Woman voice: "you lost object A"

Comments

• Congaz
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    If she sounded like a female Drill Sergeant or close to R. Lee Ermey sounding it'll be alright. She needs to sound off

Making it sounds like she is not inside my head would be enough, tone it down, make it apear from a distance or whatever. a complete change would be the best of it ofcourse but cant ask for to much :P
  • Shadowmane01
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited July 2016
    Some hard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ military sounding guy/woman screaming you've lost the flag ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wipes get it back now or I will put my hand down your throat and pull yer balls up through your ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ would be better.
  • En1gmuh
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just give us the option to disable it please. I did find it annoying.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, a bunch of fragile white men can't handle hearing a woman's voice? It should be voiced by a WOC just so we can harvest some more male tears.

It could have been a calm male voice, and I would have had the same issues with it.
  • Loqtrall
    12316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, a bunch of fragile white men can't handle hearing a woman's voice? It should be voiced by a WOC just so we can harvest some more male tears.

Is this really the conclusion you're coming to? - It's not solely because it's a woman, it's because it sounds totally out-of-place, and sounds like someone is sitting on your shoulder talking in to your ear in a calm, monotone matter in the middle of a *** battle.
    -
    Most people's suggestions are changing the voice to make it sound like a radio, or at least changing it so it doesn't sound like it's your conscience talking to you. Your proclamation that these are all "fragile white men" just being sexist is 10x more ridiculous than anything anyone's suggested in here. Most people just hate it because it doesn't match the theme of the game.
  • doctorrocktor
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Is this really the conclusion you're coming to? - It's not solely because it's a woman, it's because it sounds totally out-of-place, and sounds like someone is sitting on your shoulder talking in to your ear in a calm, monotone matter in the middle of a *** battle.
    -
    Most people's suggestions are changing the voice to make it sound like a radio, or at least changing it so it doesn't sound like it's your conscience talking to you. Your proclamation that these are all "fragile white men" just being sexist is 10x more ridiculous than anything anyone's suggested in here. Most people just hate it because it doesn't match the theme of the game.

this
  • Loqtrall
    12316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    a woman [...] sounds totally out-of-place

Wow. Just wow. It's sexist attitudes like this that keep us one step away from another damn dark age.

And it's trolls like you editing quotes to make people look sexist that turn forums like this into cancer.
    -
    The announcer sounds out of place because it sounds like a calm voiced person is sitting on your shoulder talking into your ear every time something happens - not because it's a woman. Get some better material, your contributions to this thread are nil.
  • Loqtrall
    a woman [...] sounds totally out-of-place

Wow. Just wow. It's sexist attitudes like this that keep us one step away from another damn dark age.

And it's trolls like you editing quotes to make people look sexist that turn forums like this into cancer.
    -
    The announcer sounds out of place because it sounds like a calm voiced person is sitting on your shoulder talking into your ear every time something happens - not because it's a woman. Get some better material, your contributions to this thread are nil.

I did not edit his quote out of context. He said it sounds like a woman and that a woman's voice is out of place.

You did edit the hell out of it. You edited a 40-word sentence I wrote and compacted it into a 6-word quote that made me appear as if I was saying that the voice of a woman is out-of-place in this game, when that's not what I said at all.
    -
    I never said that the woman's voice sounded out-of-place - I said the announcers voice in general felt out of place BECAUSE it sounded like a calm-voiced woman is sitting on your shoulder and whispering in your ear in the middle of a battle in WW1. Again - you just edited my quote to make it seem as if I was speaking solely about the voice being that of a woman when I was talking about it being "out-of-place".
    -
    Honestly, can you go troll somewhere else before you get banned from this forum until 2019?
  • Loqtrall
    Aw, he ignored me. Poor soul.
  • TroySt0rm
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited July 2016
    Nevermind, I was ignored lol god forbid I do nothing
  • GraveyardPolka
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The announcer reminds me of the women who worked for British Fighter Command during the Second World War. The announcer doesn't bother me at all, she just reminds me of those women. As for an announcer being a soldier or officer screaming orders, that'd also be cool. An appropriate announcer depending on the current faction you are playing would be great. But, basically I am ok with any announcer that fits the setting, so no Unreal Tournament voice as funny as that may be.

71015.jpg
    Fighter Command Operations room at the RAF Bentley Priory during the Battle of Britain
  • aguybrush
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If nothing else, the "you are losing" message needs to go.
  • onkruid26
    590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    I am on both sides to be fair.

I like the current womens voice because its calm and clear to hear admist the chaos and destruction around me ingame.

But at the same time i would like her ( or a male ) voice to be be radio like or sounding like she yells from a distance making it more authentic.

Having a nearby teamate yell that we lost a objective would probably give the most authentic feeling for me, but they should not be able to call out stuff that is happening on the other side off the map, give it a radius off like " teamate will yell the status off the 2 closest objectives )

I am 100% against having a bulky officer yelling swear words constantly.. yes it might have happend etc admist the chaos but i aint to fond off listening to constant insults it will start to annoy me very fast.

Edit : added some space between my points to make it easier to read.
    Edit 2 : does not seem to work... bummer :-)
  • Black_Gotenks26
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I think DICE should just leave it in and people should deal with it. They shouldn't feel bad if they somehow lose sales because idiots like OP don't buy the game because they don't like the voice over. They should be glad that idiots like that aren't playing their game.
  • Congaz
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ^ been Playing their games since bf1942 and wont stop now, but that might make me get Tired of playing the game. A simple on/off for it Would not hurt to much, would it?
This discussion has been closed.