Do you think tanks are OP?

Comments

• Ben8D8over
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Ben8D8over wrote: »
    superteds wrote: »
    the depressing thing is this isn't the OPs first BF title

battlefield has always been about combined arms. Yes, it's hard to bring tanks/planes down without teamwork AND IT SHOULD BE

True but you don't need teamwork to operate heavies and therein lies the only issue for me.

Limpet charge, hide on a ammo box, and another Limpet Charge
    If you do it with me Trokey, the tanks don´t stand a chance B)
    If only you could take down a tank yourself with C4 like in BF4 the tanks would have a much bigger threat from infantry. I suggest giving the support 2 Limpets to be able to do this B)

Totally agree Ben and it is my preferred method with which I have considerable success.

However, there is nothing more frustrating to work behind a tank, killing or avoiding enemies on the way only to die to a solo driver simply because of a view!

Limpets are the new Claymore! <3

Yup, that´s correct Trokey. We can not get a third person view as a soldier, so why should the tanks and planes get that for even more advantage.
    As you´ve seen I use the tank to cap flags and I play it aggressively and sometimes go 40-0 easily.
    Even though I´m a decent tanker myself I agree they are too OP as it is. Best matches are with good tankers going after each other, not only infantry.
    Most satisfaction from using a tank is destroying other tanks, preferably with all seats occupied B)
    Give us more Limpets DICE plz !!
  • Ben8D8over
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »
    As i mentioned before its the EZ mode HE shell that allows tank drivers to rack up scores of infantry kills in a round. Dice need to rebalance HE shells against infantry and buff the canister shells reload speed slightly. I havnt been killed once in 4 days of playtime from canister shells and thats supposed to be the anti infantry shell.

Im sure dice have the numbers and i bet canister shells have like 20 kills between the whole community since launch,i shudder to think how many HE kills tankers have in comparison.

Canister shells are the bomb dude

I always switch to canister for infantry, it´s 10 times better.
    The HE I use to bombard other vehicles with.
  • Decado_Killer
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    they didn't need a buff very few player's even help take one down now when all you need is 2 assault's for a quick kill and the repair option is beyond stupid they should haveto exit the vehicle.
  • diagoro
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Amazing how this topic comes up continually. Assault can solo destroy a light tank. The others take teamwork.

This isn't cod....
  • TiMEvBoMB
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    diagoro wrote: »
    Amazing how this topic comes up continually. Assault can solo destroy a light tank. The others take teamwork.

This isn't cod....

Agreed. Most the comments I see talk about how easy it is to take out a heavy and ways to do it but yet most are still claiming it's OP....It's only Op in the right hands, noobs can do well with it but true BF tankers can dominate, most the methods of taking a tank out would not work on an elite Tanker.
  • xChrisImmortal
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Would heavy tanks be underpowered if assaults could fire their rockets from a non-prone position?
  • diagoro
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would heavy tanks be underpowered if assaults could fire their rockets from a non-prone position?

Those sci-fi at rockets are just sniper rockets that need a greater reload time. They're devastating as is.
  • xChrisImmortal
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They're devastating? The most damage I've ever done with one after lying on the ground and lining up a shot is 20. And that act alone is usually more than enough to get you killed, either because the tank will shoot you or because you're lying in the open in the middle of a battlefield. If you didn't have to lie down to shoot them, they'd be roughly on par with the anti tank measures of previous Battlefield games.
  • iDREXCIYA
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, I regularly kill tanks on my own, very easy unless it's a good tanker, you have just been outplayed, deal with it...
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    diagoro wrote: »

Those sci-fi at rockets are just sniper rockets that need a greater reload time. They're devastating as is.

that's because they're 40mm shells not rockets dillhole. educate yourself.
  • w0lf1986
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Tanks are fine, they are strong because it promotes team play to kill them. Stop ¯\_(ツ)_/¯!
  • RoseScythe_NZ
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    w0lf1986 wrote: »
    Tanks are fine, they are strong because it promotes team play to kill them. Stop ****!

Yet doesn't require teamwork to operate them.....

This.

The Heavy Tank is horribly imbalanced compared to the other multi-seat vehicles. Every other vehicle gets an effectiveness boost when occupied by more than one player, whereas a full Heavy Tank is no more effective than one with a solo operator.

I'm not sure how to balance it, but it does need a tweak. Unfortunately, you won't find many people who'd agree it needs another balance pass. It's the most popular vehicle and there are too many player scared of losing their crutch.
  • DingoKillr
    4350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    w0lf1986 wrote: »
    Tanks are fine, they are strong because it promotes team play to kill them. Stop ****!

Yet doesn't require teamwork to operate them.....

This.

The Heavy Tank is horribly imbalanced compared to the other multi-seat vehicles. Every other vehicle gets an effectiveness boost when occupied by more than one player, whereas a full Heavy Tank is no more effective than one with a solo operator.

I'm not sure how to balance it, but it does need a tweak. Unfortunately, you won't find many people who'd agree it needs another balance pass. It's the most popular vehicle and there are too many player scared of losing their crutch.
    As you stated before removing 3rd person view would make the Tanks require gunner or infantry support.

You could even boost tanks health and increase the FOV to balance the easy of infantry flanking.
  • Maybe_Leg_End
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tanks are underpowered.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tanks are underpowered.

Only in the upside-down world, m8.

I'd like to see tanks with an extremely forced and limited 3rd POV for a start. So they cant peek/look behind walls and craters to see all inf hiding from them.
  • Aapiejaapie_
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was really raging about the OP tanks in the beginning, but now that i have played it some time i can somewhat understand that they made it this strong, that it's difficult to solo kill a tank. But i still think it needs some work.

