Communities are being punished by the "20 Players to Start" limit.

1235»

Comments

• Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pitbruiser wrote: »
    Pitbruiser wrote: »
    Starting a server with a 4 or 6p start up isn't hard. If you're renting a server first you need to have a starter playerbase. That's friends and clan mates. If you don't have 8 friends/members don't bother. Build those relationships first. The pre-round at the moment is ludicrous. When they drop it to 6 there shouldn't be any problem for organized groups to get servers rolling.

That's fine if you can get four players to play at the same time.

In the group I was with, we had over thirty. But, we had players from all over the world, in different time zones. It was a hassle to coordinate playing times. Even when a game got started, some members would leave early, then the server went back to pre-round. Then we ended up waiting again. The remaining members get pissed because of more waiting. Then they leave too. After a few days of this merry go around, NO ONE wants to play on our sever anymore. They want to play on someone else's server which was almost FULL.

This player limit to break pre-round is BS.

Agreed per my last two sentences...
    The pre-round at the moment is ludicrous. When they drop it to 6 there shouldn't be any problem for organized groups to get servers rolling.

To make it clear Rev, my description above is our experience with BF4 and the 4-player start; not BF1.

Really? You have that much of a problem rolling a server in bf4? Daaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn Daniel.

Yep. And not just mine. I helped out with a few other clan servers, ranging from 16 to 44 player servers. They too were seeing the same issues.

I speak for myself, but I wish more of the other small clans spoke up as well.

Peace!
  • -rTr-Ironhorse
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The 20 player start is only to force PC communities into a Console environment - once again, just like BF4 in the beginning, EA/DICE does not listen to it's PC base
  • FunkyKiller84
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Renting a server is a ridiculous waste of money....almost all sit empty for the stupidly high player count requirement to start a game, then add in server owners can't even Admin them. I for one love to see nothing but a scrolling chat feed of racial and ethnic slurs all night while playing my game. Highlight of my night. Can't kick or ban them....they know they're untouchable so they go off on their tangents.....then there's the hackers......can't do **** about them either.....This idea is ludicrous. Why would I buy a car i can't work on or drive? It's stupid. All it is is a way for them to make more money off the communities. They really dropped the ball with a lot of things in this game.......
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The 20 player start is only to force PC communities into a Console environment - once again, just like BF4 in the beginning, EA/DICE does not listen to it's PC base

This is Truff! Always enjoyed the rTr servers in BF4 as well as my current clans server. This push to console everything will bite them in the keester at some point I'm afraid.
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2017
    BLABLABLABLA i am really getting pissed at this topic , we have 2 servers and fill the servwer woth only 4 of us in there , last week we started a totally unknown new one , st querntin scar only / 24/7 conquest within 1hour and 15minuets the roudn started
    ----
    and since then it takes around 35minutes each day
    ---
    just make a server that isnt there yet , and please if it i a server with 24 7 the same map , set the map name in the server name , search for example for these dixxheads : "1map only" that si the name of the server wtfffffff and that map is st. quentin scar , i also found several amiens only servers with not the name amiens in the server name = you are asking for it
    ---
    2/3 days ago our clan decided to try to fill up an emprty server , only the 4 of us , the server was -lAMIENSl- again within an hour
    ---
    so dice please lock this topic , i have talked here several times , that it isnt an issue , lowering it to maybe 14 would be nice BUT only if we then still get quickmatch
    ---
    ooo by the way our servers and that amiens servers are totally default so we get help from quickamtch after those 20 , and thats why i am also pissed about this topic , becuase once it gets started ... the round, it fills up way easier then in hardline or bf4
    you don't believe me? name your server and tomorrow i will fill it with my crew , but please dont come with a server with all 10 amps , or if it is 1 map only dont come with fao fortress or suez or that new shadow map , or woth a map with only 1map and not the name of that map in the servername
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • Remiflop
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2017
    Remiflop wrote: »

well most are custommmmmmm and run more then 1 map , like i said name the server that you have or want to be filled, except custom servers

and wrongly named servers

and servers with all 10 maps , why people even make those ... the same as the official servers is just nuts

or 24 7 same map servers with 1 unpopulair maps like suez , or shadow , or fao

yes and we have 2 servers 1 24/7 argonne and the other 24/7 st quentin so if you have an emprty 1 of those dont come knocking for help trying to fill that 1 up
    plus those empty ones are because guys are talking here instead of going into their server with at least 4 people , we - our clan - live in europe last night we decided to go in an empty sinai 24 7 server in the usa and leave our pcs on and go to bed, a server that is always empty. Next morning we where all kicked for being afk, afk kicks only happen when there are 20 players and a real round starts. NO NO NO, like i said if they can lower it to 14 - but ONLY if we keep quickmatch after those 14 otherwise leave it at 20 - it would be nice, but now with 20 already server rent is nice and filling up doable.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you don't believe me? name your server and tomorrow i will fill it with my crew , but please dont come with a server with all 10 amps , or if it is 1 map only dont come with fao fortress or suez or that new shadow map , or woth a map with only 1map and not the name of that map in the servername

You actually made me laugh... "name your server and tomorrow i will fill it with my crew, BUT....."

ROFL

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Might also have something to do with your region as well. From your typing and name I am guessing that you are in the Netherlands? Ever stopped to think you may be one of few servers with a decent ping to a lot of people? That could help out a lot.
    All that said the majority of people want a lower start cound who gives a flip if its 4 or not? If you can start your server with 20 people good for you. Most can't. This will not affect you one bit either way so if you dont want to hear about it dont read the thread.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited January 2017
    NetRngr wrote: »
    Might also have something to do with your region as well. From your typing and name I am guessing that you are in the Netherlands? Ever stopped to think you may be one of few servers with a decent ping to a lot of people? That could help out a lot.
    All that said the majority of people want a lower start cound who gives a flip if its 4 or not? If you can start your server with 20 people good for you. Most can't. This will not affect you one bit either way so if you dont want to hear about it dont read the thread.

