Hit Detection

Comments

  • mischkag
    214 postsMember, Developer DICE
    Upstream packet loss is not so much of a big deal due to some redundancy. Downstream packet loss from server to client is a problem for the client as lots of stuff gets extrapolated. So kinda a punishment there. Sure the rented servers should be able to lock a ping or region, i hope we can make some meaningful strides there. I am not so happy to hear you get to see the server tick icon. They may have some spikes here and there as we run lots of them in the cloud, but frequent occurrences are bad news. The problem is that we do not run a single server on a box. You rent a cloud 'box' and then run multiple instances there. Otherwise it would be too expensive. What platform are you talking about?
  • jdbelcher1998
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm on PS4. US East region. I was really surprised since I can't remember it ever happening on BF4.
  • SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @mischkag

    Thank you for your responses, and hard work to resolve this issue.
  • Cactus757
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mischkag,

    Thanks for being involved in this discussion. Right now it "feels" like low pingers are being actively punished. Hopefully the changes coming will fix this. I don't like the idea of region lock because it doesn't completely address the problem. Ping limits do. This should be an option for rented servers if you guys are unwilling to limit some regular servers.
  • SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Cactus757 wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of region lock because it doesn't completely address the problem. Ping limits do.

    I agree with you on these points. Because though a region maybe locked, it still wouldnt solve the issue of players with high ping playing within their correct region even if it is locked to the true out of region players.

    Edit-I agree that a ping limiter would address the issue aswell. Accompanied by a option for region lock also.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The de-sync high latency players create is the problem , there character model (soldier) on my screen doesn't match up with what there doing on there screen like for example the high latency player on his screen is shooting me but on my screen there character model is doing something else and and in a different location in more extreme cases on my screen it looks like ive been killed by a ghost because the high latency players character model isn't there in the location his shooting from.
    The most common example I see practically every game is there character model (soldier) running or standing there looking in another direction so il starting shooting them hit them a couple of times dealing damage and then il just drop dead for no reason the killcam will show that player as having killed me despite on my screen there character model (soldier) not even firing there gun (no one is shooting at me on my screen) or even stop running or noticing me.
    The high latency players character model (soldier) is completely de-synced from there actions on my screen and when you have a few high latency players on the server its like your character model (soldier) is in a completely different timezone.
    All the interpolation and extrapolation makes them practically impossible to kill its like they have no hit boxes and it confuses the hell out of the auto rotation which trys to help track them then just seems to give up and turn itself off.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think we can equalize the field without placing a specific limit on high ping, instead have a reactive system serverside.

    If you have a ping over 250ms why should your packets allow you the peakers advantage? Why can't there be a reduction in responsiveness? Why should the word ADVANTAGE be associated with the worst kind of connection?

    It feels like a bad joke (I would still be hatefully salty had I not read your comments regarding the current net code state, and plans going forward).

    Street fighter makes the high ping players controls less immediate to synchronize things (delay between button press and action). Perhaps a similar system could be implemented with high ping player movement? (Not aim, that would feel horrible)

    Rubber banding should be expected when your ping is SO FAR ABOVE acceptable margins.

    The game should not feel as equally smooth with high ping, it's great for playability, but you are sacrificing the integrity of the match. Lag, for a laggy player is absolutely fair, you can smooth it out, but that smoothness needs to stop offering an advantage.

    Would it really "ruin the game" to give a high ping player some fair rubber banding when they try to jump shot around corners? (They are effectively killing low ping players as specters)

    @mischkag

    Currently, you are creating an environment that encourages regional abuse. There must be some tangible negative aspects to playing with high ping, it's the only way to curb players into proper regional play. (We can keep the idealist mindset, but please, we need to put up some safety nets for good connections).

    (Side note) seems like damage delivery gets totally botched when lots of damage is being calculated, a flame trooper was near me burning a few friendlies, and my framerate felt like it was dipping into the 30s, on ps4 pro.

