Cheating - Am I not paying attention, or people are just terribly paranoid?

Comments

• Mediffs
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No wonder I haven't noticed more than a couple of obvious cheaters. Those guys in the screenshots are nothing but cannon fodder. Even with their cheats. lol
  • TheNorthFIN
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not saying there aren't any cheaters, but I haven't seen any obvious ones myself. At all. Maybe they're crafty or subtle, but to date I haven't met anyone who I could've honestly reported for cheating. Fishy and strange? Yes, definitely, but even I get hackusations even when my K/D and score say I'm not even the best player on the server.
    Is it a case of paranoia or am I just lucky? How do you tell someone is cheating? I've seen some very, very obvious and some very suspicious players that later were proven to be cheaters, but not so in BF1, so far.
  • Syntse
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Is it a case of paranoia or am I just lucky? How do you tell someone is cheating? I've seen some very, very obvious and some very suspicious players that later were proven to be cheaters, but not so in BF1, so far.

First you get suspicious by someone shooting you with lmg or smg from far enough that not every shot should hit based on the spread alone but they still do or that you have went around all the enemies hid in some place and wait for your squad to spawn to you and yet someone snipes you that shouldn't theoretically even consider looking to that direction or someone just straight walks to your hiding place and shoots you. Not to mention you get hit multiple times in quick succession by weapon that doesn't have that fire rate.
    Of course some of these cases could be explained by lag, however once they happen more than once or twice and it makes you wonder. At this point I personally leave the game and enter the server in spectator mode and start spectating these people to see if my suspicions were right sometimes things happening was just my imagination and I can return the server to game and sometimes they still seem fishy and I continue to spectate until I'm certain if it's really fishy or not. Once certain that hacks are used I file a report.
  • Mediffs
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Syntse wrote: »

First you get suspicious by someone shooting you with lmg or smg from far enough that not every shot should hit based on the spread alone but they still do or that you have went around all the enemies hid in some place and wait for your squad to spawn to you and yet someone snipes you that shouldn't theoretically even consider looking to that direction or someone just straight walks to your hiding place and shoots you. Not to mention you get hit multiple times in quick succession by weapon that doesn't have that fire rate.
    Of course some of these cases could be explained by lag, however once they happen more than once or twice and it makes you wonder. At this point I personally leave the game and enter the server in spectator mode and start spectating these people to see if my suspicions were right sometimes things happening was just my imagination and I can return the server to game and sometimes they still seem fishy and I continue to spectate until I'm certain if it's really fishy or not. Once certain that hacks are used I file a report.

Rarely in this game you can be absolutely certain that no one knows where you are hiding. I've been accused of cheating several times just for simply watching from range and following someone into their secret hideout. I understand If it happens repeatedly in remote locations, then it would get me suspicious too.
  • Syntse
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mediffs wrote: »
    Rarely in this game you can be absolutely certain that no one knows where you are hiding. I've been accused of cheating several times just for simply watching from range and following someone into their secret hideout. I understand If it happens repeatedly in remote locations, then it would get me suspicious too.

Of course repeatedly and by the same person. Something happening once rarely triggers me and of course I'm not yelling cheats right away, I will spectate for further proof if there is any.
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2017
    imho: people that didnt invest/waste enough hours into the game + didnt reach "certain" skill level should be self aware, that they cant recognize cheaters and differ em from skilled players (appart from rage hackers ofcourse)
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13709 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited January 2017
    @banger162nd

Rules must be adhered to regardless of whether or not you agree with them.

Your job here is to report cheaters that have gone under the radar with proof.

My job here is not anticheat, my job here is to ensure you and everybody else follows the rules.

• Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Your job here is to report cheaters that have gone under the radar with proof.

It's beyond absurd that the 'job' of the game players is to prove that someone else is cheating, rather than.. you know.. the game doing that.

