Game is bad

SparksX1985X
45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
This game is honestly hot garbage. The only redeeming thing about this game is the visuals.

You guys took Battlefront and reskinned it to look like a Battlefield game, and then put it in a dumpster fire. Who signed off on having elite classes that that way more damage than they should, while dealing out massive damage? Broken much? That crap was okay in Battlefront, it isn't okay in Battlefield.

And then you decided to put horses in the game, which seemed like a good idea, until they had 2-3 times the health of regular infantry, capable dealing COD MW2 fifteen foot melee kills. If the horse touches you, you die. How realistic is that? I mean, people get run over by bulls every year, they don't all die. So much about these horses are terrible. They don't need extra health, they have mobility. You don't give players riding in a car or motorcycle a ton of extra health, why should a dude on a horse who can get instant kills need it? Treat it like any other vehicle without armor.

Fix the classes too. Sniper is a super gimped, because almost every map fogs up and takes away their only strength. Assault and Support have trash guns that do no damage (aside from shotguns) and they are inaccurate as hell, even with controlled bursts. And even if you hit something, good luck getting a kill out of those guns past 30 feet. Medic needs a major nerf. Semi auto two hit kill rifles? Yea, that's fair. Any automatic gun loses at range and up close.

Also, fix the hit detection. Thing is so shoddy. Earlier I was in a tank firing at another tank, thing took 3 direct hits before it took damage. I routinely snipe planes out of the sky with tanks, I'm not missing a stationary tank from 30 feet. And that's happened a couple of times in the last week. Makes me wonder where else the hit detection is screwed up.

Oh, one more thing, why does a gas mask stop you from ADSing? Such a stupid idea.

Comments

• PepPeronhi
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll give you the hit detection problems and horse melee kills, albeit your hit detection complaints in tank combat might come down to ricochets. Other than that your complaints are ridiculous. Elite classes you just Bayonet Charge to death. Support weapons might not be the best but they're in for a buff today. You must be kidding if you think Assault weapons are bad. Seriously dude? I mean yes aimed accuracy goes to the rifles in this game, but the Assault weapons shoot laser beams from the hip. Classes are a little more restricted as far as their individual effective combat range goes. You might not like it, I certainly do.
  • RainingSH
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    +1 to hit detection.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Sounds like you've put in 5 maybe 10 mins game time.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hey we havnt seen a "battlefield 1 is just a reskin of battlefront" in a while. Wonder why. Feel free to list how it is.

Ah Elite classes are just copy from heroes from Battlefront aye? Nope. They are a pickup just like in bf4 but this time around instead of having a op weapon that you can drop at will whilst keeping your class you are now a dedicated class to that pickup (sentry; armored heavy mg/dual automatico, flame trooper; self explanatory, tank hunter; self explanatory). Now rather then make them a pickup that's discarded whenever or try and make them a class weapon/gadget they've become a dedicated role that you are stuck with till you die. You can only auto heal after 2 minutes, you can not be revived, you take 5 seconds to get ready once picked up, tanker hunter is the only one with any gadgets, can be Insta killed by roadkill, saber slash from horseback, bayonet charge, melee takedown, grenades, environment. Not to mention they can be mincemeated pretty quick if people have more then a half a brain.

Sentry is vulnerable to gas and can only hipfire, long reloads, hmg overheats, has a helmet visor that limits your vision.
    Flame trooper has a mask that hinders vision and sound plus is extremely visible with his flame stream as well as it overheating.
    Tank hunter's T-Gewehr can only be used when prone or bipoded on an object.

Do we even need to compare them to Darth throw lightsaber/force choke across the map or Princess invincible camper with ability to Insta kill?

~

Ah the old "horses should die to one bullet". You'll be surprised how hardy a war horse can actually be but whatever. It's a video game not a simulator. If horse had no health then they would more useless then a camper spinning around in circles to stay in the match.
    Friendly tip; don't target the horse, target the rider. Success can earn you a new mount.
    Yeah can we stop with the exaggerated saber distance. It was broken in the beta yes but retail you're lucky to get get a slash kill when they are touching your stirrup let alone getting trampled (that doesn't register a lot of the time too)
    It's very realistic when the trample registers. They are large war horses not Shetland ponies. Crushed rib cage, collapsed lung etc is represented as a death in this video game. How is it any different to being roadkill by any other vehicle?
    Have you even used cavalry? You'll soon find out why they are as they are else they would be totally useless.

