Weekly BF

I'm bored

Comments

• Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    -Add **** tonnes of gadgets, like at least 10 that can be used by all classes. Just **** my **** up fam. Things like bipods, artillery flares for barrages, whatever.

no, no, no and oh, before i forget, no.

Time to move on for you I guess. Bye.
  • luvanurse41
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Go outside get a life. Takes forever to level up in this game. The fact that you maxed everything out means you play this too much.
  • edibleshrapnel
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Go outside get a life. Takes forever to level up in this game. The fact that you maxed everything out means you play this too much.

What is this relevant to... Who said I didn't have a life. I have around 200 hours played, a lot of that is on week ends and holidays. Dayum. And I haven't maxed everything out as I said.
  • edibleshrapnel
    GerocK- wrote: »
    So basically you are mainly bored because you don't get enough battle packs? Battle packs that only give a different look to your weapon.
    I agree that gas shouldn't go through walls though and that people should only get 1 gas grenade, I'll give you that. But the rest of your post all seems very minor and I don't think you suddenly wouldn't be bored anymore if they change what you say.

Im bored because of everything I already said, which includes battle packs. All they need is some tweaking. All these issues affect quality of life for players, creating a negative experience, so yes, I would be less bored.
  • edibleshrapnel
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    I've leveled up all the classes except for pilot and cavalry, so what is there left to do? There are medals, which are still kinda broken(some are ****, revolver kills, vehicle kills in behemoth, etc.), there is the level system, which isn't really important after whatever level you get all your weapon unlock points, and there are battle packs, which are missing several chromosomes for real.

Battle packs instafix

Make scraps so that you can buy what skin you want(make them more expensive if need be.)
    Hand out certain number of battlepacks to high performing players, and another number to random people.(Lets encourage good play here).
    If you get a duplicate skin that you already have, you should have a chance to either take that duplicate skin or "respin", or just get another battlepack. This would apply only to battlepack duplicates you currently have, not what you had.
    Increase number of battlepacks handed out to where 1/4 of players receive them.

How 2 make gaem more fun

-Only 1 grenade per life, cannot resupply another. Nuff of this **** grenade spam.
    -swear to god, just remove the gas, only **** and shotgun pushers use them. At the very least, limit it to 1, lower the amount of time it lingers, and fix it so it doesn't instantly travel through walls.
    -Buff selbstlader 1906, Huot, and un-nerf the Martini and Hellriegel. They're a grind to get, and should be unique/offer a niche of some sort.
    -Add **** tonnes of gadgets, like at least 10 that can be used by all classes. Just **** my **** up fam. Things like bipods, artillery flares for barrages, whatever.

yis

Turn off your PS4/ PC/ XB1 and go outside.

Actually kys m8.
  • Loqtrall
    12032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've leveled up all the classes except for pilot and cavalry, so what is there left to do?

Play the ****ing game?
  • TEKNOCODE
    11081 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I've leveled up all the classes except for pilot and cavalry, so what is there left to do?

Play the ****ing game?

This ^.

• XDark__PoisonX
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Here's something to do: Try and earn as many dog tags you possibly can! The "100 kills with Kolibri" one should keep you going for a while! :)
  • eztarget77
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can always play with yourself. Let me elaborate:

You can grab the wood
    of the stock of your sniper rifle.
    And continuously stroke the bolt
    to put a bullet in the chamber.
    And squeeze gently
    the trigger
    Until it spits out
    A bullet
    To reach a target far, far away.
  • LiquidCheese99
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    @disposalist

okay so your 500 hours into BF1 so the game has been live for 56 days so my math that mean you average .. 8.92 hours of bf1 a day since release.

considering most humans sleep for 8 hours a day that leaves 66% of the day remaining so basically spend 56.2% of your waking day playing BF1

how... do you achieve such level of gaming eliteness... i can squeeze in 2 hours a day at best ever!!

I agree here.

Adding level-ups and unlocks to FPS games was a bad move I think.

Too many people now just play to level everything up and get unlocks, once that is done they are "bored with it". I also find that the amount of hours some people play is extremely unhealthy, I know that is their decision, but just sayin'.

Does no-one just play for fun any more? I couldn't care less about the level ups, I haven't spent any warbonds for about the last 6 levels, they are just building up, simply because I have found a loadout I like and am sticking with it.

Everything you can get in-game should just be available from the outset for free, no levelling and no unlocks.

Find a loadout you like, and a squad you can work with, and just have fun playing...THAT is what gaming should be about.

Agreed. Too many people need a "carrot" to keep playing, if they run out of unlocks they get bored. What ever happened to playing games because they're fun? Yea, unlocks are great, but I really don't care about that crap as long as the game stays enjoyable longterm (so far it has).
  • r0nin_Ts
    1410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    *Deleted*
    Post edited by r0nin_Ts on
  • edibleshrapnel

Play the ****ing game?

YEAH ID LOVE TO IF THERE WAS MORE **** IN IT YOU FILTHY PLEB. Bf 3, Bf 4, all the OG cods, all of them had lots of customization, modes, and weapons which made it playable for days upon months upon years, but thanks for the advice, because being level 89 and unlocking everything isn't "playing the **** game".
  • TEKNOCODE
    11081 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lcamtuff wrote: »
    Agreed. Too many people need a "carrot" to keep playing, if they run out of unlocks they get bored. What ever happened to playing games because they're fun? Yea, unlocks are great, but I really don't care about that crap as long as the game stays enjoyable longterm (so far it has).

