Why did I get a PS4 beta code?

Twicelikey19
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I'm not sure where to ask this. But I checked my email and was excited to see I got a beta invite..just to see it says PS4. When I applied for the beta, I specially said PC. Is there any way I can get the code for the correct platform or am I just stuck with a beta code that I can't even use?

Comments

  • veer550
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    SNSDGEE9 wrote: »
    I'm not sure where to ask this. But I checked my email and was excited to see I got a beta invite..just to see it says PS4. When I applied for the beta, I specially said PC. Is there any way I can get the code for the correct platform or am I just stuck with a beta code that I can't even use?
    I've got the a problem as well applied for an Xbox one code got a pic one, from who I've spoke to and what I've read there is no way of changing, but I'm not certain on that
  • Twicelikey19
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    veer550 wrote: »
    SNSDGEE9 wrote: »
    I'm not sure where to ask this. But I checked my email and was excited to see I got a beta invite..just to see it says PS4. When I applied for the beta, I specially said PC. Is there any way I can get the code for the correct platform or am I just stuck with a beta code that I can't even use?
    I've got the a problem as well applied for an Xbox one code got a pic one, from who I've spoke to and what I've read there is no way of changing, but I'm not certain on that

    Well that sucks, looks like we got screwed.
  • GREASER1982
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    LMAO! I got mine, :smiley:
  • Twicelikey19
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really don't see the humor in being screwed over.
  • veer550
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I don't see it either
  • veer550
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    SNSDGEE9 wrote: »
    I really don't see the humor in being screwed over.
    What you can try to do Is post on the forms and see if anyone has a pc code but needs a ps4 code and possibly swap that may or may not work
  • Twicelikey19
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    veer550 wrote: »
    SNSDGEE9 wrote: »
    I really don't see the humor in being screwed over.
    What you can try to do Is post on the forms and see if anyone has a pc code but needs a ps4 code and possibly swap that may or may not work

    I read that the code is specifically meant for our accounts, oh well though.
  • Maulzy
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I have the same issue.

    Is the code for our EA accounts? Because when I click redeem in the email it brings me to a Sony Playstation sign-in which I have never created....
  • Twicelikey19
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maulzy wrote: »
    I have the same issue.

    Is the code for our EA accounts? Because when I click redeem in the email it brings me to a Sony Playstation sign-in which I have never created....

    Highly unlikely since it says it's the unique code for the PS4.
  • Maulzy
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    SNSDGEE9 wrote: »
    Maulzy wrote: »
    I have the same issue.

    Is the code for our EA accounts? Because when I click redeem in the email it brings me to a Sony Playstation sign-in which I have never created....

    Highly unlikely since it says it's the unique code for the PS4.

    Okay, well I'm just saying it can't be tied to anything on my end since I don't own a PS4 or have a PSN account.
  • Twicelikey19
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maulzy wrote: »
    SNSDGEE9 wrote: »
    Maulzy wrote: »
    I have the same issue.

    Is the code for our EA accounts? Because when I click redeem in the email it brings me to a Sony Playstation sign-in which I have never created....

    Highly unlikely since it says it's the unique code for the PS4.

    Okay, well I'm just saying it can't be tied to anything on my end since I don't own a PS4 or have a PSN account.

    Yeah, It's just crazy that there are people who got a PS4 code. Despite not even having a PSN account. Not sure what happened there, but something got messed up. :/
  • Maulzy
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    SNSDGEE9 wrote: »
    Maulzy wrote: »
    SNSDGEE9 wrote: »
    Maulzy wrote: »
    I have the same issue.

    Is the code for our EA accounts? Because when I click redeem in the email it brings me to a Sony Playstation sign-in which I have never created....

    Highly unlikely since it says it's the unique code for the PS4.

    Okay, well I'm just saying it can't be tied to anything on my end since I don't own a PS4 or have a PSN account.

    Yeah, It's just crazy that there are people who got a PS4 code. Despite not even having a PSN account. Not sure what happened there, but something got messed up. :/

    I need to find that special someone who doesn't have an origin account or even xbox account that can swap codes. Or else this is going to waste
  • ZSNIPER762
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    i also got a ps4 code and i no longer own a ps4 is their anyway to change this
  • LlamaWithKatana
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else even miss their code or I'm the only one?
  • bogdann1101
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hello!

    same situation here! :( I need product code for pc. Please help me.
  • ImSoTender
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited July 2016
    Same problem they gave me the wrong key
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    veer550 wrote: »
    SNSDGEE9 wrote: »
    I really don't see the humor in being screwed over.
    What you can try to do Is post on the forms and see if anyone has a pc code but needs a ps4 code and possibly swap that may or may not work

    No it won't work and both of the individuals will be violating NDA. Codes are tied to your account only.

    Regarding this issue, you could try contacting support but I am not sure if they can help.
  • bogdann1101
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What do you do in this situation. How i receive correct code? Thanks.
  • Twicelikey19
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cryphisss wrote: »
    veer550 wrote: »
    SNSDGEE9 wrote: »
    I really don't see the humor in being screwed over.
    What you can try to do Is post on the forms and see if anyone has a pc code but needs a ps4 code and possibly swap that may or may not work

    No it won't work and both of the individuals will be violating NDA. Codes are tied to your account only.

    Regarding this issue, you could try contacting support but I am not sure if they can help.

    Kinda dumb don't you think? I mean, they gave people the wrong codes, to systems they don't even use. At least they could have the courtesy to let people swap codes or at least give the codes to people that has the platform instead of letting it just sit there.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I'm starting to think that DICE/EA are trolling gamers by randomly giving out gaming platform BF1 alpha codes, regardless of its recipient's main gaming platform.
Sign In or Register to comment.