Class is called Scout not sniper. If it fogs up you have to move closer or change class. Assault and Support do not have trash weapons. "A tradesman never blamed him tools". Take the time to learn their weapons and you'll find out how they work. Controlled bursts are not recommended for lmgs. It gets more accurate the longer you hold down the trigger (till it overheats on the Lewis and MG-15). Self loading rifles are three body shot kill or two shot headshot. Smgs trump them in close quarters out to medium range if the player is adapt, lmgs contest them at all ranges (again it's all down to the players ability). Play more tacitly not like a headless chicken.

Hit detection comes down to your network (most of time). Your experience with the tanks is the new mechanic called ricochet. Hit armor at the wrong angle and piptong! Your round ricochets. Learn the angles of the tanks and target approiately (turrets, engine, tracks)

Balance. Every single person has a gas mask by default. They just have to press T/up on the d-pad to instantly counter gas. To create balance you can't ads whilst it's been worn. Also a hint towards realism as gas masks are notorious for being a pain to operate in and it's difficult to use a rifle as normal with it. It's also a way for assault to level the playing field against medics and scouts. Scouts and medics have horrible hipfire whilst assault and support have great hipfire capabilities.
    I'll have to check but I believe the gas mask gadget in bf2 and bfh didn't let you ads sooo...
  • Maurgrim
    258 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well that's your opinion, I for one don't share it.
  • I_FrischeMilch_I
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This game is honestly hot garbage. The only redeeming thing about this game is the visuals.

1. You guys took Battlefront and reskinned it to look like a Battlefield game, and then put it in a dumpster fire. Who signed off on having elite classes that that way more damage than they should, while dealing out massive damage? Broken much? That crap was okay in Battlefront, it isn't okay in Battlefield.

2. And then you decided to put horses in the game, which seemed like a good idea, until they had 2-3 times the health of regular infantry, capable dealing COD MW2 fifteen foot melee kills. If the horse touches you, you die. How realistic is that? I mean, people get run over by bulls every year, they don't all die. So much about these horses are terrible. They don't need extra health, they have mobility. You don't give players riding in a car or motorcycle a ton of extra health, why should a dude on a horse who can get instant kills need it? Treat it like any other vehicle without armor.

3. Fix the classes too. Sniper is a super gimped, because almost every map fogs up and takes away their only strength. Assault and Support have trash guns that do no damage (aside from shotguns) and they are inaccurate as hell, even with controlled bursts. And even if you hit something, good luck getting a kill out of those guns past 30 feet. Medic needs a major nerf. Semi auto two hit kill rifles? Yea, that's fair. Any automatic gun loses at range and up close.

4. Also, fix the hit detection. Thing is so shoddy. Earlier I was in a tank firing at another tank, thing took 3 direct hits before it took damage. I routinely snipe planes out of the sky with tanks, I'm not missing a stationary tank from 30 feet. And that's happened a couple of times in the last week. Makes me wonder where else the hit detection is screwed up.

5. Oh, one more thing, why does a gas mask stop you from ADSing? Such a stupid idea.

1. they can be knifed.
    2. mobility? have you actually tried one?
    3. srsly...
    4. if you hit a tank in a certain degree, your bullet will bounce off.
    5. to prevent ppl from accurate aiming?

• Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Most of the issues sound more like "I'm new to Battlefield 1 and I'm not used to it yet" kind of issues. They were normal complaints early on until people figured out how deal with them.
  • V2Face
    2681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played the game for like an hour and pushed out an unnecessary complaint post. How about you put in 20+ hours then complain..You probably haven't even learned to adapt and counter play to those "OP" things. Elites can be one hit killed with bayonet charge and sneak attack melee kills you know and the sentry can be killed with gas grenade spam..because you know lack of gas mask. Pro tip...Cavalry can't sword spam you on horseback if you go prone...then at that point he will have to disengage or die from a hail of bullets. Scouts are best utilitized up close anyway infantry variant bolt actions and spot flares allow you to see where the enemies are and allow you to control the engagements in CQB. Some but not all medic rifles are three hit kills in close to medium range,if you got two hit killed most likely he got a lucky headshot or you were playing scout terribly..prone somewhere and got headshotted.
  • KYUSS_QOTSA
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sounds like your one of those hysterical crybabies who have no idea what they talking about. idiot
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Best game since bc2
  • LEEROY_UK
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Thread title should be 'Player is bad '

No but seriously give it more time and a lot of those things you mention will be fixed or improved in the new patch today.
  • Foodie88
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Unless you are playing HC, there's no single medic rifle that kills in two hits without a headshot.
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Basically something like this:
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ok, my apologies if you watched that video.

Take that as a warning anyone else. You may not be able to survive the cringe.
  • killerHAMSTER42
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What annoys me is when you try give a med to pack and nothing happens it does the animation but no med pack drops
  • SparksX1985X
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Hey we havnt seen a "battlefield 1 is just a reskin of battlefront" in a while. Wonder why. Feel free to list how it is.

Ah Elite classes are just copy from heroes from Battlefront aye? Nope. They are a pickup just like in bf4 but this time around instead of having a op weapon that you can drop at will whilst keeping your class you are now a dedicated class to that pickup (sentry; armored heavy mg/dual automatico, flame trooper; self explanatory, tank hunter; self explanatory). Now rather then make them a pickup that's discarded whenever or try and make them a class weapon/gadget they've become a dedicated role that you are stuck with till you die. You can only auto heal after 2 minutes, you can not be revived, you take 5 seconds to get ready once picked up, tanker hunter is the only one with any gadgets, can be Insta killed by roadkill, saber slash from horseback, bayonet charge, melee takedown, grenades, environment. Not to mention they can be mincemeated pretty quick if people have more then a half a brain.

Sentry is vulnerable to gas and can only hipfire, long reloads, hmg overheats, has a helmet visor that limits your vision.
    Flame trooper has a mask that hinders vision and sound plus is extremely visible with his flame stream as well as it overheating.

Do we even need to compare them to Darth throw lightsaber/force choke across the map or Princess invincible camper with ability to Insta kill?

~

Ah the old "horses should die to one bullet". You'll be surprised how hardy a war horse can actually be but whatever. It's a video game not a simulator. If horse had no health then they would more useless then a camper spinning around in circles to stay in the match.
    Friendly tip; don't target the horse, target the rider. Success can earn you a new mount.
    Yeah can we stop with the exaggerated saber distance. It was broken in the beta yes but retail you're lucky to get get a slash kill when they are touching your stirrup let alone getting trampled (that doesn't register a lot of the time too)
    It's very realistic when the trample registers. They are large war horses not Shetland ponies. Crushed rib cage, collapsed lung etc is represented as a death in this video game. How is it any different to being roadkill by any other vehicle?
    Have you even used cavalry? You'll soon find out why they are as they are else they would be totally useless.

Class is called Scout not sniper. If it fogs up you have to move closer or change class. Assault and Support do not have trash weapons. "A tradesman never blamed him tools". Take the time to learn their weapons and you'll find out how they work. Controlled bursts are not recommended for lmgs. It gets more accurate the longer you hold down the trigger (till it overheats on the Lewis and MG-15). Self loading rifles are three body shot kill or two shot headshot. Smgs trump them in close quarters out to medium range if the player is adapt, lmgs contest them at all ranges (again it's all down to the players ability). Play more tacitly not like a headless chicken.