Err yes i live in the netherlands, and the server is also. But all servers in europe are in the netherlands. And when our clan fills it up then the other 16 that come to visit don't look at our ping. If you are from romania and you have the server and 4 of you go in then still the other 16 will follow. How do you explain then that 4 of us from europe filled up an empty american sinai 24/7 server last night when we went to bed and just left our pc's on, all of us high pings because there is an atlentic ocean in between the server and us.

Plus other players are as near to the RSP servers as to official servers and they manage to get players.
    ----
    They will not lower it to 4 without losing quickmatch - what if soemone presses quickmatch and comes into a round that started and has 5 people in it, and that removing of quickmatch is absolutely not wanted. 14 or something seems more realistic and then they can still keep quickmatch kicks in at 14. So i do give a flip about missing quickmatch and WILL effect me, so yea i am coming here and say that the whining is just blablabla. They should stop listening to many forumtopics which are only populated by the screaming minority, the silent majority is out there playing (and filling up servers), and sometimes 1 of us silent boys opens our mouth here to say to dice it isnt this bad as it is talked about here.

Plus maybe 1 out of 10 hears that with 4 people you can fill up a server that is wanted, so not a 24 7 fao server. And that 1 out of 10 guy and his clan actually try it with 4 and find out it is almost easy. This night we are going to fill up an american amiens only server that is always empty, or at least see tomorrow morning if it happened .... so far each try was a succes.
  • CrashCA
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A question and a comment for NL73:
    Console or PC ?

Some of us only a hour or so to game and waiting even 35 minutes for a game to start, BS
  • ASF-SKINTOX
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Agreed! It regularly takes HOURS to get a server going (even with 10-15 of our own members in the server at once). The double firewall setup is ridiculous too. Incredibly frustrated and disappointed. The game is a blast to play, but the rental server program appears to have been an afterthought in every way (except for the plan to force us to use DICE for server rentals and then remove the ability for us to provide a server environment free of racists, griefers, and hackers.)

racists ? no such thing as racism its a left wing ideology
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited January 2017
    CrashCA wrote: »
    A question and a comment for NL73:
    Console or PC ?

Some of us only a hour or so to game and waiting even 35 minutes for a game to start, BS
    --
    PC, and i don't think you ever had - or was in a clan that ahd 1 - a server on bf4 or hardline, 35minutes is a very very good time for a server that has been online only 5days. And even after that it is totally normal and quick.
    --
    An update now 8am central european time , just woke up, and during our sleep we would fill up an always empty USA eastcoast amiens server just to test, no succes, p.s. 2 of us are killed in uncap they where hidden well for other team so how is that possible i think friendly fire is somehow possible - think suicide on their part - and we see chat and killfeed but there was no start we don't know how many where there at the maximum (ooh edit 1 of us had a program on that takes automatisc screenshots, maximum was 10players so the 4 of us and 6 joined, if the limit would be 14 then i think people are more eager to wait for those last 4, maybe lower the limit for rsp to 14 and for offiical hold it on 20 and ofcourse at 14 and 20 let the quickmatch kick in).
    In europe no problem, but in usa it fills up more difficult (yesterday succes on an sinai 24/7 usa eastcoast server) and in this amiens case didnt happen. The playerbase there is way lower. bf1stats.com also shows that most xb1 bf1 players are form the usa, and most ps4 and pc bf1 players in europe. You can see that if you look at that site several times a day. Plus in europe on pc you see 2 full amiens 24/7 server each day, 2x full argonne 24/7, 2x full sinai 24/7, 1x full st.quentin scar 24/7. In usa nothing, and amiens is the number 1 in popularity , st.quentin number 2, and argonne mnumber 3 https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/42564/battlefield-1-poll-favorite-map/p1 and still no servers there, all empty.
    --
    So for usa server holders this may be a valid topic, but europe is another world, still we haven't had an offer by any of the complainers here with a name of a server that me and 3 others can fill up.
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    How do you explain then that 4 of us from europe filled up an empty american sinai 24/7 server last night when we went to bed and just left our pc's on, all of us high pings because there is an atlentic ocean in between the server and us.

So do you not get kicked within a few minutes due to inactivity? How do you know that you filled the server up?
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited January 2017
    -Q-DoePa wrote: »
    How do you explain then that 4 of us from europe filled up an empty american sinai 24/7 server last night when we went to bed and just left our pc's on, all of us high pings because there is an atlentic ocean in between the server and us.

So do you not get kicked within a few minutes due to inactivity? How do you know that you filled the server up?

When there are less then 20 players you dont get kicked, you can be in there for hours. After a round starts the afk 5minute rule starts. And when you get back to your pc you press away that kicked for being afk popup and see how many players where in that server at the time of your kick, it was around 45 players and almost alwys is around that number, it is normal after 5minutes of quickmatch help it goes quickly from 20 to 45.
    --
    p.s. Preround - below 20 players - you have to press beyond the squad screen - where you pick a sqaud and incase we are the first 4 in the server make the 1st sqaud or not make a squad at all - that is what we do - then just press skip - if you just start the game and not go beyond the sqaud screen then you will be kicked for afk after 5minutes even when you are the only player in that server, but normally we just spawn in the uncap and hide a little from enemy snipers and we do that with the game windowed and 30 fps cap ( GameTime.MaxVariableFPS 30 ) , so the your gpu doesst have to work hard, you can go to bed or browse websites - if you make the bf1 window small enough - and then remove the 30fps and go fullscreen when the game really starts.