Weekly Debrief

Why people are quitting bf1 pc already..

iiBiizzaa
273 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited February 2017
Second edit
Yup makes you wonder why the population is going down steadily? Jokes
We pay for the game to play fair and there anti cheat is a joke and we have to play with the odds agsaint us.

18.5k views in a cheating thread and nothing from dice.
Direct x thread nearly 1m views nothing from dice.

And the pc population is saturated with cheaters, along with constant fps drops, lag, errors and crashes.

And then there's the cheaters with no aim not who still have a advantage (no fog, view all players etc) which will never be picked up.

It's 2017, it's a AAA game, they charge £40 a copy
And yet the experience is shocking, yes dice lets all play some more when the cheating is rampant? NOT.

Original post

It's simply a unfinished game on pc, or that's how it feels..I do love the game and the gameplay for me is great but all of the issues with the fps drops, lag and the graphics issues are a real chore, you pay for a car you get a car with 4 wheels not one with 3 and no steering wheel!

I get they had the budgets cut and for me and a lot of other it feels ea are leaning towards console as of now, the monthly updates are a joke just because they like to keep pc and the other consoles all in sync etc but they can hotfix pc issues but they choose not too? Doesn't make sense! The issues with direct x too don't really make sense, as other games are fine and it's only battlefield!

It's a great game, just unfinished! And also with the naive people saying they have no bugs or whatever you are blind! We as customers shouldn't have to upgrade our rigs when we get errors, massive fps lags and cpu issues. The server browser is broken and hardcore isn't even hardcore.

Oh and the cheaters, yeha there rampant. Flying around the map, invincible players..wall hacking which doesn't get picked up. Fairfight is a joke on pc at the moment. If a player can spawn with a tank hunter class, fly etc and not be picked up in a 60min game of operations it's nothing short of a joke.

Post edited by iiBiizzaa on

Comments

• Denisa_Rowen
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i have good fps and i am ok with game optimisation
    BUT THIS GAME IS UNBALANCED
    OP TANKS AND AEROPLANES
    OP LEVEL 10 WEAPONS
    WTF IS THIS ****?
  • iiBiizzaa
    Fl3abag wrote: »
    TBH since Dec patch, I spend more time tinkering trying to get a steady FPS. Thing is it played really great in Beta.
    Yup see this is what is putting me of big time it shouldn't be the case, not with such a big title!
  • Denisa_Rowen
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Foodie88 wrote: »
    OP TANKS AND AEROPLANES
    OP LEVEL 10 WEAPONS
    WTF IS THIS ****?

OP level 10 weapons? Christ.

Oh.. I see it already, you're level 11 and haven't unlocked a single one of them yet.
    The only one slightly worth using is the Hellriegel and even then, that one is outclassed by the Automatico in most situations. The other three are total crap.

Ok, then help me chose a weapion f f s
    I am getting destroy? Every game i am 100 spm and a k/d of 0,7
    I even went 2 kills ( by mistake , with a nade) and 19 deaths....
    I lsoe every GUN ON GUN, and i use cei rigotti but i lose?
    So what am i suposed to say? I dont brag i am good , i know im not good....but THE STARTER WEAPONS DONT HELP ME EITHER
    This is why i say maybe i quit ( because of frustration)
    I play to have fun not to spaawn - get killd in seconds, rinse and repeat
    AND MY GAME RUNS FINE BTW, problem is WEAPONRY

I AM NOW MEDIC LEVLE 3

SHUD I GO ASAULT MAYBE ?

• Foodie88
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Foodie88 wrote: »
    OP TANKS AND AEROPLANES
    OP LEVEL 10 WEAPONS
    WTF IS THIS ****?

OP level 10 weapons? Christ.

Oh.. I see it already, you're level 11 and haven't unlocked a single one of them yet.
    The only one slightly worth using is the Hellriegel and even then, that one is outclassed by the Automatico in most situations. The other three are total crap.