Or maybe they want to have more content than few similiar guns for each class and standard uniforms? Attachment system? Long barrel, short barrel, scopes, bayonet optional (affecting ads accuracy due to weight), diffrent ammunition or improvements... Content which they can unlock by playing as it feels more fair and rewarding that random lottery system which is granting for those unlucky the same garbage over and over again? Officer clothes? Trench uniform? Africa corps? Are you guys really that blind to see that this game is lacking of content? I mean I love BF1, but let's be impartial on this one.

I'm not blind, but I have never judged FPS' content by the number of attachments or skins. BF1 and R6S keep me entertained for hours on end. I literally use the same one or two guns per class anyway.
  • r0nin_Ts
    edited April 2017
    *Deleted*
  • Loqtrall
    12032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016

Play the ****ing game?

YEAH ID LOVE TO IF THERE WAS MORE **** IN IT YOU FILTHY PLEB. Bf 3, Bf 4, all the OG cods, all of them had lots of customization, modes, and weapons which made it playable for days upon months upon years, but thanks for the advice, because being level 89 and unlocking everything isn't "playing the **** game".

Yeah, and the REAL OG CoD, OG Halo, OG BFs, MoH, DOOM, Quake, UT - all the original great shooters - they all had little customization and very few, if any, unlocks, you ****ing pleb.

BF2 had MAYBE two or three unlocks per class, and it's still revered as one of the best BF games of all time.

You're talking CoD when it barely had unlocks until CoD 4, and BF when there was NO weapon or player customization til the BC2-BF3 era.

You know what people did back then to enjoy a game? THEY ****ING PLAYED THE GAME.

What you're essentially implying is that the unlocks and custimitation MAKES the game good, and that the gameplay, otherwise known as 99% of what makes up the game, isn't worth experiencing if there's nothing to unlock or customize.

What happened to the purpose of games bwing to play said game instead of trying to unlock as many things as possible.

Unlocks and customization are meant to be side-features of the game, not the focus of the game itself. The ranking system is literally a pointless feature that means and amounts to NOTHING and that always has amounted to nothing in BF games.

Battlefield 1 is meant to be played for its gameplay. It has a type of combined-arms gameplay rarely seen in other franchises.

It's not a game played to focus on unlocks or entirely, utterly POINTLESS customization.

It baffles me how anybody can say a game is boring if there's nothing to unlock or rank up

That means you were playing the game SOLELY for the unlocks and ranks, which is ****ing stupid.
  • TEKNOCODE
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Or maybe they want to have more content than few similiar guns for each class and standard uniforms? Attachment system? Long barrel, short barrel, scopes, bayonet optional (affecting ads accuracy due to weight), diffrent ammunition or improvements... Content which they can unlock by playing as it feels more fair and rewarding that random lottery system which is granting for those unlucky the same garbage over and over again? Officer clothes? Trench uniform? Africa corps? Are you guys really that blind to see that this game is lacking of content? I mean I love BF1, but let's be impartial on this one.

I'm not blind, but I have never judged FPS' content by the number of attachments or skins. BF1 and R6S keep me entertained for hours on end. I literally use the same one or two guns per class anyway.

Okay, BF5 will have a one standard weapon & gadget for each class to satisfy our cusomters ;)

That works for me!
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Go get a service star with every primary weapon in the game.

That's what I've been doing.

Did all the assault, medic, and support guns.

Now only have 2 scout rifles left.

Very satisfying and interesting to play with a load of different weapons in this game.
  • r0nin_Ts
    edited April 2017
    *Deleted*
  • GerocK-
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, and the REAL OG CoD, OG Halo, OG BFs, MoH, DOOM, Quake, UT - all the original great shooters - they all had little customization and very few, if any, unlocks, you ****ing pleb.

BF2 had MAYBE two or three unlocks per class, and it's still revered as one of the best BF games of all time.

You're talking CoD when it barely had unlocks until CoD 4, and BF when there was NO weapon or player customization til the BC2-BF3 era.

You know what people did back then to enjoy a game? THEY ****ING PLAYED THE GAME.

Actualy you had hundreds of skins to customise your soldier in Quake and HL, MOH & Doom were single player oriented, I haven't played HALO and UT, but if i recall the first one is also single player oriented and second one is comming with hundred of mods allowing you to customise soldier skins, weapons and maps. I'm not saying that this is the most important stuff in the game, but for sure it's extending the interest in the game for some people. Why you judge them? You are saying "I don't care, I play the f... game" - so what' would happend if DICE would brought back better unlock system and add more customisations? You could still "play the f... game" while other people would be happy? So from where your rage is comming, I mean if you really don't care then why not make the others happy?

MoH: Allied Assault & Spearhead and Call of Duty 1 through 4 were multiplayer giants. They dominated the competitive scene for more than 10 years. They didn't have any customization (except for Call of Duty 4 without ProMod). Those games lasted as long as they did because people got competitive, started clans and participated in leagues and tournaments. Adding more skins or unlocks isn't going to make a game less boring, it only serves as an incentive to keep playing. People who are bored with BF1 now, will probably play again when the DLC releases, because it comes with new weapons. But after they have unlocked these new weapons, they'll be just as bored as they are now. The basic gameplay is where you need to find your joy.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    The basic gameplay is where you need to find your joy

this