Dear Santa...aka Dice (Suggestions for an eSports friendly future)

Comments

• BF_Bouns
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Hell PC gamers agree since all that stuff is on the needs to be here list for servers.

Hello @NetRngr
    I m on contact with a lot of clan leaders on ps4 and X1 ( France / Belgie / Suisse / Quebec Canada ). I had ask " what s the best way for esport on BF1 ?? "
    I m not a PC gamer, i don t know what think the eSport PC Community.
    But i m happy to see that " We are the same Community on BF, We are the #BestCommunity "

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hell PC gamers agree since all that stuff is on the needs to be here list for servers.

Hello @NetRngr
    I m on contact with a lot of clan leaders on ps4 and X1 ( France / Belgie / Suisse / Quebec Canada ). I had ask " what s the best way for esport on BF1 ?? "
    But i m happy to see that " We are the same Community on BF, We are the #BestCommunity "

Well to be honest your list is pretty inclusive. It would be the same on PC. The servers from what I understand are going to have the same options available. That's part of the reason we lost 3rd party providers for that "uniform experience". Pretty sure you are aware, and dont take this wrong its not meant as an insult, dumbing down a PC version of the game to console level is beyond dumb. You should of course give the same options server wise but PCs have much more refined input devices and a lot more horsepower for processing data that a console. Also it gives people other things to complain about fairly or unfairly ie aim assist etc.
    PC eSports revolve mainly around DOTA and League of Legends and stuff like that from what I've seen but you raise some interesting questions. Let me look into it a bit and maybe I can provide some insight.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Hello @NetRngr

This is a list of what has been and is played in PC based eSports.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_eSports_games

Completely forgot WoT and Warthunder etc. The ESL holds a lot of tournaments for things that aren't the norm.
  • CodeName_Deus
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Appreciate everyone who's contributed here. Don't forget to post your eSports related suggestions as well here if they aren't on the list.
  • ViCiOuZ_edmay020
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ill would like to see Conquest Small just like they do it in Bf4 + i hope they can add a option to bann spectators :smiley:
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I Fantastic list Deus! One thing I'd like to see is an actual game mode built around 5vs5 game play. Something along the lines of squad rush from BF3.
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2017
    we need competetive mode/s included into vanilla,(free update) not as part of paid DLC
    something like Friday Night DICE Cups would be amazing, with few battlepacks as a prize

btw any1 knows what happend to Peter´s Moore EA esports division?
    polygon.com/2015/12/10/9888556/ea-competitive-gaming-division-esports-peter-moore
    Post edited by kL-SnAjP on
  • papibaltimore
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    9LorD & TeamLIT back this.
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    we realy need it too
  • CodeName_Deus
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For those who don't follow the devs on twitter. Here you can provide feedback directly to one of the Producers regarding server options:
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    thats just stalling tactics again, they have procon developer in the house + several dozen pages of questions/feedback here on the forum
    its more than a stalling actually, its a slap to the face
  • Obliviate1982
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    E-sports tourneys and EA/DICE (if they even bother getting involved) have been focusing on the wrong game modes for comp play. Comp play should consist of 10v10 conquest battles, but in order for that to succeed we need......

1, the most important, a variant of CQ assault with both teams bases being able to be captured for a cap out needs to be implemented. (if you have never played battlefield before bfbc2, see battlefield 2's CQ system with no safe spaces)

2, all vehicles including air vehicles need to spawn on the map, tanks and cars/bikes cavalry at strategic flags and planes at base runway without the ability to spawn directly into them.

3, 16, 32 and 64p size variants of all maps with different flag placement and vehicle quantity according to size needs to be implemented

4, A return to the old style of ticket bleed, lose a ticket for spawning and ticket bleed speed based on the amount of flags held

5, Obviously server settings need be up to scratch with previous procon installations,but making an e-sports setting in procon or whatever DICE set up with options such as,

- only one type of primary weapon being available to all classes to keep even playing field
    - mondragon storm, medpack and syringe for medic
    - mp19 base model, c4 and anti vehicle gun for assault
    - lewis machine gun, ammo packs and spanner or anti tank mines for support
    - obviously no one uses sniper in comp ever since forever so we wont worry about that
    - standard frag grenade for all classes

-squad leader only spawn

-no vehicle self repair, plane flies slowly or multiple times over runway in base for repairs

-no pilot or driver class, support becomes the vehicle class due to having spanner so is basically the engy.

-no sentry pickup

-no behemoth

-ticket variations

-map and server restarts

-join by ip or password

-remove 3rd person vehicle cam and just have a rear view cam instead, keep free look for planes

more options will obviously be needed but this is just off top of my head.

5, a quickplay pug system similar to overwatch and its rating system for casual comp play.

