This Week in Battlefield V

Crossfire not working after latest patch

SiestaBean
38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
With crossfire enabled under dx11 and Fxaa with dual fury x, there are missing letters in the menus and flickering in game. It has gotten worse with new patch, however it wasn't working well before this either.

Comments

• ssafaCUDGEdaveUK
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, SLI not working either,I had to disable it.
  • Knex4
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    7970 xfire, same problem with missing letters in the menu ui. Funny, I had some weird shadow & texture flickering, mostly inside buildings, before. Since patch I haven't seen that, but the UI issue is huge and my fps has dropped significantly since the new patch
  • nero20007
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Having the same issue, crossfire completely broken since patch. Letters all over of place and performance down almost 40 percent, not cool. Running r9 390x's/4790k.
  • Knex4
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    In my process of troubleshooting I discovered the DX12 + MSI Rivatuner bug, there's another thread for that. That's beside the point. In my experience xfire support has been shoddy since launch and patch has made it worse.
  • Scrubuffleupagus
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Knex4 wrote: »
    7970 xfire, same problem with missing letters in the menu ui. Funny, I had some weird shadow & texture flickering, mostly inside buildings, before. Since patch I haven't seen that, but the UI issue is huge and my fps has dropped significantly since the new patch

Same here. 7970ghz crossfire still going strong but these flashing textures and missing text.

Its amazing how long these cards lasted. Back in the day when they were the competition for the GTX 680 they said you would never need 3GB of VRAM before the cards were obsolete. Where are the 2GB GTX 680 users now? LOL
  • MrDeltoric
    2 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have a r9 390 sli currently in my rig with direct x 11 running and I thought it was a corrupt download that was causing the issue. My PC has been buggy recently and I had to restart the computer during download so I have been validating the hell out of the game files to find any errors or missing files in the download for the game. Im glad to see im not the only one with this issue. It sucks because I planned on recording footage soon but on ultra 1080p im getting 25fps which is unacceptable for 16gbs of gddr5 vram. I hope there is a fix for the missing letters, flashing menu and ingame shadows, and the performance decrease. If anyone has any news or fixes I would greatly appreciate an update!
  • Nostrildumbass
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes what the hell DICE... I finally had my crossfire working REALLY well with the cfg workaround and now that's over with. I get missing letters on the UI, flickering text, flickering textures, and colorful purple/green mud/water puddles (even on the gun models).
  • SiestaBean
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yes what the hell DICE... I finally had my crossfire working REALLY well with the cfg workaround and now that's over with. I get missing letters on the UI, flickering text, flickering textures, and colorful purple/green mud/water puddles (even on the gun models).
    What was the cfg workaround you had?
  • MrDeltoric
    2 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FIX: Currently I fixed the issue by making DX12 run for the game. Its a simple option in the game settings and so far it seems that all my performance and visuals have returned to normal. Ive heard this only works for AMD gpu's but I have not tested it on my nvidia rig yet.
  • Knex4
    Per latest 16.11.5 AMD drivers:
    Fixed Issues
    Battlefield™1 flickering may be experienced while using AMD CrossFire technology mode.

Haven't tested this yet but I'm hopeful
  • TacoBellsGravy
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just tried 16.11.5 with mixed results. i5 2500k @ 4.5 280x crossfire 16 GB

Game launched with vsync for some reason, the menu items were displayed as expected
    Once in game I did not notice any negative scaling and decided to investigate and unlocked my frame rate from 60 fps via console. This is when I noticed vsync was on because it stayed at 60. Played for a little bit like this and fps was solid where as before it would go up and down like a **** drawers. Decided to turn off vsync and enjoyed positive scaling at 100+ fps until i decided to check advanced settings seeing as vsync had changed on its own. At this point the menu text was displayed all whack as before and when entering the game again the fps was not as steady and was even dipping to the 40's. I also noticed the low fps Icon appearing when my frames were well above the 60 hz.
  • Knex4
    I finally got around to playing on 16.11.5. I'm super disappointed. The missing UI elements is not as frequent but it still happens. The texture flickering seems to be mostly gone but my performance has TANKED. Before I was getting a solid 60-80 fps on ultra, and now on ultra I'm lucky to hit 60fps when not much is going on, it's in the 40-50 fps range with many dips below that. If I lower it to high performance is still shoddy, it isn't until I put it on medium that it runs like it did on launch.
  • SiestaBean
    6600k oc with 2 fury. Negative scaling in 16.11.5, no flickering.
  • Sinistercr0c
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    +1

Negative scaling in 16.11.5 but no flickering.

Letters missing from UI.
  • JeffroKill
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    That update didn't fix mine at all. Still flickering, still missing letters on the menu screens. Mine runs better in DX12 on a single card than it does in DX11 Crossfire.

This is my first experience with crossfire, and it makes me want to go buy a GTX1080.

i7-5820K @4.5GHz
    Asus X99 Gaming motherboard
    32GB EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200
    2 Asus Strix RX 480 OC 8GB @1380MHz CrossfireX
    Etc etc

It's not my hardware
  • bigdickmonkey86
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same problem here with 2-way crossfire 290s
  • Scrubuffleupagus
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    same problem here with 2-way crossfire 290s

that name though..... please search the forum. You need to download the latest drivers and ensure you are running Direct X 11.
  • SiestaBean
    Seems this thread is still alive so here it goes. What solved most of my problems was upgrading from a 6600k to 6700k. The system requirements are no joke. There are still hitches here and there but at 3440x1440 all ultra (except medium post process, high fxaa) the game is smooth 70-96 fps
    res scale 110%
    capped at 96 through config
    renderdevice.renderaheadlimit 2
    Frame pacing and shader cache on (have seen better and worse performance changing these settings)
    Battlefield 1 profile in crimson
    Turning off taa gives biggest fps bump (as with all crossfire setups)
    I also reinstalled windows 10 and cut out a lot of background processing

My crossfire fury x + fury was bottlenecked by a 4.8ghz 6600k.

• KyleTheJobber
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I7 5820k CF Fury's x no flickering but I am getting alright scaling I'm also running the newest drivers relive I hope AMD comes out with a CF profile for bf1
  • NoblexXxMan
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm running a 6600k at 4.4ghz with 2 fury x crossfire
    at 1440p with low settings for the most part, i get around 90-100 fps in crossfire
    in single card setup i get 125-135 fps avg
    no flickering that i remember, i mostly run single card now and test whenever there's a new patch.