He tripmine?

KakeHC
1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Who uses it?

Anyone think its good? And you only get 1 of those...

Nerfed to hell and back and only 1 tripmine.

Comments

• Green_eyed_medic
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    HE tripmine
    Pros- immediate enemy death (If he's hurt)
    Cons- only get one, might cause unwanted destruction in the area

Inc. tripmine
    Pros- Get two
    Causes enemy to panic
    Better indicator
    Leave an area of denial for the enemy
    More likely to get multiple targets

Cons- easier to get hurt by it
    Causes area of denial for yourself
    Enemy is more likely to kill you if he knows how to hard counter it well

Ah well, I guess one more would be nice. 100% guarantee tripmine kill is just BS and I never believed that should be a thing in any BF game (unfortunately it was). Getting another one for the HE is fine, or just removing one from Inc. either way goes.

Now who seriously uses gas tripmines? :')
  • neoge0
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Green_eyed_medic with 2 HE trip wire mines players would just line them up and get insta kills with it.

I've already seen it paired up with AT mines and it is no joke

1 HE TW is fine
  • Green_eyed_medic
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    neoge0 wrote: »
    @Green_eyed_medic with 2 HE trip wire mines players would just line them up and get insta kills with it.

I've already seen it paired up with AT mines and it is no joke

1 HE TW is fine

That's true, what if they blew up both at once and somehow can on count as one explosion? 80 damage. Still that's what I do with Inc mines, but I make some one panic dash into the next one.
  • disposalist
    8298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I doing HE trips just for the service star at the mo, but I can't imagine taking it instead of the incendiary after that.

The incendiary already has the advantage of pretty much forcing players to the ground for an easy kill. The HE gives instant 80 damage, but the enemy is also instantly ready to shoot you.

If there were two, I'd consider it, but with one? Nah.
  • MAADDEE
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HE trip is fine.
    Having 2 inc are not. You should only have one from it too.
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MAADDEE wrote: »
    HE trip is fine.

Its inferior to inc and only one. Having only 1 just feels useless tho.

I have been using k bullets now in any map where are vehicles.
  • WE_BE_KILLING_UM
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HE trip is fine.

or use the glitch in the game were you can be a scout with a ammo pouch and have unlimited mines. no I wont tell you how, figure it out for yourself.
  • TamKingski
    1721 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HE trip is fine.

or use the glitch in the game were you can be a scout with a ammo pouch and have unlimited mines. no I wont tell you how, figure it out for yourself.

Please dont alude to using exploits so the poster goes and looks and possibly abuses said exploit.
    If you know of an exploit and instead of reporting it to dice you purposefully abuse it then you deserve to be banned in my opinion.
  • lessthanjake123
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm a big fan of the incendiary trip wire. Mostly because you get two of them instead of one.

With that said, does anyone know how much damage HE trip wires do to tanks? It might be a nice trap for tanks if it does a lot. But if it doesn't do much, then you probably might as well use incendiary trip wires, since they actually do okay damage to tanks.
  • TamKingski
    1721 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a big fan of the incendiary trip wire. Mostly because you get two of them instead of one.

With that said, does anyone know how much damage HE trip wires do to tanks? It might be a nice trap for tanks if it does a lot. But if it doesn't do much, then you probably might as well use incendiary trip wires, since they actually do okay damage to tanks.

Thats a gd question,im not sure if tanks can even trigger the tripmines. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will enlighten us both.
  • WE_BE_KILLING_UM
    TamKingski wrote: »
    HE trip is fine.

Please dont alude to using exploits so the poster goes and looks and possibly abuses said exploit.
    If you know of an exploit and instead of reporting it to dice you purposefully abuse it then you deserve to be banned in my opinion.

I have reported it twice once before and once after patch.
  • TamKingski
    TamKingski wrote: »
    HE trip is fine.

I have reported it twice once before and once after patch.

Then please refrain from encouraging others to abuse this/any exploits and if you are continuing to abuse this/any bugs then my opinion remains the same,you deserve a ban.
  • Youratv
    805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Tripmines damage tanks. Enough damage to force it to move as the driver probably won't understand why their taking damage.
  • TamKingski
    Youratv wrote: »
    Tripmines damage tanks. Enough damage to force it to move as the drive probably won't understand why their taking damage.

Gd to know,thx.
  • WE_BE_KILLING_UM
    Youratv wrote: »
    Tripmines damage tanks. Enough damage to force it to move as the driver probably won't understand why their taking damage.

I did not know that, and if I was taking damage and there was no one around me I would move and try to figure out why.
  • Youratv
    805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes you would, then i would throw smoke at you :)
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not even a guaranteed kill if it goes off and, while I appreciate I might be putting them in bad places (I assumed doorways and across alleys was good) they don't seem to be very useful. I have more kills with the Spotting Flare :D
  • Youratv
    edited January 2017
    I run the inc tripmines and spot flares. Not door ways man. The trick is to place them somewhere opposite of you and then force a player into the area by shooting them or by making it your retreat path and baiting players to chase you. It's a whole seperate mini game to me.
  • WE_BE_KILLING_UM
    Sindari wrote: »
    Not even a guaranteed kill if it goes off and, while I appreciate I might be putting them in bad places (I assumed doorways and across alleys was good) they don't seem to be very useful. I have more kills with the Spotting Flare :D

you have 10 and I have 8 damm lol
  • Hawxxeye
    4411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    The HE tripmine is superior if you plan to stand around and record the ragdoll of the enemy victim as it is sent flying
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!