DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• TheRustyTigger
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    after a few days playing with the r9 380 the rollback worked with no device removed errors for me. So for AMD users that seems to be an option. Hopefully addressed in next amd update
  • xXFOCALXx
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    some have said going back to the previous crimson driver is a better option

which driver are you on?

16.12.2 came out days ago I think.
  • xXFOCALXx
    after a few days playing with the r9 380 the rollback worked with no device removed errors for me. So for AMD users that seems to be an option. Hopefully addressed in next amd update

Rollback? Is this something I can do now? Or are you saying I should wait for an update?
  • Exploding_Acorn
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have tried the hotfix drivers and all the other fixes. Still crashing after 2-3 matches with my 770. At this point this game is going to get put right next to Far Cry 4, which had a **** black flashing screen issue that affected 770s. DICE is going right next to Ubisoft in my book at this point. Haven't touched anything Ubisoft after the AC Unity / the free Far Cry 4 they gave me since AC Unity was so poorly launched.
  • lowBOT
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    is this a joke??? games been out for so long & it's still literally UNPLAYABLE! this crash problem & poor performance is really sad... seems like ea or dice doesn't even care anymore at this point. another batman arkham knight.
  • NoKarmaLoss
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GTX 680 with 376.48 drivers, made it through a full round of rush (attack and defend) on Giant's Shadow, crashed on the first set of points on Monte Grappa in operations.

Seemed like I went a lot longer than usual without a crash, but the issue is still there.
  • TheANGRIERonE
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    VegiUK wrote: »
    VegiUK wrote: »
    Welp. I've just bought a RX 480. Not going nvidia after this blunder and if its a tactic to get people to upgrade I'm definitely not going their way.

Let me know how you like it. I have an XFX 8gb one here I picked up last week, but haven't been home to install it yet.

Will do. That's what I just bought, was tempted by the Sapphire one but I heard its a bit noisy and I hate any sort of noise. Seems like a good choice, comes on the 28th! :)

Well, I finally got back home. Card is a monster. Auto settings has everything on "ultra" at 1080p/60Hz, res scale at like 130. Auto settings for my SLI 680s was "medium".

No crashes on Operations with Ballroom Blitz so far.
    Post edited by TheANGRIERonE on
  • Neo_Bahamut_19
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Oh, by golly me, it's been what? 2 months? And this is still broken? I have practically forgotten the game until I logged back in after a month to find out that A: DX12 (the non-crash mode for me) still runs like **** and B: my campaign skin unlock has not been granted yet (AFTER A MONTH) despite me having completed all the requirements. A big round of applause for the dev team that has managed to turn out another game on the same engine with the same EXACT issues as the previous game (both the crashing and the whole not awarding unlocks glitch).
  • SnugglesIV
    283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    hchief996 wrote: »
    SnugglesIV wrote: »
    hchief996 wrote: »
    So after getting so many crashes with Battlefield 1, I took my computer threw alcohol on it, lit it on fire, shoved a metal rod up its power supply then threw it in the trash. After I calmed down, I went to the trash can, I cleaned it up, went to Fry's bought an Asus 1080 (as a Christmas gift for myself), installed it into my computer and tada, no more crashes anymore.

Originally I had a Nvidia 690.

I guess if you are in the market for a new graphics card, get yourself a new one, otherwise you are up the creek until DICE and Nvidia get home from Christmas to work on these issues.

Merry Christmas y'all and Happy Holidays!!!

@hchief996

What is your CPU right now? I was thinking of getting the ASUS 1070 Turbo 8GB as well. When/if I do I will report back to see if things have been fixed; if there are any issues that persist on my system afterwards then we'll know that it isn't just a hardware thing for certain.

@SnugglesIV

My CPU is a Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3.30 Ghz (12 CPUs). I heard from one of the guys I talked to at Fry's you can possibly get two 1070s and that would be much powerful than a 1080 (or at least equivalent) if you want to SLI. Possibly a better value, keep that in mind

I live in Australia and the ASUS Geforce Dual OC 8gb is $599 (which is the card I ended up getting and will be putting it in on Thursday). I don't think two 1070s SLI would be helpful for me (not to mention that SLI isn't really supported in BF1 and I don't know how many games that support it or even need it).
  • chaosthenerd
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i can recommend following:

(refer to http://mixrockmetal.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=292 [german])

1.) DDU old drivers
    prevent automatic driver (geforce gtx770 2gb in my case) by windows10
    -> https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/wie-kann-ich-die-automatische-treiberinstallation/7c1e1501-0798-46b5-a15b-9840c5bcda13
    -> http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

2.) Install following driver: Version 337.88

3.) Disable in Windows "Peak" in Settings

4.) Go to C:\windows\system32\ search for "nvapi.dll" and rename that file to for example "nvapi.Old"

