Why isn't shooting while jumping, a thing?

lolomawisoft
13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
since it's logic that you should be able to pull the trigger while jumping, why isnt it a thing in this game?
it tries to be correct in so many ways and i just keep seeing it being wrong on so many more important points and this is the one i think of the most when i play.
There are alot of things i would have like to be different(like bc3 and not bf1#missmy50cal)
But i like the game and its a good play for some time but with the single player being more like cods and the multiplayer narrowing in, i would like to atleast be able to shoot while jumping :neutral:
sry for my perfect english
love

Comments

• OGLSpade
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    You go to a gun range, get a full auto rifle, jump and shoot at a target, then come back and tell me how it went.
  • w0lf1986
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jump shooting is dumb. Do you want a jet pack next?
  • jdny1388
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You complain about it becoming like cod and ask for jump shooting? I can't even with these people..
  • lolomawisoft
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i went to shooting for 8 years i done terran shooting and yes i jumped while shooting, atleast with 32. sigsaurs. you can feel the pressure in your shoulder and its not something you would try and master but its fun and chance is an element i love.
    so
    again this is my opinion and i thank you for yours
  • wrghjkv
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I guess this man loves omg 360 no scope cod things.
  • lolomawisoft
    yes, yes i do
  • GrimesSU
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i went to shooting for 8 years i done terran shooting and yes i jumped while shooting, atleast with 32. sigsaurs. you can feel the pressure in your shoulder and its not something you would try and master but its fun and chance is an element i love.
    so

2S9jDKm.png?1
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    so

Let me guess, you held the gun sideways....
  • lolomawisoft
    feQgf7M.jpg
    GrimesSU wrote: »
    so

2S9jDKm.png?1
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    so

Let me guess, you held the gun sideways....

• lolomawisoft
    when you stand up and shoot the gun is held along the body and not out from the body...
    back to jumping while shooting, its a niche and not something to start a riot over i rather know why this game is not implementing it when it tries to be realistic, it keeps feeling more and more chained up like you arnt allowed to do much with movement except for the vaulting mechanic.
  • Frankenstein68
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    since it's logic that you should be able to pull the trigger while jumping, why isnt it a thing in this game?
    it tries to be correct in so many ways and i just keep seeing it being wrong on so many more important points and this is the one i think of the most when i play.
    There are alot of things i would have like to be different(like bc3 and not bf1#missmy50cal)
    But i like the game and its a good play for some time but with the single player being more like cods and the multiplayer narrowing in, i would like to atleast be able to shoot while jumping :neutral:
    sry for my perfect english
    love
    They already have a game for that; it’s called “Halo”....
  • lolomawisoft
    uhm this is battlefield we are talking about. But thanks for the sugestion, i have played a ton of halo and i liked the odst series but i rather play battlefield 1 over reach :D
    anyways no one knows why jumping and shooting isnt a thing?

• Zombified_Medic
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I had to guess, I'd say DICE doesn't want their game to be a pogo shooter.
  • OGLSpade
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's really hard to hit the target while jumping, and in a real battle you don't see soldiers jumping all over the place while shooting, they are behind cover so they don't get shot in the face, just because you used guns for 8 years doesn't mean you been in a real battle, when you are in a real battle go try shooting a target while jumping, then I would say let me know how it goes, but you would probably be dead for being such a big target to the enemies, they would be like "this guy thinks it's call of duty, just shoot him"
  • lolomawisoft

i don't see people calling cs a pogo shooter.
    OGLSpade wrote: »
    It's really hard to hit the target while jumping, and in a real battle you don't see soldiers jumping all over the place while shooting, they are behind cover so they don't get shot in the face, just because you used guns for 8 years doesn't mean you been in a real battle, when you are in a real battle go try shooting a target while jumping, then I would say let me know how it goes, but you would probably be dead for being such a big target to the enemies, they would be like "this guy thinks it's call of duty, just shoot him"

okay let me revise my question then, not that i dont like your answer its actually quite good. But what about falling like going over an edge, and you see an enemy below the moment you jump out over it, then are you gonna wait till you hit the ground and hope you can stand or lay down quickly without him shooting you while falling or will you take the shot mid air?
  • OGLSpade

i don't see people calling cs a pogo shooter.
    OGLSpade wrote: »

okay let me revise my question then, not that i dont like your answer its actually quite good. But what about falling like going over an edge, and you see an enemy below the moment you jump out over it, then are you gonna wait till you hit the ground and hope you can stand or lay down quickly without him shooting you while falling or will you take the shot mid air?

Then that's not jumping while shooting, that's vaulting while shooting.
  • lolomawisoft
    It's okay i get it. BUT ill keep my to the last breath.
    1. Leaping upward or over something.
    2. Reaching too far; exaggerated: his vaulting ambition.
    3. Employed in jumping over something: a vaulting pole.
    source free dictionary

Your move
    grabs popcorn
  • Frankenstein68
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    uhm this is battlefield we are talking about. But thanks for the sugestion, i have played a ton of halo and i liked the odst series but i rather play battlefield 1 over reach :D
    anyways no one knows why jumping and shooting isnt a thing?

I’d say because one of the best way to ruin emersion in this game would be having a bunch of bunny hoppers jumping around. It’s a stupid looking mechanic and it completely ruins the feel of the game.

The twitching from side to side to avoid being shot is bad enough. When I see people doing it (attempting to bunny hop) in games like this, all I can think is “What an a**hole....”.

If you want it, play Halo or CoD:IW.
  • lolomawisoft
    edited January 2017

I’d say because one of the best way to ruin emersion in this game would be having a bunch of bunny hoppers jumping around. It’s a stupid looking mechanic and it completely ruins the feel of the game.

The twitching from side to side to avoid being shot is bad enough. When I see people doing it (attempting to bunny hop) in games like this, all I can think is “What an a**hole....”.

If you want it, play Halo or CoD:IW.

again thanks for the recommendations, again been there done that.

okay let me blow your mind. you ready
    people in bf1
    follow me
    are gods of the battlefield that can selfishly change their looks and skills at a vift of their hand.
    They even control the power over life and decide them self when time for them to be or not to be is.
    my immersion broke the moment i saw a man flying in mid air, or when the two planes just stood still in the air for a fewseconds just looking at each other then proceding to fly on, my immersion broke when the giant airship landed in my face and the only thing i felt was a slight shiver cuz my window was open.

again .
    love
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No thx. The straffing is already COD-esque and severely increased compared to previous BF games, I don't want to see bunny hoppers on top of that.

See: