SKILL GAP has gone.. this is why

12346»

Comments

• Mike_V1987
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    If a player is bad then he is bad regardless. I SAID that it helps people who are bad at aiming, and quite a bit in my opinion. If it was gone then people would actually have to learn how to aim and control their gun better, which is you know, a pretty big part of this game. Good players would thrive, bad players would suck even more.
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree on some of your points, and disagree on others. The behemoth, aim-assist, and other noob-friendly features are quite annoying. I've been killed quite a few times by noobs due to this stuff. However, noobs normally don't do well in the end. Skilled players know how to play the objective. I won't say I'm an expert at the game, but I've got quite a few hours in it so far, so let me tell you what experience can teach you. Yesterday I was walking upon a building on Amiens. There were about 6 enemies with their back turned towards me entering the door. A noob would have started blindly firing and maybe gotten 1 or 2 kills. Me? I waited for them all to be in a nearly single-file line and mowed 5 of them down with the hellriegal, and ran inside to get the other. And as far as COD, I used to be a heavy COD gamer before all the futuristic crap. I can tell you that if you aren't skilled in those games, you will get wrecked there, too. Skill in a game is what makes it fun. If you're just dying left and right from randon bullets and explosions, what's the point? Obviously this is going to happen in a war-game, but a lot of it is setting yourself up to be in the right position.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mike_V1987 wrote: »
    If a player is bad then he is bad regardless. I SAID that it helps people who are bad at aiming, and quite a bit in my opinion. If it was gone then people would actually have to learn how to aim and control their gun better, which is you know, a pretty big part of this game. Good players would thrive, bad players would suck even more.

Then possibly it's your use of hyperbole and exaggeration that is confusing the discussion.

Your argument should be, "the skill gap has lessened" not "gone".

It's a common thing people do on the internet. Make a claim, over exaggerate, use absolutes, and then slowly back-peddle to a more reasonable stance post the numerous people citing how ridiculous the literal stance was.
  • Mike_V1987
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    I am not backpeddling on my stance that aim assist helps bad players do better. Because it very much does, that's why its there.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Any skilled player with an open mind can tell you aim assist is overrated. Yes, it can help. Yes, you as a skilled player can die directly as a result of someone's bad aim being adjust by aim assist to end up on you. BUT it doesn't make you a better player. On the contrary it makes you worse. So in my opinion let people use aim assist, easier for those of us who can have pinpoint aim.
  • Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    I agree skill gap has well and truly gone in this game. Everyone runs about like blue **** flies shooting 1 person then dieing. Unless you are in a op invincible tank.
  • V4LI4NT
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RIP BF1
  • w0lf1986
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you are a casual player then you will need aim assist. If you claim to be a competitive and you use aim assist I feel bad for you. Especially when private servers come around I would expect a server setting for turning aim assist off during competitive matches. In the long run it will put you at a disadvantage.