    There are some significant issues with your virtual servers and performance with extrapolation on clients, the extrapolation of large amounts of player interactiond seems to tank my framerate on my pro, so that's probably some kind of horrible bug, right?
  • RichardPye843
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    mischkag wrote: »
    Hey guys, again thanks a lot for your feedback and productive input. First of all we DO NOT deliberately punish low ping players. Infact i worked really hard to make the game as responsive and tight for low ping players as possible. However, for high network variance(or fluctuation), i got to buffer some more and hence it will be a very smooth experience for them. I did fix quite a bit of hit detection related issues already, but it will take time before it gets out in a patch. Will be featured in CTE soon though. Region locks would obviously help, a first step should be a region lock option for rented servers. If you pay for a server, you should imho have the power and choice to do that.
    The extrapolation offset is essentially the time i need to add for lag compensation to make sure we always have 2 states to interpolate between and not run into extrapolation whre it becomes an educated guessing game. High pingers will have such a fluctuation that you often have them running into extrapolation on your client and once a new state from them comes in, a pop/teleport/rubberband may occur. Of course that could be blended more smoothly, but you really dont want to place soldiers on any client where they have in fact never been on the server or the originating client. I know this is a bit technical, but it really is not so simple to make the game super responsive and rewarding for low ping players while the game has to be still playable for high ping ones. As long as we can have higher ping players due to lack of region support, i need to make at least sure the game runs for everybody. Sure, I'd love to reward the low ping player more, but an active punishment for high ping does not feel right to me.

    No one is saying that you "deliberately" are punishing low ping players but that is in fact what is happening. The low ping player is in fact being punished. The people who go out of their way to pay extra to have the smoothest experience possible are the ones experiencing the most frustrations. For what? So the people that do not go out of their way can have an equal experience. Where is the logic in that? The people who pay to have the best exeperience should in fact have just that. The people with high pings SHOULD experience problems because they have HIGH PINGS. This compensation for an equal experience is madness. People who pay extra to have a high speed internet connection do this to avoid frustrations not have them handed to them because of it. They do not do it for an advantage (at least not in my case) they do it to avoid unwated aggrevations. The end result feeling ,when in fact they are being frustrated due to the low ping, does feel like a form of being punished. An active punishment that goes to the low ping player because it "does not feel right to you" to punish the high ping player is simply WRONG!

    The lack of region support is not the low ping players fault! It is DICE's fault. It is their job to go out and get that support and provide it to their customers. To provide more server locations for more regions. To consolidate them and actively punish those who are in region and have the lowest ping is morally WRONG. I dont know how more clearly I can say it. To ruin the experience of players with low pings to make the game playable to high ping players is WRONG! For whatever motivation it may be. My theory is a financial one. To save money on these region server locations so DICE compensates with code simply to increase profit margins. I am willing to bet I am not very far from the truth with this since EA is involved. Since the bottmline is all they are concerned about and quarterly earnings. To impress stock holders! They can careless about an enjoyable gaming experience since what they want to do is keep crapping out unfinished games, rake in revenue after sale, and finish these games with patches while the game is in the customers hands already. Giving the customer less and yet charging more and more with added DLC which some may argue should already be in the game and splits the player base. Also with crappy business models like the battlepack system copied from COD which is nothing but a cash grab and we all know this to be true. I am a capitalist so I understand the reasoning if this is true but sometimes it is better to appease the fan base with the most popular title which is Battlefield. MANY are STILL feeling burned after the most recent BF4 fiasco. This is just more of the same to them. Though I do appreciate the attempts to at least communicate and respond to peoples concerns and for that I am overly joyed about. We all remember the dead silence with the the problems BF4 had and the silence then was deafining. At least you want to fix the problems and please everyone. The argument now is who should have these frustrations and mine is the ones who paid extra NOT to have them to begin with and not have them because of it. Can you not understand that if pay to have a better experience you should in fact recieve that? Can you not understand that people are unfairly experiencing unwanted frustrations because they have a low ping? I am not being uncompassionate to those with high pings just defending the low ping players. Since logically and morally the ones with the high pings should be the players experiencing these problems naturally. WOW what an insane world we live in today when you have to make an argument like this.!

