Hit Detection

Comments

• SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just wondering why would you think anyone gives 2 **** about how smooth the game runs for some guy who eats up bullets and one shot kills because he is playing oor with a super high ping?

@mischkag Is trying to address the issue so it is balanced for both low/high pingers.
  • xraya11
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hit detection , Lag comp , Network smoothing , Ping balance . what ever you want to call it .. its not working! for me the game is unplayable and unenjoyable. My ping to the euro servers is less than 20ms. At this point in time with fibre optic technology and playing on the right server nobody should have a high ping. I believe the few are ruining the game for the many. Tbh I think a peer to peer system would work better.
  • SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xraya11 wrote: »
    Tbh I think a peer to peer system would work better.

Please take that back. SMH. If that was the case then God forbid if a high pinger got host. HOLY COW, the match would be a train wreck! I honestly think Dice will get to the bottom of this issue, and come out with a solution that will benefit low/high pingers alike.
  • BOOG1EJUICE66
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just wondering why would you think anyone gives 2 **** about how smooth the game runs for some guy who eats up bullets and one shot kills because he is playing oor with a super high ping?

@mischkag Is trying to address the issue so it is balanced for both low/high pingers.

No. He said so it runs smooth for both, which it doesnt. Thing is this is about hit detection, who gives a **** if it runs smooth for both high and low ping if the hit detection is still broken and favors the high pinger.

He has pretty much stated there will be no ping cap or region lock. If the goal isnt to solve the high ping vs low ping issue but to make the game run smooth or balanced for both pings then the problem will never be fixed. If thats the case do as was suggested earlier in this thread and give the low pingers some delay so everyone is operating on the same level. Instead low pings get shot around corners and one shot killed thru walls and opponents who sponge bullets.

• GoldenWrench67
    323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hit detection is crap tonight. West coast server, filled with invincible Asian players.

Wtf? Fix it.
  • SupremeEpidemic

No. He said so it runs smooth for both, which it doesnt. Thing is this is about hit detection, who gives a **** if it runs smooth for both high and low ping if the hit detection is still broken and favors the high pinger.

He has pretty much stated there will be no ping cap or region lock. If the goal isnt to solve the high ping vs low ping issue but to make the game run smooth or balanced for both pings then the problem will never be fixed. If thats the case do as was suggested earlier in this thread and give the low pingers some delay so everyone is operating on the same level. Instead low pings get shot around corners and one shot killed thru walls and opponents who sponge bullets.

Please re-read this gentleman's response..
    "smooth game, in progress"
    mischkag wrote: »
    Given both low and high ping get presented a smooth game(in progress),what advantage would u like to see exactly?I would love to just have servers with player pings under 100.But given we have high pingers,what would be a comprimise you could live with without destroying the game for high pingers(who might not even realize they joined a high ping server).Yes we need to improve region coverage and perhaps it is a good idea to hide high ping server sites from the players in the server browser to begin with,but i wonder what we could do to even it out and provide the low pingers with a better game.Thanks

To me it seems @mischkag is trying to help the community come to a resolution to a problem that is effecting the vast majority of the player population.
  • mischkag
    214 postsMember, Developer DICE
    There were some good suggestions in this forum with regards to region locks.The issue is being discussed at a higher level now.As you already saw are more regions now being covered.We already getting to the bottom of the issue.We hope to have something tested on CTE in January and based on that feedback see where we are at.Thx for your patience.
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    The problem is that a generally smooth game also comes along with a delay in response. Imagine everybody gets a significant delay in movements to counter lags. Whenever somebody hits you, you will get hit very much delayed and the hit around corner issues happen. So it is a fine balance. It mainly need to get improved for high ping players which often come along with an inherently high ping variance too.
    Well for the customers point of view I can see that Hit Detection and Damage calculation/application is the same thing as the result of it is what matters. You are not the only or first ones to report the issue, so there is definitely some problem(s).I am looking into this and hope to be able to improve it for the future. Thanks for bringing it up.

Why don't you ping limit at least servers you are asking us to pay for and that way, we can control our own "delicate balance?" Since BF3, it's well known that players with server locations opt to play out of region. There is a reason why they do so.
    There were some good suggestions in this forum with regards to region locks.The issue is being discussed at a higher level now.As you already saw are more regions now being covered.We already getting to the bottom of the issue.We hope to have something tested on CTE in January and based on that feedback see where we are at.Thx for your patience.

Ah. Well that sir is a far better answer that t1ggrs "the Japanese players on your local US east are just good players." Thank you for hearing us!!
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In the server browser I see loads of empty 0/64 player servers, why can't a couple of these be ping locked no 1's playing on them anyway.
  • lerki0
    907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Because some areas that the game is sold dont have servers yet so they have to play out of region. The game has to be as smooth as possible for everyone.

