What do you consider to be an average score/min / skill?

Comments

• Maestro-FIN
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    avarage kd was around 1 in bf4 but might be bit highter in battlefield 1 because this is just easyer game, spm might be around 500 because the amount you get while capping is just so damm big.
    stats means nothing in bf tho but here is my:
    Score/min
    Kill Ratio
    Win Percent
    73.10%
    Skill
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    avarage kd was around 1 in bf4 but might be bit highter in battlefield 1 because this is just easyer game, spm might be around 500 because the amount you get while capping is just so damm big.
    Score/min
    Kill Ratio
    Win Percent
    73.10%
    Skill

Nice stats, infantry only?
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    http://www.purplemath.com/modules/meanmode.htm

Median is an average. (that's not a ratio either). It's the middle number. It's what would be the baseline. Mean, median, and modes are all three averages. Your using mean simply because it's the most common example of average in math.

Average is a synonym for the arithmetic mean. I was just using the casual term for it. And the median can be a ratio if the data set is a set of ratios. The median is just better in most cases since outlier data points (such as players who are professional or just K/D farmers) don't influence it as much as they affect the mean.
  • -Zetex2000-
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    K/D: 1.79
    S/M:791
    SKILL: ~350-460

If you take a look at battlefieldtracker.com, you will see hiw good you are compared to the world.
    The Skill is somehow weird. Vehicles doesnt bring it up very much i think. When i have like a 20 streak in tank or plane it barely gets better. I dont understand this figure in general. Its pretty imprecise
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If you take a look at battlefieldtracker.com, you will see hiw good you are compared to the world.
    The Skill is somehow weird. Vehicles doesnt bring it up very much i think. When i have like a 20 streak in tank or plane it barely gets better. I dont understand this figure in general. Its pretty imprecise

It's based on your performance.
    SPM 1000
    KPM 3
    K/D 5
    Is a perfect game acording to skill-calculator.
  • -Zetex2000-
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I think my stats are ok for ps4 :relieved:
    Only pc players here?
  • ProLegion_exor

I think my stats are ok for ps4 :relieved:
    Only pc players here?

I'm on PS4.
  • Maestro-FIN
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Score/min
    Kill Ratio
    Win Percent
    73.10%
    Skill

no 50/50 vehicles and inf, mostly vehicles lately tho
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017

You could go 20-0, but if you're score per minute and kills per minute are low, you're skill rating will only rise so high. The skill rating can also fluctuate quite a bit from game to game, which means a lot of players will dismiss it. In my experience though, it is a pretty good indicator of how good a player is.
  • ProLegion_exor
    Score/min
    Kill Ratio
    Win Percent
    73.10%
    Skill

no 50/50 vehicles and inf, mostly vehicles lately tho

Okey, so hard to find great infantry stats.
  • w0lf1986
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Infantry only
    Spm 830
    K/d 3.08
    Skil 450
  • 249SawTooStronk
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    http://www.purplemath.com/modules/meanmode.htm

Median is an average. (that's not a ratio either). It's the middle number. It's what would be the baseline. Mean, median, and modes are all three averages. Your using mean simply because it's the most common example of average in math.

Average is a synonym for the arithmetic mean. I was just using the casual term for it. And the median can be a ratio if the data set is a set of ratios. The median is just better in most cases since outlier data points (such as players who are professional or just K/D farmers) don't influence it as much as they affect the mean.

Which is why I prefer median to describe who would be an average player over taking the averages of all players ratios (which would still be a ratio). Let's take another example. Someone goes 4-1 against someone who goes 1-4. Does that mean that the average kd for that game will be 2.0??? Or can we look at that objectively, and believe that it will be settle out to a median around one since that is the kd ratio of the total if you took the ratio of the players. Now I don't have the math for bf1. Someone did actually find the median in bf4. Bf1 doesn't have the statistics available that bf4 did.
  • -Zetex2000-

You could go 20-0, but if you're score per minute and kills per minute are low, you're skill rating will only rise so high. The skill rating can also fluctuate quite a bit from game to game, which means a lot of players will dismiss it. In my experience though, it is a pretty good indicator of how good a player is.

My best skill was around 470, maybe 480.
    K/M is 1.38 which is not so perfect :(
    But since im on ps4 and bf1 is my first shooter there since bf4, which i never played that much, im pretty satisfied. However my best rounds are done with tank or plane.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/Rastaman193

I really dont understand how skill works.. Personally I think I'm a relatively good player but I think my skill rating says otherwise.
  • freekilz
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    1.46 KPM
    2.94 KD
    791 SPM
    473 Skill

i consider myself average, a average player can pull these stats no problem.
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see how posting ones stats discusses the point of this thread. Seems like a large meaningless circle jerk to me.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    I don't see how posting ones stats discusses the point of this thread. Seems like a large meaningless circle jerk to me.

Let's find an average without any numbers to base it off of then, you go first.
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sg2434 wrote: »

So base numbers off of a small sample size such as people who post on a forum? Flawed logic, man...Check BTR and your stats score/min and skill fall in the top 50% you are average in said category. This thread is a stealth brag post simple as that.
  • kagnv05aglp
    173 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Skill changes all the time. It will be 550 after one match 350 after another. Then 500 the next. It is dumb.
  • Castle_Grunwald
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sg2434 wrote: »

So base numbers off of a small sample size such as people who post on a forum? Flawed logic, man...Check BTR and your stats score/min and skill fall in the top 50% you are average in said category. This thread is a stealth brag post simple as that.

V2Face is correct. Just taking random stats on a forum isn't really helping. Obviously people posting are going to be those who are happy with their stats. They just want the excuse to post stats. This is just a big circle jerk. People posting their SPM and K/D doesn't help determine what the average SPM is. Just find someone with a 50% on battletracker, then post that. That has ALL the numbers. I've seen a few people with 49% - 51%, and from that I feel confident saying that it hovers around 640 SPM.

I don't know what the average skill is. It does seem to be pretty random. I don't think it bounces 200 points in a single match. Well, mine hasn't. I guess I'm consistent enough to keep it at relatively the same level if people are going up and down 200 points in a match. It might go up or down 100 over a week for me. Anyway, a friend of mine has a skill of 281, which places him at 52%. I'm guessing the average is around 290. Actually, my same friend has a SPM of 628 and is at 52%, which supports my earlier assertion.
This discussion has been closed.