Severe performance issues on PC

ExtremeErection
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
My rig is not the newest or fastest (i5-2400 alongside a GTX760 2GB and 8 gigs of RAM) but I still got constantly about 80fps on medium up until a few months ago.
Now, it doesn't matter which graphics settings I pick my game is lagging ALL THE TIME, doesn't matter which map, where in the map, or even what I'm looking at, it stutters each and every second, the game is practically unplayable.
I've tried unparking my cores, switching to another OS (win 10 since I was on win 7), tweaking Nvidia panel settings and all the classics. Obviously I've checked for malware and such and it's clean.
Do you guys have any ideas? I mean, it doesn't make sense, THE SAME GAME ran at least OK but now it's unplayable.
If it matters, when I use the test range the problem disappears almost completely (which made me think it's CPU related,but then again, it's THE SAME CPU)
hchBPOU.jpg
Image attached for da lolz.

Comments

• PayPal_Account
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 2017
    -Download and install MSI Afterburner.
    -Check GPU temps

It COULD be either a heat issue or,and I hate to say this OP, your GPU could be dying.

Good luck with your issue.

EDIT:Could also be a driver problem
  • Strac_CRO
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 2017
    I think it's CPU temp problem or something around CPU. Look at the avg. and max. time for frames of CPU.
    Is your PC clean of dust including CPU fan?
  • ExtremeErection
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I forgot to mention many other games I own work pretty well (FC3,4,ROTTR,AC3,Crysis 2 and other AAA quite demanding titles), although they are SP games, so the GPU is okay AFAIK based on that.
    I have recently cleaned the CPU and the fan and replaced the thermal paste, but I can clean it again if needed, although the temps appear to be fine.
  • DICEfixREG2k13
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can try:
    -Reset to factory settings your pc.
    -Update gpu drivers. Or get the older ones (which were good).
    -Fix the game from origin.
  • Xxosox
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 2017
    hola ayuda por favor e comprado la version p remium entro al juego y al minuto me saca por latencia tengo una re d de 5 megas para mi solo y buena pc como puedo hacer para solucionar este problema?? gracias por su respuesta
  • Strac_CRO
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 2017
    I have recently cleaned the CPU and the fan and replaced the thermal paste, but I can clean it again if needed, although the temps appear to be fine.
    Maybe you did something wrong there while cleaning and reassembling and reattaching CPU fan
    Looks like CPU is throttling

Post edited by Strac_CRO on