Best xb1 headset??

daveharrington23
22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited December 2016
What are people's opinion on the best xb1 headset? Value for money is the main focus for me. I'm looking at turtle beach xo4, xo7, astro a40 or a50. Leaning towards the xo4 at the minute. Xo4 are about 60 euro, xo7 are about 90 euro. A40s are about 140 euro and there's a deal on a50s near me for 170 euro until Monday.

Comments

• RougeArcher767
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I use the Afterglow AG9's about $100 US. They have been very dependable and quality set so far after a year of heavy use. Never had a good run with turtle beach products
  • daveharrington23
    My turtle beach x11s lasted me years and the headphones are still really good but the mic doesn't work for chat and this game is all about team work and communication. I can't find ag9 for sale locally to me. I can get them online but I wanted to get them in a shop to use a gift card.
  • Snazzy_Snafu_OG
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    I use the Afterglow AG9's about $100 US. They have been very dependable and quality set so far after a year of heavy use. Never had a good run with turtle beach products

Turtle Beaches are pretty fragile, but I've had a couple of them over the years and all have been very dependable when you actually take care of them. I currently have XO 7 Pros (They are $160 USD regular price) and they are fantastic, and I would recommend them to everyone.
  • Sm0kinMetal
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the turtle beach XO7 , I love them . The quality of the sound is incredible. The reason I went with these were the perfect fit and comfort of them for me. I recommend trying on different Turtle Beach models in a store because they vary in fit and sound. People who don't play with headsets would be amazed on what they are really missing out on in the game. I have had these for almost two years now with no problems.
  • daveharrington23
    I'm looking at TB XO7 pro (€88), afterglow AG9 (€88) or HyperX CloudX pro (€88). I just realised typing this that the three shortlisted are all the same price! They all have solid reviews and are the exact same price. All locally available. My last turtle beaches lasted me about 5 or 6 years and 2 of those years were pretty extreme hours, maybe 6 hours minimum 6 or 7 days a week for months. Reliability was great on those.
  • TectonicGuns
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've had several. My issue in selection was price. There were three price groups cheap (<100) mederate (100-200) then pricey (200-500). Moderate seemed the way to go and I was not disappointed.

Plantronic Rig 500 for about $150. Super sturdy and good wire anti-bend at connection points, Comfy, light and good sound. Highly recommend.

PS. TBs I've had broke..
  • w0lf1986
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Go with astros. You can use them as regular headphones when traveling the the mic is detachable. They can be used for PC and any future console. I love mine and honestly will not buy a cheap headset ever again. The sound quality and mic ouput sound are great. The mic doesn't pick up back up noises either. The headset itself is the most comfortable headset I have owned.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How I justified it: you get what u pay for. I own the astro A40s because I dont like dealing with charging headsets and batteries. They are more expensive BUT have the best quality that ive experienced in a headset. They are extremely comfortable and feel very sturdy and well built. You could spend $100 on a headset or pay a little more for something that will last you a long time if you take care lf them. Ive had turtlebeach in the past, they arent as sturdy or comfortable as astro. I cant speak about the new turtlebeach headsets but i hate that they changed from batteries to a charge stand. It was very convenient swapping out rechargable batteries in the past.
  • slappyJmarsden
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    I wholeheartedly agree with the Astro A40's...most comfortable headphones I've ever owned and the Dolby sound quality kicks major a-¯\_(ツ)_/¯...yes, they are expensive but worth every single penny.
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I use the Turtle Beach Elite 800x headset. They are pricey like the astros, but look a lot sleeker in my opinion. The big selling point for me was that they are completely wireless, for chat as well. They sound great and when you're done using them, you just throw them on their convenient charging dock and they are always ready to go for next time.
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hyperx Cloud II or X. They're pretty much the same thing.
  • FluMusiic
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    oof14346 wrote: »

I use the HyperX Cloud Revolver, great sound and very comfortable. Got them new, open box, on amazon warehouse deals for $55. Wonderful headphones for the price
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oof14346 wrote: »

I use the HyperX Cloud Revolver, great sound and very comfortable. Got them new, open box, on amazon warehouse deals for $55. Wonderful headphones for the price

I almost picked up the Revolvers, but read in a lot of reviews, if something hits the metal frame on your head, it's REALLY loud in your ears. Since I have a 3 year old who loves to bang on things with a broom, I decided to skip these.
  • daveharrington23
    I got hyperx cloudx for 88 euro. Great sound but a bit quiet.
  • Club-Pleasure
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • daveharrington23
    TB are over rated as are astros. The hyperx ones are way better and more importantly, vastly more comfortable. For a sub 100 buck headset they are my winner.
  • JMWStigma
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If true surround is important I say go with A40 with the mixamp tr or full wireless A50.

I bought/tried/returned 7 headsets (including A40's) until I found the A50's and I like them a lot. You do have to recharge but the base is convenient and displays the headset as well

I found that I couldn't get enough volume out of the headsets that plugged up to the controller, but I'm kinda deaf from loud music

Tried 3 different fully wireless USB models (Afterglow AG 9 and AG 9+, and a turtle beach one, can't remember the exact model). The afterglows are fine for a $100 headset but no surround sound, and the mic on the AG 9+ stopped working after two days. The turtle beaches felt cheap and were uncomfortable....they were ok 12 years ago but it feels like their quality has gone to s*** the past few years
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I stick with the cheap basic official Microsoft head sets that comes with the system. Even got another same pair off of Amazon dirt cheap.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use the Hyper X Cloud Stinger. Though only priced at $50, they definitely punch waay above their price bracket. Extremely comfortable as well.