It would be laughable if not for being a sad reality.
  • banger162nd
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    to get proof, you need to take screenshot / exit game, remember the last server you was on, if you can remember that, the go to origin, type there name in ( if you spelt it right & can remember it), then look for small icon on screen to say report. cheater. make no sense what so ever. And no body will used that it to much bother.
  • stuz10k
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »
    @stuz10k
    just a theretical question: what if i create an acount, on that cheating forum, with acount name of any1, lets say stuz10k (if taken than stuz11k) and ask some dumb question there? than sync it with bf1 stats and post it back here?
    As long as we dont have access to IP adresses to compare em, those same name acounts dont have to be related at all.
    Just saying
    + if cheaters are so stupid, than they are not dangerous at all and this "piece of sh**" ff anticheat gonna catch em really fast

Not sure if you're trying to protect someone or even yourself, in all fairness.
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2017
    @stuz10k
    in all fairness i am kinda pissed at ff atm
    but, can you prove my "statement" is wrong? you are comparing easily fakeable data
  • TEC4Roe
    17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Video of an ESP cheater. Watch in HD and look at the map. He sees unspotted enemies behind rocks and yet he targets them way before moving to their locations and rounding corners. He may also be aimbotting, but that's not as easy to confirm in this particular video, especially with BF1's spectate system being buggy or laggy with some sounds, animations, or characters not activating properly.

It's almost like a sixth sense. When you have decade plus of FPS experience, it becomes pretty obvious when someone is cheating in your match. But, of course, you'd want to collect evidence, at least for yourself, because it's clear to me now that EA DOES NOT WATCH ANY OF THE VIDEO EVIDENCE I SUPPLIED. So, I keep it for my own records, just to keep tabs on what kind of cheats people are using and what to look for.

That said, I would say that I've only spotted about 6 cheaters in around 200 hours of play, all of which I have videos for. I play mostly on the North American East servers, which are pretty good for having mostly legitimate players, and not just in this game.

As for the unnamed/non-shamed cheater above, plenty of people probably reported him and he either got a temp ban for a couple of weeks (if BattlefieldTracker is sort of working properly, since the way it records sessions is buggy) or he was never banned at all and he just had a 'session' 30 minutes ago (or again, BT is just bugged and grouping all the past week's sessions into a single day) where his KDR was around 5.

Russian 1895 Sniper: 2000 kills, 1300 headshots. GG buddy. You so good.

Also, I found his Steam page where he was VAC banned around the same time.

And yet, he's still allowed to play, ruining experiences for legitimate players.

Thankfully, cheaters are usually dumb as ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and easy to spot. So just disconnect and go to another server.

So yes OP, they do exist. Some are just less obvious than others because they have experience with hiding them.

Edit: Actually, most of the people I reported were never banned.
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    FPSgamer69 wrote: »
    Hacker at work.

Also, name & shame.

yeah lets protect them.

its not protecting its just aganst rules.

still....then it is a wrong rule.
    laws change all the time
  • kL-SnAjP
    @TEC4Roe
    thats so insanly mechanical gameplay and aiming, i would think skynet is finally alive :D
  • Tor_the_cute
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i would still say planes are doing more damage to hurt the game-play the a single cheater.. :P
    But in all seriousness here.. Are u guys relay seeing that many cheaters in this game? I have still only seen three CLEAR cheater.
    If there where anybody else, they would be so bad i did'nt notice them ,, :)

Planes are bad especially when cheater is in one as they do not need anyone to spot targets for them or spot themselves, they just drop the bombs and rack up those kills. Good players most likely will not notice cheaters except the really obvious ones as they outgun them anyway. Just yesterday when I started thinking that there might be cheaters again online on the server I played in and went to spectate. Spectated quite a few matches and in the end had identified 4 cheaters where one was really blatant, one possible cheater quit immediately when I started spectating so cannot tell about that.

U might be right.. Get call cheater at least once a night (LOL)
    but the spectating and reporting system is to much of a "drag " that I don't bother with it.
  • Tor_the_cute
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TEC4Roe wrote: »
    Video of an ESP cheater. Watch in HD and look at the map. He sees unspotted enemies behind rocks and yet he targets them way before moving to their locations and rounding corners. He may also be aimbotting, but that's not as easy to confirm in this particular video, especially with BF1's spectate system being buggy or laggy with some sounds, animations, or characters not activating properly.

