Most Satisfying Type of Kill?

Comments

• S_crote77
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's your most satisfying type of kill in BF1?

That 200+yard headshot? Or up close and personal shovel takedown? Maybe killing 4 soldiers with an airship bomb?

For me it's those one hit "sweet spot" kills with infantry variant bolt actions. Usually SMLE.

Shooting a hill humper in the face with the rocket gun
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wiping squads with my shotty
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Long range headshots with the Martini Henry. Especially since its now considered almost impossible to do.
  • HerakIinos
    278 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sindari wrote: »
    Long range headshots with the Martini Henry. Especially since its now considered almost impossible to do.

Why now its considered almost impossible? It was always a OHK headshot.
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    HerakIinos wrote: »

People didnt rely on headshots with the pre-nerf Martini, anywhere was a OHK. Since the nerf / fix it is widely stated by many people that the gun is broken and not worth using. Of course it was always a OHK to the head, but it's implied that only being able to do that makes the gun almost impossible to use. There is a widely accepted view that hitting someone at long range in the head with the ironsights of the MH is hard. For me at least there is an extra layer of satisfaction in continuing to kill people with it in the wake of a 300 page thread screaming about it being broken.
  • HerakIinos
    278 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

People didnt rely on headshots with the pre-nerf Martini, anywhere was a OHK. Since the nerf it is widely stated by many people that the gun is broken and not worth using. Of course it was always a OHK to the head, but it's implied that only being able to do that makes the gun almost impossible to use. There is a widely accepted view that hitting someone at long range in the head with the ironsights of the MH is hard.

MH never OHK in long ranges except for a headshot. So no, the pre-patch Martini wouldnt kill a full health enemy at long ranges. Headshooting someone at long ranges with the MH is as satisfying now as it was back then. Its performance didnt change much after the sweet spot region. Unless you are considering 30-80m as long range. And yes, Headshooting someone with that gun at further ranges is hard. Not only because of the iron sights but also because of the slow muzzle velocity.
  • ANGRYharold
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BenzenBEER wrote: »
    Putting mines somewhere, forgetting about em and 10mins later, destroys a full-housed tank. I call that skills...Gratifying tho.

my favorite too. a nice multikill surprise, rage in the chat, and a huge blow to the enemy's offensive capabilities.

martini-henry OHK's are pretty close.
  • sparky2172
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've always loved seeing a guy stop and aim at me as I round a corner and they think I didn't see them so they start sprinting to chase.

Then I walk back around and dump truck them while theyre helpless in sprint.
  • Sindari
    edited December 2016

People didnt rely on headshots with the pre-nerf Martini, anywhere was a OHK. Since the nerf it is widely stated by many people that the gun is broken and not worth using. Of course it was always a OHK to the head, but it's implied that only being able to do that makes the gun almost impossible to use. There is a widely accepted view that hitting someone at long range in the head with the ironsights of the MH is hard.

So no, the pre-patch Martini wouldnt kill a full health enemy at long ranges.

No you are misunderstanding my point, I never said this.
    I have no idea why you think I have to explain myself to you though, are you bored?
    I'm talking about what I find satisfying in a kill and that's my personal opinion that you can't argue with me about.
    It is considered broken and hard to use by a large number of people, therefore to me it is more satisfying to use successfully in the light of that.
    If you don't think so, good for you.
    I think you need to learn about opinions.
  • Snazzy_Snafu_OG
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dropping to the floor and planting a Tankgewehr round right in some shotgunner's chest at close range. Nothing beats it. A lot harder now that TheRussianBadger did a video on the Tank Hunter class, people are always camping the Tank Hunter spawn. I only pick it up when I'm close and it's not out of my way.
  • xChrisImmortal
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    -Shovel to the neck

-Any kill that happens as part of a momentum-shifting operation charge.
  • I-ron1n-I
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    - Speeding up in a fighter and finishing off an attack plane seat switcher with darts.

- Killing someone with their own incendiary trip mine.

- Darting anyone hill humping up the top of the hillside overlooking C on empires edge.

• iKingCobra88
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hands down the best type of kill IMO is when you disable a plane, the pilot bails and you roadkill them.
  • termzone
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love it when somebody goes for bayonet charge on me and I step back and drive my knife into him and denie him the kill, Or when they do a 360 bayonet charge and I just wait for them to stop to knife them in a chest and all that running they did around you for nothing. Another good one is when somebody gets to a sentry chest before you and you purposely follow them and denied them any kills with it. Knife to the chest I love it lmao.
  • Decado_Killer
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    my best was taking out 2 tank's with a flamethrower and grenades blinding them both while they missed or tried getting out of the tanks.
  • Removed11322
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On Suez, flanking a whole load of noobs on the c dune with a horse and racking up about 10 kills in a few seconds.
  • A_warped_mind
    1051 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm still using it still hitting hard with it (got my longest Headshot at 225.4 M with it a few days back)

So yeah for me the MH is still the beast and still the most fun gun to use and the most satisfying kill to get 24 Service stars and still going up.

• bran1986
    5827 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bayonet charge or beating a hill humping sniper to death with a shovel, now saw tooth knife.
  • A_warped_mind
    1051 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    bayonet charge or beating a hill humping sniper to death with a shovel, now saw tooth knife.
    You need to use the Pick axe it's brutal especially the two handed lunge into your enemies/Victims chest :)

• blackaddR
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A couple of days ago whilst playing Giant's shadow, behind enemy lines in a windmill in front of 'A', a low attack plane slowly flew passed. I took up the Russian sniper rifle and took a shot from the hip and killed the pilot with a head shot. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I hadnt recorded it :s