    PS I appologize if I went off on a tangent but I am just being honest. I am not trying to insult or degrade ANYONE. Just expressing my true genuine feelings. I may be wrong about everything I said and admit that honestly. These are my impressions and MANY feel the same way. At least the people I speak with. I respect any retorts or difference in opinions since these are my own and that is all I ask in return.
    Post edited by RichardPye843 on
  • TheOver50Gamer
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    I believe EA/Dice use Microsoft Azure to host their virtual servers.

    Azure regions North Europe, West Europe, UK West, UK South
    ExpressRoute locations Amsterdam, Dublin, London, Newport(Wales), Paris

    So it would be easy to region lock as the servers should be in ideal locations, but it seems if the server browser is correct they only use Dublin for Europe matchmaking. Put some servers in Amsterdam and Paris then ping lock or region lock jobs a good'un not that hard really.

    No German region for servers this would be I imagine due to privacy laws in Germany

    Regions and geopolitical boundaries for national clouds
    Germany Germany Central, Germany East Berlin, Frankfurt

    Connectivity across geopolitical regions is not supported on the standard ExpressRoute SKU. You will need to enable the ExpressRoute premium add-on to support global connectivity. Connectivity to national cloud environments is not supported. You can work with your connectivity provider if such a need arises.

    Would someone from Dice confirm this or am I talking a load of BS?
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    mischkag wrote: »
    Hey guys, again thanks a lot for your feedback and productive input. First of all we DO NOT deliberately punish low ping players. Infact i worked really hard to make the game as responsive and tight for low ping players as possible. However, for high network variance(or fluctuation), i got to buffer some more and hence it will be a very smooth experience for them. I did fix quite a bit of hit detection related issues already, but it will take time before it gets out in a patch. Will be featured in CTE soon though. Region locks would obviously help, a first step should be a region lock option for rented servers. If you pay for a server, you should imho have the power and choice to do that.
    The extrapolation offset is essentially the time i need to add for lag compensation to make sure we always have 2 states to interpolate between and not run into extrapolation whre it becomes an educated guessing game. High pingers will have such a fluctuation that you often have them running into extrapolation on your client and once a new state from them comes in, a pop/teleport/rubberband may occur. Of course that could be blended more smoothly, but you really dont want to place soldiers on any client where they have in fact never been on the server or the originating client. I know this is a bit technical, but it really is not so simple to make the game super responsive and rewarding for low ping players while the game has to be still playable for high ping ones. As long as we can have higher ping players due to lack of region support, i need to make at least sure the game runs for everybody. Sure, I'd love to reward the low ping player more, but an active punishment for high ping does not feel right to me.

    No one is saying that you "deliberately" are punishing low ping players but that is in fact what is happening. The low ping player is in fact being punished. The people who go out of their way to pay extra to have the smoothest experience possible are the ones experiencing the most frustrations. For what? So the people that do not go out of their way can have an equal experience. Where is the logic in that? The people who pay to have the best exeperience should in fact have just that. The people with high pings SHOULD experience problems because they have HIGH PINGS. This compensation for an equal experience is madness. People who pay extra to have a high speed internet connection do this to avoid frustrations not have them handed to them because of it. They do not do it for an advantage (at least not in my case) they do it to avoid unwated aggrevations. The end result feeling ,when in fact they are being frustrated due to the low ping, does feel like a form of being punished. An active punishment that goes to the low ping player because it "does not feel right to you" to punish the high ping player is simply WRONG!

    The lack of region support is not the low ping players fault! It is DICE's fault. It is their job to go out and get that support and provide it to their customers. To provide more server locations for more regions. To consolidate them and actively punish those who are in region and have the lowest ping is morally WRONG. I dont know how more clearly I can say it. To ruin the experience of players with low pings to make the game playable to high ping players is WRONG! For whatever motivation it may be. My theory is a financial one. To save money on these region server locations so DICE compensates with code simply to increase profit margins. I am willing to bet I am not very far from the truth with this since EA is involved. Since the bottmline is all they are concerned about and quarterly earnings. To impress stock holders! They can careless about an enjoyable gaming experience since what they want to do is keep crapping out unfinished games, rake in revenue after sale, and finish these games with patches while the game is in the customers hands already. Giving the customer less and yet charging more and more with added DLC which some may argue should already be in the game. Also with crappy business models like the battlepack system copied from COD which is nothing but a cash grab and we all know this to be true. I am a capitalist so I understand the reasoning if this is true but sometimes it is better to appease the fan base with the most popular title which is Battlefield. MANY are STILL feeling burned after the most recent BF4 fiasco. This is just more of the same to them. Though I do appreciate the attempts to at least communicate and respond to peoples concerns and for that I am overly joyed about. We all remember the dead silence with the the problems BF4 had and the silence then was deafining. At least you want to fix the problems and please everyone. The argument now is who should have these frustrations and mine is the ones who paid extra NOT to have them to begin with.