Hit detection comes down to your network (most of time). Your experience with the tanks is the new mechanic called ricochet. Hit armor at the wrong angle and piptong! Your round ricochets. Learn the angles of the tanks and target approiately (turrets, engine, tracks)

Balance. Every single person has a gas mask by default. They just have to press T/up on the d-pad to instantly counter gas. To create balance you can't ads whilst it's been worn. Also a hint towards realism as gas masks are notorious for being a pain to operate in and it's difficult to use a rifle as normal with it. It's also a way for assault to level the playing field against medics and scouts. Scouts and medics have horrible hipfire whilst assault and support have great hipfire capabilities.
    I'll have to check but I believe the gas mask gadget in bf2 and bfh didn't let you ads sooo...

Go back and reread what I said about horses, moron. Never said the horses should die in one bullet. I said treat it like an unarmed vehicle, like the motorcycle for example. I could care less about the horse itself, I'm talking about the rider on top. The rider shouldn't have a bs amount of health. If you're out in a wide open area and a horse comes at you and you need to defend yourself against it, you have little chance on killing them alone. Hitting them with 15 bullets shouldn't drop them down to only 40% health. It's absurd. It's really fair to have a setup that allows you more than double a regular class's health, have high mobility, be able to drop guys with a sword or running into to them.

I get war horses are strong, bro. Trust me. But you know what else is strong? A frigging bull. They kill people from time to time, but it's not super common. They run them through the streets in Spain and get chased by them. Folks get run over and they live. A bull is like a thousand pounds of muscle or more with horns on it, if they don't kill all the time, I fail to see how a horse would do the same. They obviously should do damage in the game, but not 100% of your health. Should be 75% max.

Oh, I know about ricochet. I also know ricocheted rounds from tanks do SOME damage. I adapted quickly to that. But when I hit a tank at a clean 90 degrees (give or tank a couple degrees) that isn't an issue. And, as I said, even if it were the issue, I'd get some damage in them, as well as a hit marker.

Why would a gas mask stop you from ADSing with a pistol? I mean most of the pistols in this game are trash to begin with, but you hold the damned things in one hand, even with a mask, aiming shouldn't be difficult. You have no butt stock to prevent you from aiming. And when half of the enemy team spams gas the entire effing round, it makes taking flags a joke because you couldn't hit the broad side of the biggest barn from 10 feet away if you happen to use medic or support.

It's your opinion that the assault and support guns aren't trash. So far, I've found 1 support weapon that isn't (the bar), and every assault weapon I've used is is straight diarrhea. Unless you are close enough to take someone's wallet, the assault SMGs do very little damage. Even when aiming for the head, I do poor damage with it. Shotguns are garbage for me, I can be 10 feet away and need to hit someone clean in the chest 3 times before they die, which is funny, because I get killed with 1 hit from those shotguns from 20+ feet all the time and it's never a headshot or anything.
  • SparksX1985X
    V2Face wrote: »
    Played the game for like an hour and pushed out an unnecessary complaint post. How about you put in 20+ hours then complain..You probably haven't even learned to adapt and counter play to those "OP" things. Elites can be one hit killed with bayonet charge and sneak attack melee kills you know and the sentry can be killed with gas grenade spam..because you know lack of gas mask. Pro tip...Cavalry can't sword spam you on horseback if you go prone...then at that point he will have to disengage or die from a hail of bullets. Scouts are best utilitized up close anyway infantry variant bolt actions and spot flares allow you to see where the enemies are and allow you to control the engagements in CQB. Some but not all medic rifles are three hit kills in close to medium range,if you got two hit killed most likely he got a lucky headshot or you were playing scout terribly..prone somewhere and got headshotted.

"Scouts are best utilized up close"? Sorry, I can't take you seriously.

Why would a scout play up close? You mentioned flares, so let's go with that. Flares don't help your teammates see enemy positions. I see friendly Flares go off all the time and it doesn't put their positions on the minimap. It's solely for one person. Big effing deal. At most you can tell your squad mates, assuming they are helping your squad and not off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ around elsewhere. And as far as I know, there is no option to use chat to talk to the entire team, I've looked.

