Realism Increased With This Change?

THAGURT
418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited January 2017
I believe that when a vehicle is damaged that vehicles max health should go down. For example tank gets hit and goes to 50 health and then sits in the back and repairs itself back to full health. Its full health now goes down to 80. Same tank gets critically hit again and repairs. Its full health is now 60.

Would like to see the same type of thing happen with infantry health regeneration without using med pack. This would make the medic class stronger than it currently is so to balance this put a time restraint on how often you can be healed and make that time increase if you are healing yourself with med packs.

Would love to hear opinions on this change. If nothing changes I will still continue to play/love this game so this isnt a change this because I'm mad and will quit otherwise thread.
Post edited by THAGURT on

Comments

• KorpusDraige
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe for a new game mode. I don't see a problem with the current model, if people actually just play the game and use teamwork.
  • R-Shot-You
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like the idea, and would love to try it out. But honestly think it will never happen.

Too many vehiclecampers will be against it. And as you said eveyone will end up playing medic.

Would rather see it where you can't heal yourself as medic at all or not as quick as you can heal others. So you are depending on other medic playing their role. Which will overall encourage them all to do it. Same for the ammo as support.
  • THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Maybe for a new game mode. I don't see a problem with the current model, if people actually just play the game and use teamwork.

No reason even a great pilot such as yourself should have the ability to get 70+ kills in a match in one vehicle. Vehicles ability to kill from range with fewer threats make them perfect for better players to abuse less skill/experienced players.
    R-Shot-You wrote: »
    I like the idea, and would love to try it out. But honestly think it will never happen.

Too many vehiclecampers will be against it. And as you said eveyone will end up playing medic.

Would rather see it where you can't heal yourself as medic at all or not as quick as you can heal others. So you are depending on other medic playing their role. Which will overall encourage them all to do it. Same for the ammo as support.

The truth hurts. Skilled players in a vehicle are taking the will to play away from less skilled players. Its easy to say "hey send like two squads of guys with rockets and tank nades after me on that hill and you will kill me no problem, vehicles are in a great place" but what they are really thinking "this crap is to easy and that will almost never happen so Im free to noob farm most games"
  • KorpusDraige
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    THAGURT wrote: »

No reason even a great pilot such as yourself should have the ability to get 70+ kills in a match in one vehicle. Vehicles ability to kill from range with fewer threats make them perfect for better players to abuse less skill/experienced players.

When there's pressure on the pilot and teamwork no great vehicle player can go that high. It is why in scrims you never see scores that high. It only takes skill and teamwork. If I practice or rather if anyone practiced to be good, why shouldn't their skill shine?
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I don't agree with this. Hardcore is here for this. Also he wouldn't get 70+ kills if people weren't too scrubby to shoot him down. That's not his fault.
  • THAGURT

I don't agree with this. Hardcore is here for this. Also he wouldn't get 70+ kills if people weren't too scrubby to shoot him down. That's not his fault.

In no way would this make great players terrible this would make it to where the resources and time spent trying to take a vehicle out wasnt nullified by the driver of said vehicle leaving the combat area and healing.
  • KorpusDraige

In no way would this make great players terrible this would make it to where the resources and time spent trying to take a vehicle out wasnt nullified by the driver of said vehicle leaving the combat area and healing.

The problem isn't the health of the vehicle though, it is the players. As I've said, no pilot ever can go that high in score in a scrim, because the players do not allow it. That is the problem with public servers, they allow it to happen because either they don't think or lack the required skill to do something about it.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I don't disagree, I just think if people are taking care of business he wouldn't be in the sky as long regardless of trying to take off to self heal. I don't think your idea is bad, I just wouldn't personally want it. I like the formula BF has had for years.
  • w0lf1986
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It's all about team work period, which is the sole foundation of this game!
  • THAGURT
    edited January 2017

The problem isn't the health of the vehicle though, it is the players. As I've said, no pilot ever can go that high in score in a scrim, because the players do not allow it. That is the problem with public servers, they allow it to happen because either they don't think or lack the required skill to do something about it.

So the formula battlefield has for vehicles is better when both teams are filled with skiled players...which they arnt. So their formula is perfect for scrims and not for public servers. If we are on the same team and I know your a good pilot and I camp the aa with a bolt action the only thing your left to contend with is others in plane that have spent countless hours less than you.