Ok, then help me chose a weapion f f s
    I am getting destroy? Every game i am 100 spm and a k/d of 0,7
    I even went 2 kills ( by mistake , with a nade) and 19 deaths....
    I lsoe every GUN ON GUN, and i use cei rigotti but i lose?
    So what am i suposed to say? I dont brag i am good , i know im not good....but THE STARTER WEAPONS DONT HELP ME EITHER
    This is why i say maybe i quit ( because of frustration)
    I play to have fun not to spaawn - get killd in seconds, rinse and repeat
    AND MY GAME RUNS FINE BTW, problem is WEAPONRY

I AM NOW MEDIC LEVLE 3

SHUD I GO ASAULT MAYBE ?

It depends, man. Many starter guns are quite OK and even then, getting to level 3 for each class doesn't take long and by then you have unlocked all the interesting weapons.

If you like playing medic, and you always find yourself close to the enemy and lose then there's three options:

1) If you want to stay medic, use a CQB weapon like the M1907 Sweeper or Autoloading .25
    2) Get further away, up to like 50 meters because that's where the medic is supposed to be
    3) Switch to assault if you like running and gunning

Best medic weapons in my opinion are the Selbstlader M1906 (choose the variant you prefer, all are good) and the Mondragon Storm.
  • iiBiizzaa
    This is indeed an unfinished game.

It feels that way because that's exactly how it is. PC communities have no chance to thrive under these conditions.

- Start with an expensive RSP that is somehow lacking in the most basic of options and admin abilities.
    - Then take a Server Browser that is broken and doesn't really show Rented Servers, has no option to filter only Renter Servers, and has awful default filters which require the player to annoyingly attempt to match to those of the Rented Servers...
    - Combine that with the fact that many PC players are still constantly crashing, having unexplained FPS drops, and other in-game issues.
    - Hardcore is dead because DICE thinks 125% damage is Hardcore.
    - Custom Servers still set to 200% can't be found unless the player sets filter 200%, blank all others.
    - Still no Custom Games tab for SIR servers.
    - I can go on...

Given all this, I know this why I'm personally not playing - why I'm just not feeling this game at all. I just bought a bunch of great games on Steam. 8 games for less than I spent on BF1. I won't be playing BF1 for a while.

DICE has confirmed that changes are coming to RSP and how the browser treats those servers...but time will tell. And I also don't think they intend to have it ready for the next patch. I don't think there's an ETA on that stuff as of yet.

It's unfortunate that DICE (or more specifically, EA) think it's ok to develop games this way...Changes need to come faster than EA is allowing for right now. Monthly patches don't do it. Especially in a PC landscape where games are patched daily by some devs if needed.

Seems to me they simply don't care as long as they still sell copies and DLC. The experience is absolutely secondary to them. I've lost a lot of respect for DICE.

Yes it's very sad they develop a game this way, and with the stuff with the filters for the server browser and such I'm no coder but for these guys should it be really that hard?

The thing which must be worrying for the population and the life of this game is, by the time dice fix everything 75% of us will not play it again because of the way it is when we last played. And that's even if they fix anything, slow progress isn't good for a new game which was hyped.
  • SkilletBurn
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a great game for the most part. Get Gud!
  • AldermachXI
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    iiBiizzaa wrote: »
    This is indeed an unfinished game.

It feels that way because that's exactly how it is. PC communities have no chance to thrive under these conditions.

- Start with an expensive RSP that is somehow lacking in the most basic of options and admin abilities.
    - Then take a Server Browser that is broken and doesn't really show Rented Servers, has no option to filter only Renter Servers, and has awful default filters which require the player to annoyingly attempt to match to those of the Rented Servers...
    - Combine that with the fact that many PC players are still constantly crashing, having unexplained FPS drops, and other in-game issues.
    - Hardcore is dead because DICE thinks 125% damage is Hardcore.
    - Custom Servers still set to 200% can't be found unless the player sets filter 200%, blank all others.
    - Still no Custom Games tab for SIR servers.
    - I can go on...

Given all this, I know this why I'm personally not playing - why I'm just not feeling this game at all. I just bought a bunch of great games on Steam. 8 games for less than I spent on BF1. I won't be playing BF1 for a while.