And then you have your guns. If you're playing up close, you're more likely to be shot at. That means your getting suppressed more. Sniper rifles in this game aren't 1 hit kill unless you hit them in the head. Unless you are uncommonly good at pulling off miracle headshots while being suppressed, you aren't killing anyone, because you'll only get one shot off before a medic kills you with 2 or 3 quick hits.
  • SparksX1985X
    PepPeronhi wrote: »
    I'll give you the hit detection problems and horse melee kills, albeit your hit detection complaints in tank combat might come down to ricochets. Other than that your complaints are ridiculous. Elite classes you just Bayonet Charge to death. Support weapons might not be the best but they're in for a buff today. You must be kidding if you think Assault weapons are bad. Seriously dude? I mean yes aimed accuracy goes to the rifles in this game, but the Assault weapons shoot laser beams from the hip. Classes are a little more restricted as far as their individual effective combat range goes. You might not like it, I certainly do.

The game could be good, but it's like Dice decides to pick and choose their realism. That's half of what ticks me off. All I hear is how realistic their games are, and then they throw in COD mechanics into it and ruins things. How should any gun be more accurate firing off the hip than with the sights? LMGs that are more accurate the longer you fire them. Horse riders with a crap ton of health. Stupid things like how you can hear a teammate walk from 40 feet away, but you can't hear an enemy full out sprinting up a wooden staircase. Be realistic or don't.

The biggest thing going that would improve the game is they loosened up the restrictions on what ranges your classes are effective in. They should do something like they had in BF3 where there was a pool of weapons any class could use. If you wanted to play as a sniper class but you wanted to play up close, you could have a PDW instead of a rifle. If you wanted to be a medic you could run with a shotgun. If you wanted to have more range, you can swap your smg for an AR. That would make the game way better, because as it is, I don't like using assault because of their weapons, but I like their equipment. If I could swap out their nonsense guns for a semi auto rifle I'd actually use it more.
  • TheStrategist242
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

~

Go back and reread what I said about horses, moron. Never said the horses should die in one bullet. I said treat it like an unarmed vehicle, like the motorcycle for example. I could care less about the horse itself, I'm talking about the rider on top. The rider shouldn't have a bs amount of health. If you're out in a wide open area and a horse comes at you and you need to defend yourself against it, you have little chance on killing them alone. Hitting them with 15 bullets shouldn't drop them down to only 40% health. It's absurd. It's really fair to have a setup that allows you more than double a regular class's health, have high mobility, be able to drop guys with a sword or running into to them.

I get war horses are strong, bro. Trust me. But you know what else is strong? A frigging bull. They kill people from time to time, but it's not super common. They run them through the streets in Spain and get chased by them. Folks get run over and they live. A bull is like a thousand pounds of muscle or more with horns on it, if they don't kill all the time, I fail to see how a horse would do the same. They obviously should do damage in the game, but not 100% of your health. Should be 75% max.

Oh, I know about ricochet. I also know ricocheted rounds from tanks do SOME damage. I adapted quickly to that. But when I hit a tank at a clean 90 degrees (give or tank a couple degrees) that isn't an issue. And, as I said, even if it were the issue, I'd get some damage in them, as well as a hit marker.

Why would a gas mask stop you from ADSing with a pistol? I mean most of the pistols in this game are trash to begin with, but you hold the damned things in one hand, even with a mask, aiming shouldn't be difficult. You have no butt stock to prevent you from aiming. And when half of the enemy team spams gas the entire effing round, it makes taking flags a joke because you couldn't hit the broad side of the biggest barn from 10 feet away if you happen to use medic or support.

It's your opinion that the assault and support guns aren't trash. So far, I've found 1 support weapon that isn't (the bar), and every assault weapon I've used is is straight diarrhea. Unless you are close enough to take someone's wallet, the assault SMGs do very little damage. Even when aiming for the head, I do poor damage with it. Shotguns are garbage for me, I can be 10 feet away and need to hit someone clean in the chest 3 times before they die, which is funny, because I get killed with 1 hit from those shotguns from 20+ feet all the time and it's never a headshot or anything.

Spit that truth!
  • GewinntNiXX
    121 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sounds like you've put in 5 maybe 10 mins game time.

I have nearly 300h and I can say you that he is telling you facts. maybe you are the noob here