    I agree with your assessment. What it all boils down to is there are "haves" and "have nots" unfortunately in this world of "everyone must be equal" the "have nots" are entitled to have their game work smoothly at the expense of the "haves".

  • SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    mischkag wrote: »
    There are a couple of things here. As an engineer i tried to make the netcode very responsive and able to handle any sort of ping and variance. There was no initiative by EA to artificially make the game run super well for high pingers to save money with providing less regions. That is simply a false statement. It is probably also my fault to have pushed hard to compensate for higher ping variances as Rubberbanding was also a major complaint when BF4 was released (not just caused by server spikes). Now the game obviously still works best if you are on a level playing field with low pings across all players. Server costs are obviously always a topic but where it makes sense (in terms of geographical proximity and player base), EA tries to provide server centers. Now it is true that Quickmatch can match Brazil to US East and US East - West if there are no available matching servers. But i presume we are more talking about Server Browser here. I have to agree with you guys though. The fact that the game simply runs too well for high pingers, encourages players to join explicitly out of region. Next on my list is to address that. I will make it much harder to hit something for high pingers, i wont artificially induce Rubberbanding or movement hurdles though. I think it should be harder to hit somebody, that is what the game ultimately boils down to. Seeing your strong feedback encourages me to explore options to make it much harder for high ping players. Once they feel like they suck with higher ping, the problem will solve itself. I still like to push the necessity to region lock servers. It is an ongoing discussion and I personally believe it is getting traction.
    As far as the character model comment above goes, i dont quite understand that. There is no desync. How do you know what the high ping client is actually doing? Plz dont judge from the spectator view which is artificially put behind by 500ms.

    Get er done! ;)
  • BOOG1EJUICE66
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    The way I see it is my aim is terrible to begin with, by allowing me the ability to record game clips where I can see my shots hit the target and and not count, you have given me a game that I know for a fact I can never improve in. I cant learn the muscle memory for consistant a torso shot 3 -4 hit kill if I aim and fire at the exact same spot on screen it goes there all 4 times, excpt if there was another player there all four go there 70-100% of the time that they go there between 30-100% of the time. No real reason to try to get better when I cant.

    I have enough of those cant win rat race battles IRL. I play to try and forget them and somehow am reminded of them. Gg dice

    But I can play with some more useless distracting **** on my screen so I can have a horrible time not hitting things I might see while trying to do it thru a vision reducing netgraph which improves the hit detection how?





  • BOOG1EJUICE66
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    It was my first time playing out of region today (with members of a sister clan). I live in the US, but the clan members were from Europe, so they were in a European server, obviously. Once I joined them, I could tell that the hit detection for me was atrocious right of the bat. I didn't feel I had an advantage at all playing out of region like many here have thought to be true.

    But hey, this was MY personal experience. Your experience may be vastly different from mine. Needless to say, I'll be avoiding playing out of region while running solo in the future.

    I too have tried playing out of region, but dont get "the oor advantage". I dont understand the technicalities of the way the devs have the servers set up, but @mischkag said him/herself that there is an advantage for high pingers. I posted a screenshot of my netgraph(a few posts up, on this thread) for NA East. Im by far a high pinger, so that maybe why I dont get the "advantage" playing oor.

    For every so called "advantage" for a high ping player, there is a disadvantage. Pros and cons for both low ping and high ping players. It has been acknowledged by the devs on all fronts. Netgraph helps in determining the root cause of issues most of the time.