Sadly I kinda figured this would happen. The vehicle guys that have absurd kds in those vehicles are fine with how they are...shocker. The thing I suggested with players health regen would make it easier for you to take out scouts, like myself, that know if I get to a certain range the only thing that can kill me is a more skilled scout/plane because those two shots of a medic class gun are negated by me laying on my belly for 10 seconds.
  • R-Shot-You
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017

When there's pressure on the pilot and teamwork no great vehicle player can go that high. It is why in scrims you never see scores that high. It only takes skill and teamwork. If I practice or rather if anyone practiced to be good, why shouldn't their skill shine?

The game franchise of bf won't survive long if we take scrims as examples. Those are just a handfull of people buying the game.

It's the open public servers and how things go on there that makes the real money for DICE and keeps the game alive.

I think the idea is good. But maybe a little less drastic. Take off about 4 to 5 health of the total everytime self repair is used. And when a support repairs it leave the tanks max health as it was without a further decrease.

Good tankers/pilots will still be strong because they can pick their fights right. And position themselves.
  • KorpusDraige

So the formula battlefield has for vehicles is better when both teams are filled with skiled players...which they arnt. So their formula is perfect for scrims and not for public servers. If we are on the same team and I know your a good pilot and I camp the aa with a bolt action the only thing your left to contend with is others in plane that have spent countless hours less than you.

It's not perfect for scrims though, far from it... Too many other problems than just vehicle health. My point was players who know what they're doing can deal with vehicles. It's only the players who don't know what they're doing that are cannon fodder, the same people who don't know what an objective looks like. Going by that, we should make the capture time less if it's been captured a couple times, so it allows the weaker players a better chance of winning? I just don't agree with that. Skill should always reign over. One Artillery Truck with flak can ruin the entire air play by itself, ask any pilot with that.
  • THAGURT
    edited January 2017

It's not perfect for scrims though, far from it... Too many other problems than just vehicle health. My point was players who know what they're doing can deal with vehicles. It's only the players who don't know what they're doing that are cannon fodder, the same people who don't know what an objective looks like. Going by that, we should make the capture time less if it's been captured a couple times, so it allows the weaker players a better chance of winning? I just don't agree with that. Skill should always reign over. One Artillery Truck with flak can ruin the entire air play by itself, ask any pilot with that.

The time and resources spent trying to take out a vehicle being negated and the vehicle being as good as new after an engagement is bull and always will be. This would make your vehicle guys that are still racking up high scores and not dying 10x more impressive to me.

As it currently stands 90% of the time you see someone sitting at 50-1 45-3 60-8 I think to myself=vehicle scrub.
  • KorpusDraige

The time and resources spent trying to take out a vehicle being negated and the vehicle being as good as new after an engagement is bull and always will be. This would make your vehicle guys that are still racking up high scores and not dying 10x more impressive to me.

As it currently stands 90% of the time you see someone sitting at 50-1 45-3 60-8 I think to myself=vehicle scrub.

Good players will always be good players. I remember when DICE nerfed the Attack Jets on BF4 a few times and people claimed they're useless, yet you could still go 100+ with them.

I mean if it's so easy to use vehicles, why is there no competition? I'm sorry, but pubs are pubs and pubs will ALWAYS be easy, no matter what they do. It doesn't turn people into geniuses over a patch.

I'm willing to bet you see the tanks even more passive with your proposed damage model. They're not going to want to take hits, so they'll sit back even further and more often now. Pilots will be scared to make strafes and won't be helping teams anymore.

Why are they vehicle scrubs when they took the time to get good in their respected roles? I've got 4 years of flying under my wings, so now suddenly I am suppose to do bad just because I took the time to play? Why can't the infantry step up and get on the AA guns and bring out an Artillery? Why can't they get into a fighter plane and easily take out the attack plane? I mean they're vehicle scrubs, right? Should be easy.

I'm all for making the game harder, but not if it nerfs players intentionally if they're good. Harder 3rd person aim, longer cool down for bomb drops and they're suppose to be nerfing tanks slightly soon anyway.
  • THAGURT

Good players will always be good players. I remember when DICE nerfed the Attack Jets on BF4 a few times and people claimed they're useless, yet you could still go 100+ with them.

I mean if it's so easy to use vehicles, why is there no competition? I'm sorry, but pubs are pubs and pubs will ALWAYS be easy, no matter what they do. It doesn't turn people into geniuses over a patch.

I'm willing to bet you see the tanks even more passive with your proposed damage model. They're not going to want to take hits, so they'll sit back even further and more often now. Pilots will be scared to make strafes and won't be helping teams anymore.