My idea on tank balance is: just plain, less tanks, or increase the spawn time. Overall i think there are just too many tanks. It is quite difficult to destroy a tank. When you destroyed one, another is already coming. In WW1 there weren't a lot of tanks. It was 99% infantry during that time. So going up against 2, sometimes 3 tanks at a time is too much i think. For me perfect would be: 50% decrease in amount of tanks, together with 50% increase of respawn time.

With that i think the repair from inside should be removed. Give them a hammer to fix the tank on the outside, but definately not from the inside.

If they don't decrease the amount of tanks, or increase spawn time, only then i think infantry should be strengthened against tanks. So think of plain increased damage of grenades/limpet/k-bullits/dynamite.
  • RoseScythe_NZ
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was really raging about the OP tanks in the beginning, but now that i have played it some time i can somewhat understand that they made it this strong, that it's difficult to solo kill a tank. But i still think it needs some work.

My idea on tank balance is: just plain, less tanks, or increase the spawn time. Overall i think there are just too many tanks. It is quite difficult to destroy a tank. When you destroyed one, another is already coming. In WW1 there weren't a lot of tanks. It was 99% infantry during that time. So going up against 2, sometimes 3 tanks at a time is too much i think. For me perfect would be: 50% decrease in amount of tanks, together with 50% increase of respawn time.

With that i think the repair from inside should be removed. Give them a hammer to fix the tank on the outside, but definately not from the inside.

If they don't decrease the amount of tanks, or increase spawn time, only then i think infantry should be strengthened against tanks. So think of plain increased damage of grenades/limpet/k-bullits/dynamite.

The Heavy Tank is definitely still OP in relation to every other ground vehicle, to the point that spawning in anything other than a heavy tank puts your team at a disadvantage. Vehicle balance still isn't quite right.
  • Grenadeh
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    This is a trick question. Of course they are. Something has to be done. We need our anti tank weapons buffed or they need to adjust tank abalities. It is ridiculous drivers can heal tanks from without ever having to get out! If they stay back and play it safe there is nothing infantry can do to stop it. Dynamite does not stick? Anti tank grenade crossbows bounce about 5 feet away before exploding? The damage to a tank from a field gun should be over 50% at least! Limpit charges need to do way more damage or let player carry 2!

Maybe it's not that the tanks are over powered but more so that our weapons do so little damage to them.
    I have tried to attach an image of a little girl going 57-0 because he sat in a tank the entire game and no one was able to touch him. If the would at least make the driver himself have to get out to repair the tank and perhaps reserve his seat while he does so that would give someone a chance to shoot him.
    Going 58-0 should never happen for this reason. Battlefield should be ashamed!

Um, no. They are underpowered by all means. One assault player can solo a landship or A7 most times. One assault player can solo a light tank head on no question. Literally the only thing that keeps a tanker alive most times is spotting and knowing how to recognize assault class by player model so you can start backing up or priority targetting.

Anyone can get 30/0 in tank? And that shouldn't be the case. Yes. Yes it should. It should literally always be the case. It's a TANK. Tanks in this game should be utterly invincible to anything except AT weapons. Frag grenades are not AT weapons. HE grenades are not AT weapons. Flares, fire, and gas are not AT weapons. Plane MGs are not AT weapons unless they are explicit anti-tank guns. Tank weapons should be a one hit kill always, against all infantry. You're going to die anyway if I'm targeting you with auto-cannon, so you may as well stop wasting my time and die the first shot.

As it is, it's easier to stay alive as infantry than it is as a tank most of the time. They handle like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, the game has utterly unrealistic physics and thus the tanks have no weight - so they flip over, roll over, get knocked around, and all kinds of ridiculous BS all the time. The A7 is way too fast - faster than the FLANKER tank whose sole job is to OUTFLANK the other tanks, but it's basically useless without 4 other players. Landship is similar except it's basically over-armored. I've hit a landship no joke 10 times in the same spot with a field gun and it didn't die. Don't know what that's about.
  • RoseScythe_NZ
    edited January 2017
    Grenadeh wrote: »

Um, no. They are underpowered by all means. One assault player can solo a landship or A7 most times. One assault player can solo a light tank head on no question. Literally the only thing that keeps a tanker alive most times is spotting and knowing how to recognize assault class by player model so you can start backing up or priority targetting.

Anyone can get 30/0 in tank? And that shouldn't be the case. Yes. Yes it should. It should literally always be the case. It's a TANK. Tanks in this game should be utterly invincible to anything except AT weapons. Frag grenades are not AT weapons. HE grenades are not AT weapons. Flares, fire, and gas are not AT weapons. Plane MGs are not AT weapons unless they are explicit anti-tank guns. Tank weapons should be a one hit kill always, against all infantry. You're going to die anyway if I'm targeting you with auto-cannon, so you may as well stop wasting my time and die the first shot.

As it is, it's easier to stay alive as infantry than it is as a tank most of the time. They handle like ****, the game has utterly unrealistic physics and thus the tanks have no weight - so they flip over, roll over, get knocked around, and all kinds of ridiculous BS all the time. The A7 is way too fast - faster than the FLANKER tank whose sole job is to OUTFLANK the other tanks, but it's basically useless without 4 other players. Landship is similar except it's basically over-armored. I've hit a landship no joke 10 times in the same spot with a field gun and it didn't die. Don't know what that's about.

Did you even proofread this contradictory mess?