A call for DICE to purify Dom and TDM.

XenvisionedX
379 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited January 2017
Since it appears that any kind of competative mode for BF1 is someway in the unseen future... can we see the purification of TDM and Dom modes by the removal of the bullet sponge Sentries, or at the very least, their
permenant location display upon the mini map.

Comments

• Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i don't get why the best of the elite classes spawns all the time in 12vs12 infantry only modes but not in conquest large. i got the same opinion,elite in tdm is OP. if the wrong person gets it the match is basically over.
  • xxShiftyxxx
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about the removal of TDM all together. Simple fix PTFO that is battle field and how battle field should stay non of this COD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • XenvisionedX
    edited January 2017
    How about the removal of TDM all together. Simple fix PTFO that is battle field and how battle field should stay non of this COD ****.

it's not Cod •••• , has you soo elequantly put it, and do try to remember exactly when and why PTO was introduced into the BF franchize. Go ply CQ you are obviously in need of a crutch, why waste your time commenting upon a thread that is of no interest to you, unless you are just a toxic troll.
  • Snazzy_Snafu_OG
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i don't get why the best of the elite classes spawns all the time in 12vs12 infantry only modes but not in conquest large. i got the same opinion,elite in tdm is OP. if the wrong person gets it the match is basically over.

When I play 64 player operations, the Tank Hunter kit spawns once per sector. Unfortunately, the Tank Hunter is my favorite elite class, and I rarely ever get to use it.... Nothing is more satisfying than dropping to the ground 10 feet away from an enemy and put a Tankgewehr round in his chest, and it is such a rare pleasure.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How about the removal of TDM all together. Simple fix PTFO that is battle field and how battle field should stay non of this COD ****.

BF1942 had TDM...
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

When I play 64 player operations, the Tank Hunter kit spawns once per sector. Unfortunately, the Tank Hunter is my favorite elite class, and I rarely ever get to use it.... Nothing is more satisfying than dropping to the ground 10 feet away from an enemy and put a Tankgewehr round in his chest, and it is such a rare pleasure.

i'm talking about the villar perosa,tank hunter in tdm wouldn't make much sense...neither villar perosa but well...
  • sawyermblack
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

i'm talking about the villar perosa,tank hunter in tdm wouldn't make much sense...neither villar perosa but well...

Sawed off shotgun in TDM? That makes the most sense to me. Would be OP of course. The sawed off is crazy
  • Callahan44er

Sawed off shotgun in TDM? That makes the most sense to me. Would be OP of course. The sawed off is crazy

i don't think it would be a huge problem,surely no bigger problem then villar perosa. feels like tankhunter has less armor then other elites? i don't think the sawed off shotgun is that good,it also got nerfed. range is really limited and only 2 shots...

• ICEMANx442
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Elite classes shouldn't be in TDM, makes no sense. I got the villar perosa in a few games now and with help from my squad completely destroyed the enemy team, while it was fun it's OP in TDM.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd love to see them removed from TDM, but the design ethos for bf1 is old school arcadey action not pureist FPS style game play, so I doubt they will remove them.

Besides the kids love em.
  • Double991
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As soon as the Sentry shows up, if you think they might be any good just switch to gas and spam it in their location.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's like DICE want to encourage solo Rambo play.

Then pretend like bf is all about teamwork.

Please put down the crack pipe DICE.
  • sawyermblack
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've gone against a sentry + double medic team in TDM. One medic watched behind, the other at the sides. No bayonet reached him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it. I just hide until the match is over.
  • XenvisionedX
    edited January 2017
    I'd love to see them removed from TDM, but the design ethos for bf1 is old school arcadey action not pureist FPS style game play, so I doubt they will remove them.

Besides the kids love em.

DICE have stated their intention to move the BF franchise towards competative play with one of the new modes in one of the coming dlc how are they going to do so if they hold on to this ethos? What can we expect from a competative mode from DICE, anyone?
  • I-ron1n-I
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Remove the sentry kits and give me 30 player TDM. Ditto for Domination. Sick of servers dying every other round or feeling dead after only 2-3 people leave.
  • XenvisionedX
    I-ron1n-I wrote: »
    Remove the sentry kits and give me 30 player TDM. Ditto for Domination. Sick of servers dying every other round or feeling dead after only 2-3 people leave.

a little bit bigger maps would be cool, too complement player size increase...
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I-ron1n-I wrote: »

100% agree with you.
  • xxShiftyxxx
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017

it's not Cod •••• , has you soo elequantly put it, and do try to remember exactly when and why PTO was introduced into the BF franchize. Go ply CQ you are obviously in need of a crutch, why waste your time commenting upon a thread that is of no interest to you, unless you are just a toxic troll.
    Don't worry look at my stats and BF tracker I play plenty off CQ and PTFO hence why my SPM is high lol. I have my opinion because that's where TDM belongs in COD simple.
  • 1Arnavut
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i like sentries its fun. hunt them with gas and bayonets. its very easy and fun.
  • KPNuts74
    691 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The sentry is not an issue in TDM, we always play as a squad in party chat and tend to win (whether we pick up the kits or not).

The issues are -

Ticket count too low (matches only last 8 - 10 minutes then 3 minute wait between each round).

Not enough players, maps could easily take 16 vs 16.