First impressions server rental ps4

dumpstar85
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Despite recent posts on this forum which suggests improvements in server custom configuration are coming, my recent first experience of the current server rental system, in a word remains, terrible.

I feel as though my money was stolen. The server rental process, albeit straight forward, remains very limited in options. I cannot kick or ban tedious players, I cannot grant vip or administrator to my friends, nor can I administrate my server in game.

I cannot find my server in browser, nor does it populate. I waited for almost an hour to find nobody could find my server and nobody was joining.

All in all, this is yet another blow to the ever deteriorating bf saga, of which I am a long term veteran. How regression of this sort is possible I simply do not understand.

Thanks for taking my money! I hope you spend it well on server improvements because frankly this isnt an acceptable standard I expect from my favorite online game provider.

Consider this thread closed as I have no interest in further discussion, I simply wish to add to the collective weight of disappointed players in the aim for improvements.

Comments

• Remiflop
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There should still be a way for you to get a refund? At least if you still got some days/months left on the subscription.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    I mean if you have read, as you say you have, this forum there in no possible way you couldn't have known this. At this point anyone who rents a server NOT knowing what the state is deserves little sympathy.
  • Tr3adst3r
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Its like deja vu..... I would note however that I WANT folks to keeping getting servers and cancelling them ... its one way to keep the pressure up... but as NetRngr said ..... there are pages and pages of this stuff.

Welcome to the club ..... feel free to get voice your concerns at Mr. Hassoon on Twitter he is very responsive there.
  • Axlerod1
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OP this has only been conversation since June. Don't expect any changes until mid March.
  • dumpstar85
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    I mean if you have read, as you say you have, this forum there in no possible way you couldn't have known this. At this point anyone who rents a server NOT knowing what the state is deserves little sympathy.

I didnt expect the likes of DICE/EA to regress in their standards, hence I didn't flock to the forums prior to renting, after all it was a £1.19 single day server rental.

Does anyone have any idea if an update date has been agreed?

Thanks

• Axlerod1
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes, RSP is suppose to be fixed by Spring DLC in Mid March.
  • StarscreamUK
    7170 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Remiflop wrote: »
    There should still be a way for you to get a refund? At least if you still got some days/months left on the subscription.

not on a single day £1.19 rental....
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    *removed*
  • StarscreamUK
    7170 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    couldnt keep the abusive language out could you.