Weekly BF

Hit Detection

Comments

• Borg_QC
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mischkag wrote: »
    Well the only thing that is left for me to say is for historical reasons. We are having plans for the very near future to provide that data in the Score board for all platforms and not just to the ping site and rather the real in game latency.

WOW!!! I'm very happy to read this!!! I hope that it is in the very near future for BF1 and your next BF games!!!! Thank You again! >:)
  • Jonboy1966
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How about adding some servers in the midwest, like the Chicago area. Our ping rates always suffer since we are forced to either east coast or west coast servers. My pings are always high and suffer from severe packet loss, latency constantly.
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I understand what is being said here about allowing all users access to an enjoyable experience and not locking out players due to high ping, however i do find it somewhat silly that i have to hop around to find servers with a ping sweetspot of 125-175ms in order to have a smooth and enjoyable game when i can connect to EU servers with an average ping time in the low to mid 20ms.

Would it not be possible to have a percentage (20% maybe) of servers that are only displayed if a users average ping time over say the last 5 matches was less than 70-80ms, these servers could be labeled in the server browser as low ping to allow users with good connections to play together if they wish.

Surely this way every one can have a enjoyable experience, low ping connections could still play with friends if they wanted to on regular servers and higher ping players would not even know they are missing out as they would never see low ping only servers.
  • Cactus757
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I also find 150ms to be the sweet spot for game play. It's absolutely ridiculous that I can have 20ms to West US servers and the game be sometimes unplayable. People purposely play out of region because the game plays better or trying to get an advantage. This system is ripe for abuse as we've all seen too often. For example the Japanese in US servers. Maybe they don't really get an advantage in BF1 but it still wrecks the game for the low pingers. I think the amount of legitimate high pingers is a pretty low percentage of the players. But you have masses of players making themselves high pingers on purpose.

Dice you need to have some servers limited to 100ms or less. You can have open servers and limited servers. The high pingers can still play and everyone should be happier.

An off topic note.

The spawns are awful. The under fire warning is broken. Tired of spawning and dying 1sec later.

Medal tracking broken.
  • SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I also passed along the various suggestions with regards to ping cap.

Finally, now we getting somewhere.
  • diagoro
    1559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A Chicago server site may actually come. I also passed along the various suggestions with regards to ping cap.

If I could ask a question.....is there a reason I only have a good experience when in US West? Seems playing in US East gives me really poor hit detection and too many 'one shot' deaths. Seems odd that I can literally only play in my precise region, which makes games like operations frustrating (since I can't select region).
  • mischkag
    214 postsMember, Developer DICE
    It may be that US East also has lots of players from Europe. You would need to tell me your ping to both sides.
  • diagoro
    1559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It may be that US East also has lots of players from Europe. You would need to tell me your ping to both sides.

Really appreciate the response. Will have to start using the graph again.
  • Tranquillity308
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just today I hit a guy in the chest with the 10-a hunter from about 3 feet away and he ended up killing me. His health was 100.
  • lerki0
    907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Perhaps you guys(DICE) could give us a ping rating in the kill cam of the player who killed you, this way if you are killed in unusual circumstances you can then instantly see what ping they have and if its high then you have at least some information in hand as to what may happened.
  • RichardPye843
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    The hit detection in this game is ATROCIOUS! It has gotten even worse here lately! I can unload on someone with a shotgun and not register ANY damage. I had a double knifing just today. HOW is that possible? I have charged people and hear the stabbing noise and not get the kill and have shot people charging me and not do ANY damage. Plus the ricochet on tanks is RIDICULOUS. I have shot the heavy tank and get the deflection hit after you hit them broad side not just once but over and over again. My BIGGEST problem with this game is the fact you cant see the enemies very well. They blend into the background too well. Due to the very low resolution of the Xbox you cant see them. Plus spotting is BROKEN! You have to hit the button over and over again. This game is one buggy mess. I feel like this game penalizes me for having a very high speed internet connection.
    Post edited by RichardPye843 on
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lerki0 wrote: »
    Perhaps you guys(DICE) could give us a ping rating in the kill cam of the player who killed you, this way if you are killed in unusual circumstances you can then instantly see what ping they have and if its high then you have at least some information in hand as to what may happened.

Its not really needed if you know what your ping is and its not the issue via the network graph and your suffering wonky deaths and your shots aren't registering then you know that player or players have a ping of 100+.
  • Borg_QC
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am sorry to hear you feel that way. The shotgun has been reported to be either to powerful or to inconsistent. The double knifing can happen due to high pings. There is a bug with 3p camera on tanks not matching the 1p one when shooting.
    Yes i agree that you do not have lots of advantages with a high internet connection as it is right now. The game was optimized for low ping connections, but high ping ones are not penalized due to the necessity to allow high ping players (not all regions are covered, friend invites across regions). As they usually get a smoother game (their own non reliable packet delivery results in non smooth movements for all other players), the advantage of a low ping when it comes to who killed first may be offseted. There are plenty of good suggestions here in the forum when it comes to ping caps/regions/server setups. We have pending changes which will fix/improve the low ping/high ping handling and we will cover more regions/server sites and hopefully display the ping for all platforms.

How about adding some servers in Canada? Particulary East, like in Quebec??? OVH company have servers in the city of Beauharnois!!! o:)
  • RichardPye843
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am sorry to hear you feel that way. The shotgun has been reported to be either to powerful or to inconsistent. The double knifing can happen due to high pings. There is a bug with 3p camera on tanks not matching the 1p one when shooting.
    Yes i agree that you do not have lots of advantages with a high internet connection as it is right now. The game was optimized for low ping connections, but high ping ones are not penalized due to the necessity to allow high ping players (not all regions are covered, friend invites across regions). As they usually get a smoother game (their own non reliable packet delivery results in non smooth movements for all other players), the advantage of a low ping when it comes to who killed first may be offseted. There are plenty of good suggestions here in the forum when it comes to ping caps/regions/server setups. We have pending changes which will fix/improve the low ping/high ping handling and we will cover more regions/server sites and hopefully display the ping for all platforms.

I truly hope that ALL of those improvements are included in the next path. The game is almost unplayable to me at this point. Also loading times very much NEEDS improvement on Xbox. It should not have to take 3-4 minutes to join a match. The spotting needs to be fixed also and I am just wondering if you are aware of this problem on Xbox? You have to hit the button over and over and over again to spot someone even if it works at all. Plus I have also experienced bugs where you spawn in as the horse rider without the horse at the beginning and during matches. You pick a tank when you see one available then you are kicked out the loading for it. I really enjoy this game but it can get pretty frustrating at times due to the problems I am having that are out of my control.
  • BOOG1EJUICE66
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please for the love of christ fix the pistols, tired of getting one shotted from 100m away by pistol.
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A Chicago server site may actually come. I also passed along the various suggestions with regards to ping cap.

Thanks for replying. Nice to know people are listening and I can't imagine it's the most fun absorbing all the hate that some people generate.
  • diagoro

Appreciate the feedback. There are some from a related thread on the BF4 forum who would have literally passed out after seeing an official response like above. I recall some heated discussions where a few argued there was no low ping advantage

Again, thanks for the response, and optimism. This issue destroyed games through the past three + years.