Admin Rights: Kick/Ban, Password Protection, VIP List, etc.

TheDokter617
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So guys welcome to the first quarter of 2017! Exciting to see Battlefield 1 had a successful release of the game over the 4th quarter of 2016! Great work on the Giant's Shadow map many good reviews have been given from the competitive and milsim/realistic communities. However the one reason why I started this discussion is for the simple reason of setting up and implementing Admin rights on the custom games servers or rent-a-servers. This means the following:

- Admin Control Panel
- Kick/Ban feature
- VIP List
- Password Protection
- As well as further options to customizing the game further for all you Battlefield nuts

So it's simple really what are you guys thoughts on the matter let me and the guys at DICE know here! I've talked with many heads in the competitive and milsim/realistic community, this including all you cinematic junkies on Youtube. Many would agree we are waiting to hear whats to come and are extremely excited!

Comments

• RAGDOLL2020
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • Scratch-DoD-
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seeing this......
    Username
    TheDokter617

Browse the forums .....as Axlerod1 pointed out.....you are late to the party!
  • Remiflop
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We all share the same thoughts and frustrations over the last 2-3 months now. All we can do is sit and wait and see what happens in the couple of patches.
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So do you work for Dice or EA? If not, then this is a pointless post. And even if you do, then simply go to the questions master list that was closed off on 22 October already to see what we want.

And basically, the overriding bottom line is: we want what we have on BF4!
  • Fraggle306
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not worth wasting your time posting this. The community has already collected their thoughts on a list back in October last year. DICE decided to completely ignore everything the community wants until now. Move on, nothing to see here.
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    we have been typing here since day1, please read first...
  • wonderbread750
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So guys welcome to the first quarter of 2017! Exciting to see Battlefield 1 had a successful release of the game over the 4th quarter of 2016! Great work on the Giant's Shadow map many good reviews have been given from the competitive and milsim/realistic communities. However the one reason why I started this discussion is for the simple reason of setting up and implementing Admin rights on the custom games servers or rent-a-servers. This means the following:

- Admin Control Panel
    - Kick/Ban feature
    - VIP List
    - Password Protection
    - As well as further options to customizing the game further for all you Battlefield nuts

So it's simple really what are you guys thoughts on the matter let me and the guys at DICE know here! I've talked with many heads in the competitive and milsim/realistic community, this including all you cinematic junkies on Youtube. Many would agree we are waiting to hear whats to come and are extremely excited!

- Admin Control Panel
    - Kick/Ban feature
    - VIP List
    - Password Protection

I agree totally! The only addition that needs to be made to this is a true set hardcore mode where you can clearly identify your team from the enemy with instant nametags appearing, also it needs to be fixed so you can put more then 6 maps in a rotation, especially since we have dlcs coming, there should be no limit for this
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I agree totally! The only addition that needs to be made to this is a true set hardcore mode where you can clearly identify your team from the enemy with instant nametags appearing, also it needs to be fixed so you can put more then 6 maps in a rotation, especially since we have dlcs coming, there should be no limit for this

Looks like you haven't been reading a lot either. On the 6 map maximum, that is gone. You can add up to 15 maps I believe or at least every map once. So that comment goes away by now. Also there's always been a limit, which makes sense, though this limit was 30-40 maps I believe. Depending which tool you had in the older BFs. (Rcon or Procon)

On the HC stuff, apart from that the uniforms are thus distinct form each other this should be enough imo, what you want is something for DICE to adjust to HC mode in general or maybe add as an RSP setting.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Looks like you haven't been reading a lot either. On the 6 map maximum, that is gone. You can add up to 15 maps I believe or at least every map once. So that comment goes away by now. Also there's always been a limit, which makes sense, though this limit was 30-40 maps I believe. Depending which tool you had in the older BFs. (Rcon or Procon)

On the HC stuff, apart from that the uniforms are thus distinct form each other this should be enough imo, what you want is something for DICE to adjust to HC mode in general or maybe add as an RSP setting.

IMHO it should be a preset just like it was in BF4. Boom you kick HC Preset and its GTG. Having the basic server tools we have all pretty much agreed on as a basic set, an HC mode preset that changing bullet damage % to either 125% or 200% does not stop progression, and a working server browser. Would be a damned fine patch indeed. I would really like to see a true BF4 HC mode as Ali and I discussed in the near future and like to see a rework of the awards/medals system to more closely resemble BF$ so that awards and medals are achieved through normal game play and not something that takes a player away from squad play.
  • wonderbread750
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I am literally on my server right now trying to add more maps, it just replaces the last one after you try to add more then 6. This has most definitely not been fixed
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All I have to say is Giant's Shadow is a horrible map. Played it twice and will not play it again..
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It has potential. I dont specifically have any issues other than it's too linear lots of space on either side of objectives. IMHO I think they did this in order to give room to move stuff around.
    Would be neat to have some buildings on either side of the bridge and the bridge itself is one of the objectives. For that matter expand the rail yard and make that entire side of the map a city zone with CQ combat center with Zeppelin crash site would be wide open zone and expand the town on the other side. Basicly Amiens with a big open zone in the middle. Spread out the objectives and give them meaning. I mean in most maps there is some form of strategic significance to the objective however in the two least favorite maps there doesn't seem to be this. I mean Echo is a flippin saw mill !!! What's the point in Capturing that?
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I am literally on my server right now trying to add more maps, it just replaces the last one after you try to add more then 6. This has most definitely not been fixed

Then I urge you to contact support about this.