It's almost like a sixth sense. When you have decade plus of FPS experience, it becomes pretty obvious when someone is cheating in your match. But, of course, you'd want to collect evidence, at least for yourself, because it's clear to me now that EA DOES NOT WATCH ANY OF THE VIDEO EVIDENCE I SUPPLIED. So, I keep it for my own records, just to keep tabs on what kind of cheats people are using and what to look for.

That said, I would say that I've only spotted about 6 cheaters in around 200 hours of play, all of which I have videos for. I play mostly on the North American East servers, which are pretty good for having mostly legitimate players, and not just in this game.

As for the unnamed/non-shamed cheater above, plenty of people probably reported him and he either got a temp ban for a couple of weeks (if BattlefieldTracker is sort of working properly, since the way it records sessions is buggy) or he was never banned at all and he just had a 'session' 30 minutes ago (or again, BT is just bugged and grouping all the past week's sessions into a single day) where his KDR was around 5.

Russian 1895 Sniper: 2000 kills, 1300 headshots. GG buddy. You so good.

Also, I found his Steam page where he was VAC banned around the same time.

And yet, he's still allowed to play, ruining experiences for legitimate players.

Thankfully, cheaters are usually dumb as **** and easy to spot. So just disconnect and go to another server.

So yes OP, they do exist. Some are just less obvious than others because they have experience with hiding them.

Edit: Actually, most of the people I reported were never banned.

ESP?
    Annywhore, that's a cheater right there.
    To bad u cant give out names .. but i understand the reason why :)
  • Rapwnzel2000
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TEC4Roe wrote: »
    Video of an ESP cheater. ...
    (if BattlefieldTracker is sort of working properly, since the way it records sessions is buggy) or he was never banned at all and he just had a 'session' 30 minutes ago (or again, BT is just bugged and grouping all the past week's sessions into a single day) where his KDR was around 5.
    Tracker seems bugged. For about week i always seem to have the luck meeting people who are one shot killing tanks and planes. I log in, get in a tank or plane, die some seconds later and log out. BT shows sessions 30 min+. It also shows a session from today and had enough of this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 2 days ago.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    to get proof, you need to take screenshot / exit game, remember the last server you was on, if you can remember that, the go to origin, type there name in ( if you spelt it right & can remember it), then look for small icon on screen to say report. cheater. make no sense what so ever. And no body will used that it to much bother.

If you're just looking to report a cheater, then you can do that in game by:

- Pressing ESC
    - Select Scoreboard
    - Left click on player and then view profile
    - Click the drop down menu (Request friend is the default selection from memory)
    - Select Report User
    - Fill out the simple form and submit

Done.

If you want to actually record evidence, I usually have Fraps running mainly just to show my FPS, but it's good for video/screenshots too.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you're just looking to report a cheater, then you can do that in game by:

- Pressing ESC
    - Select Scoreboard
    - Left click on player and then view profile

Quite a few of us have origin in-game turned off, so it's a bigger pain to do a report. And now, according to the mods, we need to 'prove' the person we're reporting is cheating, so now we're not just the victims but the police as well. And even then, the cheater may not get busted, and even if they do, they won't get a perma-ban.. and on and on in this completely screwed up and useless system. Then - at the end of it all, the person that you reported cheating (despite overwhelming statistical evidence and/or video evidence) may not get sanctioned at all.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a multiplayer game.
  • I-ron1n-I
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As much as there are always hordes of people yelling out false hackusations (because they're bad) I can attest to the fact that the cheating problem on Australian servers (especially after about 11pm when the chinese players get on) is very frustrating.

Last night I joined a total of 10 different servers over my evenings play. I had to leave 6 of those because of aimbotters. Not 'oh maybe he is, maybe he isn't' I mean blatant as hell, running around doing 360's going 100-2 with an LMG aimbotters.

Getting to the point I can't even be bothered any more. Just completely saps my will to play.
This discussion has been closed.