This Week in Battlefield V

I go 16-0, teammate goes 10-2 - he gets the K/D recognition.

sawyermblack
587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
How does this work? I think maybe I'm misunderstanding something about K/D.

I went 16 and 0 and this guy went 10 and 2, he was recognized on the main screen for 5 K/D as best, I wasn't.

Comments

• jdny1388
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You had zero deaths. Anything multiplied by zero is zero. Hence you have a zero k/d. You screwed up by killing yourself at the end of the round like us pros.
  • sawyermblack
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jdny1388 wrote: »
    You had zero deaths. Anything multiplied by zero is zero. Hence you have a zero k/d. You screwed up by killing yourself at the end of the round like us pros.

Has it always been calculated like this? If so, the whole stat is worthless.
  • jdny1388
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol no I'm just messing with you. Probably just a glitch.
  • Tranquillity308
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hmm, that wasnt today on Xbox team deathmatch was it?
  • sawyermblack
    Hmm, that wasnt today on Xbox team deathmatch was it?

It was. Posted this a couple minutes after the match. Just curious how it works.
  • PhatHamWallet
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's the division by zero that throws the game off
  • Tranquillity308
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh, then it wasntme hah. That was my score about 6-7 hours ago.
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's happened to me plenty, even with flags defended or attacked it will sometimes give it to someone below you.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    jdny1388 wrote: »

Has it always been calculated like this? If so, the whole stat is worthless.
    No, it hasn't. Last time I got recognized for best K/D I had 0 death. My theory is that you did die a few times but were rezzed so your deaths didn't show up on the score board, but they were remembered by the server.
  • MagikarpsGhost
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How does this work? I think maybe I'm misunderstanding something about K/D.

I went 16 and 0 and this guy went 10 and 2, he was recognized on the main screen for 5 K/D as best, I wasn't.

i got "best pilot"...yet all i did was ONE bombing run then crashed lol.