I am aware many of the settings i have listed the OP has too, im just pushing for a decent version of CQ reminiscent of older titles that flourished for many years competitively, unlike recent iterations of the franchise which have been very lacklustre in terms of e-sports following.

Post edited by Obliviate1982 on
  • kL-SnAjP
    @Ninjaweedman
    if we gonna dream a bit and expect some LANs down the road, we will have to scratch 10x10 hell even 8x8. There is just no way some1 would invest money into such large scale LAN tournaments. And BOYC times are long gone. Yes it wount be "battlefield" anymore, but we can still have some fun with it.
    So we are down to 5x5 modes. If we remove domination bullsh** we are left with nonexisting modes again. CQ small and SQR worked decently in bf3.
    Whatever mode dice gonna pick, it will have to be implemented into vanila bf1 as a FREE UPDATE
  • Obliviate1982
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »
    @Ninjaweedman
    if we gonna dream a bit and expect some LANs down the road, we will have to scratch 10x10 hell even 8x8. There is just no way some1 would invest money into such large scale LAN tournaments. And BOYC times are long gone. Yes it wount be "battlefield" anymore, but we can still have some fun with it.
    So we are down to 5x5 modes. If we remove domination bullsh** we are left with nonexisting modes again. CQ small and SQR worked decently in bf3.
    Whatever mode dice gonna pick, it will have to be implemented into vanila bf1 as a FREE UPDATE

i understand where you are coming from and totally agree with this needing to be implemented as a free update to vanilla.

battlefield comp has been done before on a much larger scale than bf3 or any later iterations were, for many years (7 years of international bf2 and 2142 alone), I don't see why it isn't able to be done again especially with much much more money and time being invested into e-sport compared to 10 years ago.

bf is a massively different game than cs, and overwatch (pretty much the only fps's played competitively). Battlefields strength and only stregth in comp play lies in the fact that is it a larger scale game than them all put together and CQ is the only point of difference game mode in comparison as the other modes are too similar to its competitors. I do not see any problems with it being played with twice as many players.

It is also fun to watch CQ 10v10 comp play when you are also a BF player, I found squad rush very boring to watch and lacking tactics.
  • kL-SnAjP
    becouse
    smaller player base - a lot less teams compared to bf2 times + teams gonna have issues holding 10+ members together. EA will never invest enough money to get even close to Valve, Riot, Blizzard etc.
    + Planes would be too op in 10x10, there are no lockons anymore.
  • Obliviate1982
    edited January 2017
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »
    becouse
    smaller player base - a lot less teams compared to bf2 times + teams gonna have issues holding 10+ members together. EA will never invest enough money to get even close to Valve, Riot, Blizzard etc.
    + Planes would be too op in 10x10, there are no lockons anymore.
    As for teams, give them a good platform for competitive play and they will come in droves. there is no point in investing millions of dollars into comp until you have a solid platform to be competitive on, which EA is capable of doing for BF1 with minimal cost.

attack planes for either side would be fine, remeber, comp players are much more aware than pub players and will have no trouble taking out an above average pilot, there are aa emplacements, small arms fire, tanks (including aa truck which would be a given for use on maps using planes), if planes become too much of a problem in 10v10 the only way to nerf them would be to get rid of 3dspotting opting for 2d minimap spot . I don't think use of bomber or fighter should be sanctioned in comp play, too many variables. attack helis were used on a few maps in bf2 for 10v10 and they never dominated due to AA tank but were crucial for victory

I don't pretend to know your battlefield competitive history but i have been there and done it at quite a high level myself (despite being an average player my team/squad skills are above average), I know through years of playing, learning and discussing with some of the best players In the world who have designed some literally brilliant strats and wins for bf2 pro-mod at high competitive levels of play.

Post edited by Obliviate1982 on
  • kL-SnAjP
    @Ninjaweedman
    dont get me wrong, i am up for anything esports like (as long as its not domination)
    it would be amazing if EA/DICEs community manager, if they still have one, stopped by and shared some future plans.
  • Striterax
    17 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE
    Hey! Thanks for the post, just want to let you know I appreciate the input and feedback, a lot of the suggestions are making its way to BF1, some sooner than others, I hope that in a few patches from now we get most of them released.

Best regards
  • pachurricatan
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Great ideas ! Make Battlefield 1 a competitive game :D

Thanks 4 the answer.

Yes we try to have a better game play experience.
  • pachurricatan
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Striterax wrote: »
    Hey! Thanks for the post, just want to let you know I appreciate the input and feedback, a lot of the suggestions are making its way to BF1, some sooner than others, I hope that in a few patches from now we get most of them released.

Best regards

Hi,

I hope so 2.