DICE has confirmed that changes are coming to RSP and how the browser treats those servers...but time will tell. And I also don't think they intend to have it ready for the next patch. I don't think there's an ETA on that stuff as of yet.

It's unfortunate that DICE (or more specifically, EA) think it's ok to develop games this way...Changes need to come faster than EA is allowing for right now. Monthly patches don't do it. Especially in a PC landscape where games are patched daily by some devs if needed.

Seems to me they simply don't care as long as they still sell copies and DLC. The experience is absolutely secondary to them. I've lost a lot of respect for DICE.

Yes it's very sad they develop a game this way, and with the stuff with the filters for the server browser and such I'm no coder but for these guys should it be really that hard?

The thing which must be worrying for the population and the life of this game is, by the time dice fix everything 75% of us will not play it again because of the way it is when we last played. And that's even if they fix anything, slow progress isn't good for a new game which was hyped.

I'm not so sure about that part...It seems a lot of people come back to Battlefield games. Usually around the DLC launches. BF4 was an absolute dumpster fire for most of its lifespan, but people eventually started playing it fairly steadily. But I know every time I went back to it, it was for a round or two and I'd quickly be reminded of why I hate BF4.

I like / love a lot of the gameplay in BF1. The vehicles are great. I love the balance between classes. The rock paper scissors game is all there. Whether or not the community treats it that way is another thing entirely...But the balance is indeed there.

DICE just shot themselves in the foot on PC when it comes to Rental Servers, Admin ability, and overall support. If this game was supported anywhere close to games like Rainbow Six Siege (They've released patches a week apart. They do hotfixes.), it would be in decent shape. But this insistence on patching all platforms together forces them into monthly patches, and it's not enough.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Last I checked the PC population was solid! Whats up with the click bait doom and gloom title OP?
  • AldermachXI
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Blood_Wh1p wrote: »
    Last I checked the PC population was solid! Whats up with the click bait doom and gloom title OP?

Each console has more than double the PC population.

This is why patches are released for all platforms at once. This is why the directX crash hasn't been fixed (consoles don't get it).

PC numbers aren't bad. Just certainly not a priority. Basically the game could be DEAD on PC, and it really wouldn't matter to DICE / EA. It really wouldn't. They'd cut their loss and move on. I can't blame them, either. Consoles don't really require anti-cheat.
  • Soulbreeze
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game itself seems fine to me. The biggest gripe I have is with the little things surrounding the game. The horrid RSP program, crappy server browser in general, lack of Clan tags/groups, the group spawning for vehicles, not being able to unlock vehicle loadouts unless you're in the spawn for a vehicle. All the little things that have worked fine in previous games they have managed to really mess up. The actual gameplay when you're in a map and running around, I think, is pretty good.
  • AldermachXI
    Soulbreeze wrote: »
    The game itself seems fine to me. The biggest gripe I have is with the little things surrounding the game. The horrid RSP program, crappy server browser in general, lack of Clan tags/groups, the group spawning for vehicles, not being able to unlock vehicle loadouts unless you're in the spawn for a vehicle. All the little things that have worked fine in previous games they have managed to really mess up. The actual gameplay when you're in a map and running around, I think, is pretty good.

100%

Problem is that those gripes are pretty crippling to the PC community, and they're showing no urgency in getting it fixed. Another month of this isn't gonna work.
  • Gorcoo
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've stopped playing until they fix this **** fps and actually optimise the game.
  • iiBiizzaa
    Soulbreeze wrote: »

100%

Problem is that those gripes are pretty crippling to the PC community, and they're showing no urgency in getting it fixed. Another month of this isn't gonna work.
    Wise words my friend.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    I was doing some research for another thread and based on bf4stats.com and battlefieldtracker.com more people are playing BF1 on PC today than any given time on BF4 over its lifespan.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population?days=-1

Currently online players (BF1)

PC: 65,939 (24h peak: 69,924)
    Post edited by theONEFORCE on