Aircraft in BF1: I'm excited about this

Comments

• Turban_Legend80
    4751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I think they'll have far less impact on ground troops than their BF4 counterparts and their BF3 counterparts. And maybe even any other of their counterparts.
  • Hagster1969
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lower flight ceiling.. i dont think so, who said?
  • forthecandy
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Does some know how high was the "sky ceiling" in previous battlefield? Well, WW1 planes had a sufficient ceiling, sometimes over 5 km, I doubt that any map will have such a ceiling
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    unless there are objectives in the sky, they will be nothing more than a nuisance like they are in every single BF game.
  • shermansghost
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey Lordmang. Good to see you back.

I'm more interested in if there will be any transport air vehicles. A match can be won in BF4 with a good transport helicopter pilot providing easy access to the entire battlefield.
  • schallsj
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I'm excited about it as well. I hope big zeps rain fire down on infantry while air pilots attack/defend the zeps with different soldiers manning defensive positions on the zep trying to defend it. I'm just so excited.
  • ShadowBeast005
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ZombieP1ow wrote: »
    unless there are objectives in the sky, they will be nothing more than a nuisance like they are in every single BF game.

Be careful what you wish for, the blimps in air superiority look a awful lot like the ones used in ww1 to bring down enemy planes
  • ImBeauski
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Just give me a Spad XII and I'll keep the sky clear, with a 12 shot 37mm cannon and a Vickers MG I'll show the Hun what for!
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if they put objectives in the sky, i'll be more inclined to fly
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I think there's great opportunity for all BF1 aircraft (planes, zeppelins) to be important in both air and land combat roles.

Zeppelin can deny airspace while dropping bombs from above. Aircraft can interdict enemy zeppelins while also providing close air/ground support.

And now since infantry small arms can damage and destroy aircraft (e.g. just like BFHL and SWBF), ground forces will still play a crucial role on the Battlefield.

Honestly, I think BF4 could have simply allowed aircraft to be damaged by small arms fire to have achieved the same ground-air gameplay balance but chose not to.
  • bf1helicopter
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    69GTOJudge wrote: »
    Everything is important in battlefield. Planes should keep enemy planes in check. Ground troops help by using the stationary aa. Tanks will be tansporting troops past enemy lines with style. Still waiting for dice to confirm helicopters
    Helicopters, in WW1? Whatsamadda wit you?!?!

Nothing..
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I think helicopters will make it in BF1 eventually as a DLC (if not from the get go in the base game itself).
  • ShadowBeast005
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    I think helicopters will make it in BF1 eventually as a DLC (if not from the get go in the base game itself).

I hope not, let the chopper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ suffer, they deserve it after how op the little bird was in bf4. A good pilot could literally turn the game around, it could also eat a tank shell and the repair monkeys in the sides would just get it back up to a 100% in no time and then they would pull out double javelins on your tank and smoke you (thankfully it was fixed) .
  • Lordmang4

I hope not, let the chopper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ suffer, they deserve it after how op the little bird was in bf4. A good pilot could literally turn the game around, it could also eat a tank shell and the repair monkeys in the sides would just get it back up to a 100% in no time and then they would pull out double javelins on your tank and smoke you (thankfully it was fixed) .

I don't think we have to worry about OP little birds in BF1.

BF1 copters will probably be susceptible to damage and destruction from small arms fire (guns, pistols, etc.) whereas BF4's copters were not.

Also, I think BF1 copters will not be as fast or nimble as their BF4 counterparts.
  • bf1helicopter
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

I don't think we have to worry about OP little birds in BF1.

BF1 copters will probably be susceptible to damage and destruction from small arms fire (guns, pistols, etc.) whereas BF4's copters were not.

Also, I think BF1 copters will not be as fast or nimble as their BF4 counterparts.

Exactly, thank you for having an open mind, Unlike most people here when it comes to this topic. The bandwagon to only allow helicopters until the Blackhawk.

Also helicopters are not just for chopper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. They are just another vehicle option. And Just because you might decide to have fun in BF1 planes here and there doesn't make you a plane ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ gtfo with the accusations that people NEED heli. Just simply would like to see it, if not most of these people are perfectly fine
  • Lordmang4
    You're welcome. And thank you for discussing BF1 game topics, unlike some here who wish to also turn the BF1 forums into their own personal Facebook / playground (like they did with the other BF4 forums).

It's refreshing to meet other gamers who wish to discuss games for a change.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol
  • Kiwi_Al
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    So what part of ww1 had helicopters?
  • UnderbossNiko
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    None. And thank god they haven't made any appearance at all. Hopefully it will stay that way.
  • battlebhoy
    346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its good and takes us back to the bf1942/vietnam era where air vehicles were a deadly threat against infantry and hard to take down.

Since bf3 and lock on missles etc, ive just had minimal fun in the sky and jets pretty much useless for me.

This is the best way to have air vehicles...drop bombs also back!! sweet.

I never want lock on missles again, i know its part of modern combat but it just takes away the power of the helis/jets...they should be feared not something just to lock and take down with no problems.

In bf1942 the bombers could take out tanks and flag areas, and in bf:vietnam u could go on mad kill streaks with the choppers....they were force to be feared.