Why are they vehicle scrubs when they took the time to get good in their respected roles? I've got 4 years of flying under my wings, so now suddenly I am suppose to do bad just because I took the time to play? Why can't the infantry step up and get on the AA guns and bring out an Artillery? Why can't they get into a fighter plane and easily take out the attack plane? I mean they're vehicle scrubs, right? Should be easy.

I'm all for making the game harder, but not if it nerfs players intentionally if they're good. Harder 3rd person aim, longer cool down for bomb drops and they're suppose to be nerfing tanks slightly soon anyway.

Cant get the aa cart because tank "mains" are sitting at spawn waiting for their chance at a tank, aa guns might as well be a piece of cheese that a sniper has put out for free kills, and there are no usefull air to group infantry weapons.

I dont want anything nerfed about vehicles. They are op and are broken and thats fine because they are freaking vehicles BUT most players that have spent the last 20 minutes trying to get an aa cart or getting on the aa gun just to get shot off by a sniper/plane that know exactly where they are or a guy with k bullets doing his part to try and shoot you down get disheartened when they see that that time was waisted because you can repair to 100.
  • KorpusDraige

Cant get the aa cart because tank "mains" are sitting at spawn waiting for their chance at a tank, aa guns might as well be a piece of cheese that a sniper has put out for free kills, and there are no usefull air to group infantry weapons.

I dont want anything nerfed about vehicles. They are op and are broken and thats fine because they are freaking vehicles BUT most players that have spent the last 20 minutes trying to get an aa cart or getting on the aa gun just to get shot off by a sniper/plane that know exactly where they are or a guy with k bullets doing his part to try and shoot you down get disheartened when they see that that time was waisted because you can repair to 100.

Well it really only takes one bullet to stop the repair process.

I recall a time when someone messaged me and told me, "Hey there's this really good pilot in this server, he's like 60-0 right now, join this server if you want to see how good he is". I join... I killed him in a few seconds each time until he stopped flying. It's not that they're OP, it's just nobody knows how to use those roles to deal with the threats. There are options, fewer options than BF3/BF4 granted, but there still are options.
  • THAGURT

I recall a time when someone messaged me and told me, "Hey there's this really good pilot in this server, he's like 60-0 right now, join this server if you want to see how good he is". I join... I killed him in a few seconds each time until he stopped flying. It's not that they're OP, it's just nobody knows how to use those roles to deal with the threats. There are options, fewer options than BF3/BF4 granted, but there still are options.

The only option you have given that I agree with is be better at using the thing you call op to counter it
  • KorpusDraige

The only option you have given that I agree with is be better at using the thing you call op to counter it

As I've said though there is the Artillery Truck with flak. I know what you said about it before, but people waiting on it to spawn isn't anybody else's fault. People always wait to spawn on the planes and 80% of the time they bail it or can't do much with it.
  • w0lf1986
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm pretty sure one k bullet can disable a part on the an attack or fighter plane. The game is based on team work; people seem to forget this and call for a nerf when they can solo a vehicle. Calling for nerfs turns the game into a causal shooter. There is always a counter to every weapon,vehicle or peace of equipment. Some of these counters can be done solo others take team work. Even korpus probably the best pilot in bf1 evens asks for back up when he flies. Bf1 is a team game accept it. It honestly boggles my mind with the ungodly amount of buff this or nerf the threads I see. Dice should make two versions of one game, a game for causals where nerfing an buffing can take place and a competitive version where nothing gets nerfed, play and adapt.
  • THAGURT
    w0lf1986 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure one k bullet can disable a part on the an attack or fighter plane. The game is based on team work; people seem to forget this and call for a nerf when they can solo a vehicle. Calling for nerfs turns the game into a causal shooter. There is always a counter to every weapon,vehicle or peace of equipment. Some of these counters can be done solo others take team work. Even korpus probably the best pilot in bf1 evens asks for back up when he flies. Bf1 is a team game accept it. It honestly boggles my mind with the ungodly amount of buff this or nerf the threads I see. Dice should make two versions of one game, a game for causals where nerfing an buffing can take place and a competitive version where nothing gets nerfed, play and adapt.

We will all sleep better knowing your pretty sure of something your wrong about...Also as I said wouldnt want them to nerf the machines, this is an alternative to making the airplanes shoot nerf bullets or drop bombs that do 0 damage and have no AoE or making the tanks super slow death traps like they were in real life..