Read the posts mischkag explains the situation really well.
  • SupremeEpidemic

Now get off this forum and fix it! ;)
  • w0lf1986
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The hit detection in this game is ATROCIOUS! It has gotten even worse here lately! I can unload on someone with a shotgun and not register ANY damage. I had a double knifing just today. HOW is that possible? I have charged people and hear the stabbing noise and not get the kill and have shot people charging me and not do ANY damage. Plus the ricochet on tanks is RIDICULOUS. I have shot the heavy tank and get the deflection hit after you hit them broad side not just once but over and over again. My BIGGEST problem with this game is the fact you cant see the enemies very well. They blend into the background too well. Due to the very low resolution of the Xbox you cant see them. Plus spotting is BROKEN! You have to hit the button over and over again. This game is one buggy mess. I feel like this game penalizes me for having a very high speed internet connection.

Adjusting the brightness in game and on whatever screen you use to play on will help the issue with the difficulty of seeing the enemy.
  • w0lf1986
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am sorry to hear you feel that way. The shotgun has been reported to be either to powerful or to inconsistent. The double knifing can happen due to high pings. There is a bug with 3p camera on tanks not matching the 1p one when shooting.
    Yes i agree that you do not have lots of advantages with a high internet connection as it is right now. The game was optimized for low ping connections, but high ping ones are not penalized due to the necessity to allow high ping players (not all regions are covered, friend invites across regions). As they usually get a smoother game (their own non reliable packet delivery results in non smooth movements for all other players), the advantage of a low ping when it comes to who killed first may be offseted. There are plenty of good suggestions here in the forum when it comes to ping caps/regions/server setups. We have pending changes which will fix/improve the low ping/high ping handling and we will cover more regions/server sites and hopefully display the ping for all platforms.

I truly hope that ALL of those improvements are included in the next path. The game is almost unplayable to me at this point. Also loading times very much NEEDS improvement on Xbox. It should not have to take 3-4 minutes to join a match. The spotting needs to be fixed also and I am just wondering if you are aware of this problem on Xbox? You have to hit the button over and over and over again to spot someone even if it works at all. Plus I have also experienced bugs where you spawn in as the horse rider without the horse at the beginning and during matches. You pick a tank when you see one available then you are kicked out the loading for it. I really enjoy this game but it can get pretty frustrating at times due to the problems I am having that are out of my control.

You realize the spotting not supposedly working is a built in game mechanic so a player can not spam the button spitting every enemy there is a cool down feature. The in game hints actually warn you of this. It isn't broken.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    lerki0 wrote: »

Because some areas that the game is sold dont have servers yet so they have to play out of region. The game has to be as smooth as possible for everyone.

Read the posts mischkag explains the situation really well.

No servers in Japan, Korea or Brazil?
  • SupremeEpidemic
    diagoro wrote: »

Oh no the Brazilians are coming! What a trainwreck it would be.... ;)
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Oh no the Brazilians are coming! What a trainwreck it would be.... ;)

It was a big part of the problem the first few years of BF4. Brazilian servers (many of which, I recall were in New York) seemed to help just a small help.
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    w0lf1986 wrote: »
    I am sorry to hear you feel that way. The shotgun has been reported to be either to powerful or to inconsistent. The double knifing can happen due to high pings. There is a bug with 3p camera on tanks not matching the 1p one when shooting.
    Yes i agree that you do not have lots of advantages with a high internet connection as it is right now. The game was optimized for low ping connections, but high ping ones are not penalized due to the necessity to allow high ping players (not all regions are covered, friend invites across regions). As they usually get a smoother game (their own non reliable packet delivery results in non smooth movements for all other players), the advantage of a low ping when it comes to who killed first may be offseted. There are plenty of good suggestions here in the forum when it comes to ping caps/regions/server setups. We have pending changes which will fix/improve the low ping/high ping handling and we will cover more regions/server sites and hopefully display the ping for all platforms.

I truly hope that ALL of those improvements are included in the next path. The game is almost unplayable to me at this point. Also loading times very much NEEDS improvement on Xbox. It should not have to take 3-4 minutes to join a match. The spotting needs to be fixed also and I am just wondering if you are aware of this problem on Xbox? You have to hit the button over and over and over again to spot someone even if it works at all. Plus I have also experienced bugs where you spawn in as the horse rider without the horse at the beginning and during matches. You pick a tank when you see one available then you are kicked out the loading for it. I really enjoy this game but it can get pretty frustrating at times due to the problems I am having that are out of my control.

You realize the spotting not supposedly working is a built in game mechanic so a player can not spam the button spitting every enemy there is a cool down feature. The in game hints actually warn you of this. It isn't broken.

The problem I have is I can have someone directly in the crosshairs and the first button press will not spot them.
    The not spotting in fog I can kind of understand, but if I can see them I should be able to spot .
  • diagoro
    stuwooster wrote: »

The problem I have is I can have someone directly in the crosshairs and the first button press will not spot them.
    The not spotting in fog I can kind of understand, but if I can see them I should be able to spot .

As I understand it, the gun being used is a factor. For example, an LMG wont spot at extended distances, unless a scope is attached. Makes logical sense, and seems to work that way.
  • GoldenWrench67
    323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    stuwooster wrote: »

As I understand it, the gun being used is a factor. For example, an LMG wont spot at extended distances, unless a scope is attached. Makes logical sense, and seems to work that way.

Makes sense, and it's a smart move on DICE's part. Stop the spam