Anyone else tired of the LONG loading?

RichardPye843
206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
This games loading is RICULOUS! I know the Xbox1 has trouble processing this game but there is no excuse for it taking 3-4 minutes to join a match. It takes twice that long on operations!

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We all are lol
  • stevo1256
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I want more of the long loading followed by the black screen of hopelessness.
  • lerki0
    907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For me this is no 1 on the list of necessary improvements seconded by the spawning on dead bodies glitch.

But yes the load times are insanely long and need some sort of attention.
  • Tranquillity308
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Of course, none of us like it. I don't know whats worse though, the loading or the eternal quit hangup
  • CosmicStriker
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    it's not as long as Star Wars Battlefront
    Post edited by CosmicStriker on
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Loading the game from an external hard drive, rather than your internal Xbox One hard drive, helps immensely.

it's not as long at Star Wars Battlefront

It's longer than Battlefront's @CosmicStriker
  • RichardPye843
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    Loading the game from an external hard drive, rather than your internal Xbox One hard drive, helps immensely.

I may try that but the fact that I have to go buy an added piece of hardware in order to play the game correctly upsets me. I dont like that I have to do that.
  • jasoncaric
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I may try that but the fact that I have to go buy an added piece of hardware in order to play the game correctly upsets me. I dont like that I have to do that.

Ya, i hate the loading times too i just cannot justify "wasting" money on a external hd. I just deal with it. If i didnt really like the game the loading times would b a deal breaker for me personally.
  • m0nkeybuiness
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2016
    I think they should let you customize your loadout or something while waiting. Id much rather be sitting here looking at all 3 guns in the game for 10 mins wishing i could actually get a good skin in the one battlepack i get a day :smiley: .
  • skipperdog106
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed the loading times are absymal does my head in some times a few of the points 2 be capped already b4 I join
  • AhoyDrogon
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm just tired of the game right now. There's nothing going for it anymore. Yeah they've stripped it down to barebones fighting and combat but they've stripped out so much of what made a battlefield game. The slower, tactical gameplay had been replaced with run and gun gameplay. The squad and team play is extremely thin and scarce from server to server (not counting playing with friends as that is kind of a given).

I think that EA has rushed DICE too much to release the game. It has so much going for it but just hasn't delivered. Not on Xbox one at least.
  • Tranquillity308
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Wow, Im already loading it from an external drive and it feels like forever...sorry for anyone that isnt. :/
  • CosmicStriker
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    has any one really timed it? i always say it should not take more than 2 minutes if it does, you need to restart your game.
  • diagoro
    1562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jasoncaric wrote: »

Ya, i hate the loading times too i just cannot justify "wasting" money on a external hd. I just deal with it. If i didnt really like the game the loading times would b a deal breaker for me personally.

I felt the same. But I got tired of NEVER getting a tank. Now I'm always the first one in.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Agree with you.

But as a gamer you should really have an external drive regardless. They are quite cheap, and let you hold all tue digital gaming content you want
  • M0RT0N
    77 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Agree with you.

But as a gamer you should really have an external drive regardless. They are quite cheap, and let you hold all tue digital gaming content you want

But does it load any faster... that Sir is the question..
  • diagoro
    1562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M0RT0N wrote: »

Agree with you.

The game may still have a similar load time, but those with a sdd process daya faster, will get into servers faster.

There are other aspects it wont help, like the buggy in-game menu. That's up to Dice.
  • FRSTDWNx
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Who would like it lol.

I also have started to hate the music. I turned it way down.
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M0RT0N wrote: »

Agree with you.

I'm using a 7200RPM XDD USB 3.0 and my load times are improved over 30 seconds on average. 95% of the time, I get whatever vehicle I want, I am always loading in well before most players and have time to mess with my kit before the game actually begins. In operations, if I am on the attack and we fail a sector, I almost always get to drive the Behemoth.

• SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    mischkag wrote: »
    Btw in the upcoming patch the loading times on X1 will be much improved for joining an ongoing match. The spotting issue is not known as of yet. Please be aware that there is a cooldown period before you can spot again. So mashing the button wont help. Spawning without weapons as a pilot should be fixed too. The other issues like spawned as cavalry without a horse, spawning without a plane are tracked and hopefully can be fixed.

This quote is located here in this thread..
    Directly from a Dice employee.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58255/hit-detection