    Well if I know the root cause it will be fun when those things keep happening. /s
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    mischkag wrote: »
    The fact that the game simply runs too well for high pingers, encourages players to join explicitly out of region. Next on my list is to address that. I will make it much harder to hit something for high pingers, i wont artificially induce Rubberbanding or movement hurdles though. I think it should be harder to hit somebody, that is what the game ultimately boils down to. Seeing your strong feedback encourages me to explore options to make it much harder for high ping players. Once they feel like they suck with higher ping, the problem will solve itself. I still like to push the necessity to region lock servers. It is an ongoing discussion and I personally believe it is getting traction.

    Holy wall of text batman. :wink:

    I can understand why movement hurdles and induced rubber banding are not things you want to implement (would probably feel terrible).

    Are you considering something similar to bf4? High ping have to lead shots more than normal? (That didn't feel too awful, it was learn-able compromise)
    mischkag wrote: »
    As far as the character model comment above goes, i dont quite understand that. There is no desync. How do you know what the high ping client is actually doing? Plz dont judge from the spectator view which is artificially put behind by 500ms.

    I'm not viewing from spectator (I understand the offset), the reason I assume there is an issue with desync, is I have been killed multiple times by players appearing around a corner (like multiple steps instantly) and dying from that player immediately, like one frame per bullet. (This could be an issue with the high frequency bubble (I think I brought that up already), it has a similar visual pop in to other issues I've seen with friendly players in my high frequency bubble).

    I know I can abuse the peakers advantage myself with latency over ~200ms, I have been assuming the irregularity I see from dying in these situations is the receiving end of the peaking advantage. I'll be the first to admit this is purely an assumption.

    It just doesn't feel right, maybe it's something completely different. I know I've recorded it happening, I'll make sure to highlight the problem I see in video form.

    I trust you will do what you can to fix the issues with players delivering damage ahead of their visible player model. Sounds like netcode things are moving in a very positive direction.
    Post edited by KingTolapsium on
  • RichardPye843
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mischkag wrote: »
    There are a couple of things here. As an engineer i tried to make the netcode very responsive and able to handle any sort of ping and variance. There was no initiative by EA to artificially make the game run super well for high pingers to save money with providing less regions. That is simply a false statement. It is probably also my fault to have pushed hard to compensate for higher ping variances as Rubberbanding was also a major complaint when BF4 was released (not just caused by server spikes). Now the game obviously still works best if you are on a level playing field with low pings across all players. Server costs are obviously always a topic but where it makes sense (in terms of geographical proximity and player base), EA tries to provide server centers. Now it is true that Quickmatch can match Brazil to US East and US East - West if there are no available matching servers. But i presume we are more talking about Server Browser here. I have to agree with you guys though. The fact that the game simply runs too well for high pingers, encourages players to join explicitly out of region. Next on my list is to address that. I will make it much harder to hit something for high pingers, i wont artificially induce Rubberbanding or movement hurdles though. I think it should be harder to hit somebody, that is what the game ultimately boils down to. Seeing your strong feedback encourages me to explore options to make it much harder for high ping players. Once they feel like they suck with higher ping, the problem will solve itself. I still like to push the necessity to region lock servers. It is an ongoing discussion and I personally believe it is getting traction.
    As far as the character model comment above goes, i dont quite understand that. There is no desync. How do you know what the high ping client is actually doing? Plz dont judge from the spectator view which is artificially put behind by 500ms.

    Yes I am explicitly talking about Server Browser. I stay away from Quick Match because I have my worst experiences there. I have to say I see the argument from both sides. I understand your point of view and it seems that you understand mine. The fact that you as an engineer is willing to discuss this with us speaks volumes! I have ALWAYS been a fan of DICE since BF 1942 and go out of my way to purchase EVERY game you guys make. It has only been here recently that I have felt ANY sort of negative experiences. I am willing to be patient and deal with my frustrations while you guys work out the kinks. The fact that you guys listen to our concerns and try and implement changes due to them makes me respect DICE even more. EA is a different story and I have lost respect for them a LONG time ago but in their defense they are trying to be better, they have a long way to go due to their past indiscretions, but at least they are trying. It broke my heart when I first heard DICE partnered with them. A lot of us gamers prayed that they would not ruin DICE's stellar reputation.

