can we have a system that encourages players not to rage quit?

Comments

• snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    If I want to quit a game (that has no skill-based matchmaking or skill-based team balancing) early, then I should be able to without penalty.

thats the thing. it does have a skill based team balancer.
  • snakeheadinvade
    En1gmuh wrote: »
    This is not fun. This is not cheating. This is not fair. This should never be in any game.

no its not cheating. but who would quit 3 times in a row in lets change it to 30 minutes. unless they are absoloutely mad af
  • Loqtrall
    12428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've quit several games in a row just because the lag was unbearable - or because two games i joined in a row my team was getting steamrolled by a stacked clan team and I couldn't switch. There are too many reasons to quit OTHER than "rage" to punish people just for not wanting to play a game.
    -
    it would be different if it were a game like Overwatch, which does have an early quitting penalty, if the games only last like 5 minutes, but there are BF matches that go on for 20-30+ minutes. If I'm in a match that's laggy or stacked, I can handle it for 5 minutes, not 30.
  • jelliedsoup
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't mind being beaten fairly, lag is just frustrating.
  • MLDBubbles2143
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The dangers of the casual rage quitting player base that DICE is so desperately trying to cater for....
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Instead of showing quit % they can show WTJ % :D

• Not_Paul_Blart
    809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was thinking maybe take away any points or unlocks he got in the game that he never finished. maybe a time out for quitting games 3 times with in an hour or so.
    what would not reward players that rage quit?

This is a terrible idea. Make a game that you pay a considerable amount of money for impossible to play if you decide to quit a match or have connection issues too many times in a row? Are you serious? LOL.
  • Magic_Pepee
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

This is a terrible idea. Make a game that you pay a considerable amount of money for impossible to play if you decide to quit a match or have connection issues too many times in a row? Are you serious? LOL.

+1.
    what kind of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wants to pay for a game and then let the game control when you can and not play?
  • snakeheadinvade
    insread of being close minded guys maybe should realize that most fps games have a system that removes points from people who quit. or puts them in time out.
  • LlamaWithKatana
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I want to quit a game (that has no skill-based matchmaking or skill-based team balancing) early, then I should be able to without penalty.

LOL! Battlefront have it too. And it's a total garbage! I praise all gods I know when I enter the game and not see "your team lost" right after I spawned or loose in a 15 secs. Team balance is a good thing on paper. But it still not working well.

Don't like this idea. It will be better if someone just quit instead of waiting for idle kick. Maybe instead of him/her enter a person who will stay and help team.
    Let people play in the way that they want to play.
  • Hessuniemii
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016

This!
    --
    I don't sometimes just simply have time to play all the way to the end of the round
    --
    Getting a punishment for leaving is acceptable only for competitive games where as Mang said have Skill-based matchmaking
  • Turban_Legend80
    4745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I wouldnt be opposed to that lovely voice over lady saying "only quitters quit, go take objective Apples instead" every time your team went behind.
  • Scumbag_of_Space
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I tend to quit for reasons like lag, half the enemy team are snipers, a severe imbalance or simple boredom. I doubt I'd quit three or more games in an hour but I like having options.

People who get kicked for being idle should be punished though. Occupying a space in the game and not using it isn't cool.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I tend to quit for reasons like lag, half the enemy team are snipers, a severe imbalance or simple boredom. I doubt I'd quit three or more games in an hour but I like having options.

People who get kicked for being idle should be punished though. Occupying a space in the game and not using it isn't cool.

Maybe that idle player is only idle because he had to do something but didnt want to quit because "quitting is bad".
  • snakeheadinvade

LOL! Battlefront have it too. And it's a total garbage! I praise all gods I know when I enter the game and not see "your team lost" right after I spawned or loose in a 15 secs. Team balance is a good thing on paper. But it still not working well.

Don't like this idea. It will be better if someone just quit instead of waiting for idle kick. Maybe instead of him/her enter a person who will stay and help team.

idle kicks would equal loss of points.
  • LlamaWithKatana
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

idle kicks would equal loss of points.

So why I and my team should be punished for some ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who quits or waits for idle kick? For me it's better if he/she just quit and free slot for another player.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    If BF1 matches last for 5 minutes or less, then I'd be OK with a early quitter penalty.
    But as the matches currently last for much longer than that, my answer is NO to an early quitter penalty.
  • pinchylillobster
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Considering the length of a match and the amount of players, I don't see the purpose in issuing a penalty for leaving. Losing a player in Battlefield for a few minutes is not a huge hinderance compared to losing a player in CS:GO, CoD or Overwatch where the players per round is much lower.
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Considering the length of a match and the amount of players, I don't see the purpose in issuing a penalty for leaving. Losing a player in Battlefield for a few minutes is not a huge hinderance compared to losing a player in CS:GO, CoD or Overwatch where the players per round is much lower.
    Isnt a big deal in CoD neither since most players just give away killstreaks to the enemy team.
  • Loqtrall
    12428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If BF1 matches last for 5 minutes or less, then I'd be OK with a early quitter penalty.
    But as the matches currently last for much longer than that, my answer is NO to an early quitter penalty.

^^^^

That. Sometimes I have *** to do in the middle of playing and am literally forced to quit (it happens quite often actually, my family comes over all the time, and I constantly watch my niece for my sister)
    -
    This also causes me to go idle a lot, and get kicked from plenty of matches - which means I oppose the loss of points for idle kicks as well. If I actually had the time to finish the games I otherwise quit, my quit percentage in BF4 would be infinitesimal, but unfortunately, I have quite the active life outside of a video game, and I shouldn't be punished in the video game for it.