5.) Set in NVIDIA Settingsapp "Physx" to "CPU"
    (the settings manager by nvidia crashes next time you reboot, but the physx setting should be saved)

Ingame:

Enabled vsync
    Grafix to custom (mesh to ultra, rest on low)

my speccs: i5 4678k / 8GB ram / SSD / Geforce GTX 770 (2GB) / Windows 10 x64 Pro

its not optimal, but it works mostly. Didnt get any of these famous DirectX Errors anymore. Sometimes - especially on Grappa - it kicks me out of game telling me i have to go online in Origin (3 of 10 cases this happens)

still most efficient work-around
  • SnugglesIV
    283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    i can recommend following:

(refer to http://mixrockmetal.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=292 [german])

1.) DDU old drivers
    prevent automatic driver (geforce gtx770 2gb in my case) by windows10
    -> https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/wie-kann-ich-die-automatische-treiberinstallation/7c1e1501-0798-46b5-a15b-9840c5bcda13
    -> http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

2.) Install following driver: Version 337.88

3.) Disable in Windows "Peak" in Settings

4.) Go to C:\windows\system32\ search for "nvapi.dll" and rename that file to for example "nvapi.Old"

5.) Set in NVIDIA Settingsapp "Physx" to "CPU"
    (the settings manager by nvidia crashes next time you reboot, but the physx setting should be saved)

Ingame:

Enabled vsync
    Grafix to custom (mesh to ultra, rest on low)

my speccs: i5 4678k / 8GB ram / SSD / Geforce GTX 770 (2GB) / Windows 10 x64 Pro

its not optimal, but it works mostly. Didnt get any of these famous DirectX Errors anymore. Sometimes - especially on Grappa - it kicks me out of game telling me i have to go online in Origin (3 of 10 cases this happens)

still most efficient work-around

If you only want to play BF1, then yes. However many of us would like to play other games as well and don't want to have to upgrade drivers just to play them, and then roll them back again to play BF1.
  • TerrifyingTacoz
    Still having these problems and its now December.

With a 471 page threadnaught this is pretty terrible post-launch support of this game by Dice/EA I have to say.
  • Punkeator
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I can get about 2-3 games if i have everything on medium settings with gtx 680 i7 2600k its theonly way to make it kinda playable still a joke EA/Dice havent sorted this.
  • RUGISSANTE
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi all. Game does not start.
    261131erreurbattlefield1.jpg
    Running Windows 7 pro 64 16gb ram GTX 760 no way to make it start !
  • VegiUK
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, I finally got back home. Card is a monster. Auto settings has everything on "ultra" at 1080p/60Hz, res scale at like 130. Auto settings for my SLI 680s was "medium".

No crashes on Operations with Ballroom Blitz so far.

Very positive stuff. Waiting for mine is killing me! What sort of frame rates?
  • StrikeTheBl00d
    45 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RUGISSANTE wrote: »
    Hi all. Game does not start.
    261131erreurbattlefield1.jpg
    Running Windows 7 pro 64 16gb ram GTX 760 no way to make it start !

I dont speak france but you should upgrade your driver.. or just rename the dll nvapi in nvapi_old in the directory windows/system32
  • Col_Carrillo
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NVIDIA and DICE,

It is a fact that this problem has been unresolved for too long. Please, for the love of the gaming community, consider those who cannot upgrage GPUs just yet. Its so frustrating to have a score of 997 then crash all of a sudden.
  • Qc_PoinTDexteR
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    im still playing with my 770 win 7 i5 and new driver

i did have a crash but the game only stopped no direct x crash

and get a random fps drop but its really random

and its after 6hr of playing i get a solid 60fps

i5 4670
    16ram make sure your are in dual
    gtx770 overclocked (dont know if it change something)
    latest nvidia driver 375.63 i think
    display set to single display
    power management et to prefer maximum performance
    physic set to cpu
    unparked my cpu
    all driver up to date
    installed the nvidia driver only no nvidia exprience and sound
    dx12 off
    realtek sound driver up to date
    graphic set to medium
    vsync off
    blur to 0%
    antialising off
    ambiant oclusion off
    ads field off view off
    frame rate set to 60fps
  • AwDubStep
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone with an AMD GPU, please reply what vers of the driver are you using that is working for you... literally tried 5 different versions, older and newer!

Thanks in advance! :D
  • yaksauce123
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    **** you EA. Im NEVER buying any game you make again. I have not played in over a month because of this problem and i see there still is no fix. Thanks for making me waste 60 bucks. Ea's net worth is 3bil yet they cant make a to game run correctly. **** pathetic.