    Can I at least ask if we low ping players may see some sort of relief come this Febuary with the next patch? Or are you just gonna make it a worst experience for High Ping players and hope it solves it self? Is that coming this Febuary? Or do we have to wait for the very next patch after this one coming?
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mischkag wrote: »
    The fact that the game simply runs too well for high pingers, encourages players to join explicitly out of region. Next on my list is to address that. I will make it much harder to hit something for high pingers, i wont artificially induce Rubberbanding or movement hurdles though. I think it should be harder to hit somebody, that is what the game ultimately boils down to. Seeing your strong feedback encourages me to explore options to make it much harder for high ping players. Once they feel like they suck with higher ping, the problem will solve itself. I still like to push the necessity to region lock servers. It is an ongoing discussion and I personally believe it is getting traction.

    Holy wall of text batman. :wink:

    I can understand why movement hurdles and induced rubber banding are not things you want to implement (would probably feel terrible).

    Are you considering something similar to bf4? High ping have to lead shots more than normal? (That didn't feel too awful, it was learn-able compromise)
    mischkag wrote: »
    As far as the character model comment above goes, i dont quite understand that. There is no desync. How do you know what the high ping client is actually doing? Plz dont judge from the spectator view which is artificially put behind by 500ms.

    I'm not viewing from spectator (I understand the offset), the reason I assume there is an issue with desync, is I have been killed multiple times by players appearing around a corner (like multiple steps instantly) and dying from that player immediately, like one frame per bullet. (This could be an issue with the high frequency bubble (I think I brought that up already), it has a similar visual pop in to other issues I've seen with friendly players in my high frequency bubble).

    I know I can abuse the peakers advantage myself with latency over ~200ms, I have been assuming the irregularity I see from dying in these situations is the receiving end of the peaking advantage. I'll be the first to admit this is purely an assumption.

    It just doesn't feel right, maybe it's something completely different. I know I've recorded it happening, I'll make sure to highlight the problem I see in video form.

    I trust you will do what you can to fix the issues with players delivering damage ahead of their visible player model. Sounds like netcode things are moving in a very positive direction.

    Exactly that on the high latency players screen with a lmg for example I know for a fact he has his to hit 6-7 shots to kill me from full health at range because thats how the game is coded, I also know for a fact with spread and recoil your chances of hitting all 6-7 shots in a row without missing a few times is impossible, yet what I see on my screen there character model (soldier) isn't even firing his gun his doing something else and I will just drop dead in 1 frame without even receiving any damage or any bullets or suppression or anything, high latency players character models (soldiers) are simply out of sync with there inputs (actions) and movement, for example there character models often appear out of nowhere its like a sci-fi game sometimes with the amount of teleporting players completely defying the physics of the game , I even had 1 some how teleport though me I was blocking the door way and he warped though me into the room behind me. When you get a few high latency players with there out of sync character models (soldiers) in the game the whole game then feels completely out of sync.
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I can always tell when there are issues with a server by the way my crosshair responds to thumb stick movement. Be it lag, latency, de-sync, frame drop, etc. When things are not right, my crosshair becomes erratic and uncontrollable, zipping across the screen while trying to aim. When things are working properly, my crosshair moves consistently and smoothly and I can get on target with ease like a magnet. I also don't use aim assist so I'm not even talking about the "snap-to" aim.

    Based on this indicator, it takes 2 seconds to figure out whether I will be dropping targets with ease vs. getting one-shotted by enemies that are not even aiming at me. I know right then whether I need to search for a new server or not.

  • strombergs04
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Once you shoot out of a broken Building the Hit Detection gets really bad as if the game thinks there is still a wall.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thats not hit detection, check where your gun barrel is the bullets come out of the barrel not the sight to prevent head glitching, its most likely your gun barrel is stuffed in the wall while your sight is just slightly above the wall.
Sign In or Register to comment.