Weekly Debrief

HardCore Players needed to Turn HardCore damage back to 200% Complain /Petition Here!

PeacefulBullet
109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
My best guess is the Softies ( softcore players ) complained they were dying to quick so dice is trying to cater to them. Hardcore players are less likely to complain but if we don't the softies will get their way on the hardcore servers turning them into some sort of perverted medium core garbage. lots of threads already but we need to consolidate and at least make one of these threads blow up so Dice will take notice

Dont know why bullet damage was turned down to 125% but it really makes it more like medium core. Can you even call it hardcore when the settings are not on the hardest? In my opinion all it was lacking was the Teamkill message which is fixed now with the new patch. So Complain and petition here if we get enough comments they might just change it back to 200%.

Hardcore = hardest server settings it even says it in the name.

and to Complain about one more thing, Why was there not a HC server set up for the new map Giants Shadow. I realize it cant go in to server rotation till it releases to everyone. But would it have been so hard to set up a few HC servers with giants shadow only , like the softies got ?

Comments

• bobradar
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    +1 ... and this is coming from a Medic-only perspective.
      I agree they need to undo the global change to weapon damage, and revert back to 200%.
      The wrong approach was taken with this patch, when they claimed the reasoning was based on the "overpowered" scout class.
      Tweak the scout-weapons and pass-through damage mechanic, and leave the other classes and weapons as they were originally.
      I'm all for one-hit-kills to head/chest (or pass-through from arm into chest) for scout class rifles. This is hardcore mode after all.
  • Zarz_Zorom
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I noticed I was getting killed alot faster by machine guns and my sniper stood no chance. Thought it could be lag screwing it some how, but once I got a chest shot and the guy turned and shot me I knew something was wrong. Looked it up and they changed damage. I thought I came to hardcore to play something challenging, not a low buffed core. So I stopped playing, thought my years of battlefield are done, Cod still has an actual hardcore.
  • cicciojam
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @PeacefulBullet I'm on your side (I think many people are on your side), if you really do a petition, you will have my signature
  • black666
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    all my teams are with you !!! we are very down after this bad update from hardcore ! Ea need understand a lot of player want past hardcore!
  • baserunner511
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree 200%, I'm not wanting to play battlefield 1 now because of the change. This is so stupid that dice made these changes! Dice doesn't seem to understand the difference between core and hardcore.
  • neoge0
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So,

100/200 = 50%
    100/125 = 80%

Old HC settings were 60% health so that's roughly 100/165 = 60,(60)

The 200% damage setting might had been too high in fact, not only because of the BA rifle OHK issue but also for revolver pistol OHK (which was in fact a bit too much) and probably also for incendiaries and gas grenades although personally it didn't feel like it for these last two.

Unless DICE truly addresses the class variety and PTFO issue in HC, which would never happen with going back to sniper OHK across all distances and body parts (hitbox multiplier system would not work with 200% damage output) than I honestly wouldn't support this petition for going back.

Implementing changes to the Scout class which has a very low skill requirement and with OHK just promoted camping and non PTFO gameplay is the only way to go so the damage settings can be raised again.

Problem is most scouts don't seem to be down to earth or really looking for a challenging fair and enjoyable experience. Sniping has never been so easy and map design has never favored so much a class above all others as it does the scouts. So OHK as it was just couldn't stand.

Imho the settings should be reworked for HC only instead of applying a multiplier from Normal to HC.

Anyway I find it very hard to believe any PTFO player (which are the only ones that should really matter as far as objective based game modes go) would support going back to the previous settings and leaving things as they were.
  • Acehawk51
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its absolutely ridiculous to drop damage so low, why even bother having a HC mode at this point? Its actually useless. I waited for so long to have a good damage system because LMG's are so inaccurate, and Snipers are so slow to fire. Crazy disappointed with this change and hope they change it soon, this might actually be enough for me to abandon the game until they change it. Back to Red Orchestra where combat actually seems deadly
  • Acehawk51
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree with a few other comments, keep 200% damage to the head and chest and reduce damage to limbs to make it more real.
  • Raorix
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    200% :)
    125% :(
    Dice **** move guys. Did you even play test this? What's the point in this mode. Now? Way to dramatic of a change.
  • rafa_outro89
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dice, we want 200% damage back!! Listen to your community! HELLOOO!! Hardcore is dead :-(
  • BCC-GK1llA913
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Weren't you scrubs complaining at first that damage was to damn high when Hardcore came out?
  • xKMARTx
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why not have an option in the server settings. Between 150 175 200

Notice i left 125 out, it's useless
  • CannibalWarthog
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I totally agree with changing it back. It is HARDCORE not "normal". It is the only place in the franchise where bullet damage is believable. There is nothing hardcore about reducing the bullet damage, in fact it just makes it a different normal mode. PLEASE CHANGE BACK!!!

ALSO stop listening to these YouTubers that only play normal mode and get frustrated at hardcore because they don't understand what Situational Awareness is. They want every gun to have same amount of damage. They want every map to be the same. They want all vehicles nerfed. They want bullet damaged reduced so every one can just stand still in a room for 20 minutes shooting until someone gets lucky.

Their opinion does not represent those of us that actually play hardcore.
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bring back 200%!!!
  • FoxHound9000
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was playing HC since BFBC2 and everything was fine
    Now in BF1 this is not HC its normal with TKs and no markers - wtf?
  • Francannabis
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Agree, thats not hardcore, change the name of the servers at least. Useless game already for me. Thanks for the teamkill marker huh!
  • Anticommon
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    It's bs if hc isn't 200%.

The fix really should have been 125% for scout rifles (so they arent ohk all the time but the sweet spot does increase in size.
  • fargengru
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bring back the damage on HC, it makes it near worthless to run anything but automatics now. I've had to shoot a guy in the chest 3 freakin' times repeatedly to get a kill using a semi-automatic rifle the medics get, i think it was one of the higher damage ones to top that off. Meanwhile if you have an automatic weapon it's less relevant as you can just hold down the trigger and kill instantly. Snipers are nerfed, medics are nerfed, the only classes really unaffected by this seem to be assault and support, due to their RoF and y'know, assault having the shotguns.
  • RIVERSTALKER
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My squad is with you too ! Hc unplayable, my friends are about to quit. If they quit i can sell my ps4 and say goodbye. Hc back to 200 now !!! And a huge excuse from dice !
  • RIVERSTALKER
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bring back 200 damage, its christmass goddamn it ! I wanna have a nice christmass !!!
This discussion has been closed.