What Do You Do With Your Friends That Are Bad?

TheRudeJudeTTV
1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
The title mostly says it all. I have my platoon, that is made up of battlefield players. Then I have my irl friends... that pretty much are examples of most the threads complaining about bad blueberries. Sometimes I just appear offline because I don't want to deal with them. Sometimes I just wish there was a skill based match making system that I could blame for as to why we cant play together. I try to help them and encourage them to ptfo or run with anything besides sniping from spawn. They just like to snipe and will snipe all day. It is super aggravating. If im in a squad, and theres 1 opening, sometimes il let one join. But when I play with a full squad of them, i just get irritated and will go to bed early because they are that bad. Just wondering if anybody had any other ideas? They need some training and may be beyond help.

Comments

• wigtown
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just stop having irl friends, they just hold you back... Same with wife/husbands, a virtual relationship is always best ;)
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thats true. If ur having irl relationships, then ur not playing bf. I agree
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play with a wide range of players. If they are struggling, I just encourage them and try to pick a class/playstyle that complements and helps them the most. If they'll take it, I give advice.

I have a friend who STINKS at any gunfights but is particularly talented at sneaking behind enemy lines through even the thickest of fighting. We've fine-tuned him into a mobile spawn point. He takes great pride that whenever he is in our squad, the enemy is always being back-capped.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    Il have to find them some jobs. Maybe ammo or repping a tank or something idk yet.
  • jasoncaric
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sounds like first world problems your having. I would say if you dont want to play with them just appear offline like you have been doing. On the other hand, just enjoy that you have ppl to play with and you can just bs and not care too much about the game. I was in your shoes once. I had an irl friend that was horrible at bfbc2 and he played with me and another irl friend. After awhile i just accepted the fact he wasnt very good ( he got a little better as time went on), but atleast he listened when we gave him tips and tried to help us. Enjoy that you can bs with your buddies on a game while you can. As ive gotten older all my friends are either not gaming anymore or on ps4. In socom 2 on ps2 i had like 10 irl friends that played and it was a blast. Miss those days. So just enjoy what you have now because you wont have it in the next few years.
  • R-Shot-You
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Try and help them improve, if they don't want to take my advice and remain being dumb, I'll teamswitch and hunt them down untill they do listen.
  • xpr0fessa
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Make them run ammo for you. Decent guns, easiest job. If they insist on sniping, suggest a infantry iron sight variant and PTFO.
    If all else fails, troll them with smoke and gas until they get pissed.
  • SH1GGLES
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Il have to find them some jobs. Maybe ammo or repping a tank or something idk yet.

The official title is Bullet Baiter. Send him to flank the approaching enemy while firing his weapon in the air. Take out the enemies that target him.
  • Malliz
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just break out the "fixed" Martini-Henry... if you can't train them, join them :).
  • Carswell90
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have the same exact problem. I just don't play with them anymore. They don't PTFO, they only want to sit back and snipe. One of them was even flying the attack plane and bailing out to get good sniping spots, thereby wasting the plane. That was the last straw for me.
  • ENRAGEDDIABLO
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    R-Shot-You wrote: »
    Try and help them improve, if they don't want to take my advice and remain being dumb, I'll teamswitch and hunt them down untill they do listen.

^^^^
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    Ya I hear you. You can usually find my friends on the "JackFrags Roof."
  • THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017

Let them snipe just try and help them to get into a position where they know where the enemy is going to be and in a position where they are a mobile spawn point. Also recommend guns like the selb or any support gun with a bipod. Noob friendly. I play lone wolf/squad of 2 other people I know almost exclusively, at least the crap people you play with can communicate.

Showing offline or ignoring them just makes you sound like a prick that cares more about winning than enjoying the experience.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    But I enjoy the experience of winning. Seems selfish to me how they play :/
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care if I play with bad people. Sometimes bad friends are the most fun because they get excited when they get a few kills and don't always complain. All though a while back I had few buddies that would always call people hackers the whole time while they got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on. have not seen those guys in years though.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have people on my list who some would deem good players that I ignore lol. I don't like playing with people who want to play cod style with the mp18 or the super sniper that's happy with his 4-0. I like playing with guys that can play the class that needs played. So yeah.. just ignore them lol
  • w0lf1986
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Try a different game mode that doesn't promote sniping. Have fun with certain game modes. I've played a few rounds with friends and did kolibri,knives,and gas only in war pigeons. Or howda,knives, incendiary. The fun game play promotes teamwork. It's honestly enjoyable.
  • THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yeah but how selfish does it seem to a guy that wants to get on and play with his buddy that the guy doesnt want to play with him because he would rather win?
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    THAGURT wrote: »

Yeah but how selfish does it seem to a guy that wants to get on and play with his buddy that the guy doesnt want to play with him because he would rather win?

Too bad is what I have to say. I hate playing with scrubs lol. I'd rather play alone than with bad friends
  • kingfishus
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My friends all have <1 kd ratios so I just tell them to play medic and support, when I'm playing the opposite so they can keep me alive since they don't mind dieing