Starting a new game with 1 death already on the scoreboard..

knitewhosaysnee
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited November 2016
So I was playing Rush the other night and a while the next game was loading I was looking at the players on the scoreboard. The scoreboard had been reset ready for the new game but I was showing as already having 1 death, the game hadn't even started and was still waiting for a player or 2 to join. I'd assumed this would correct itself when the lobby filled and the game started.

It didn't. 1 kill in to the game I get mortared and the scoreboard showed me as 1 K 2 D. I grabbed a couple screenshots of the scoreboard before and after, which I can post when I get home.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm going to be keeping an eye out and see if it happens again.

Comments

• Club-Pleasure
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Do post screenshots or video..
  • Draven2711
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not noticed that yet but I frequently spawn into a vehicle at the beginning of a round without the ability to repair it
  • Kexlar
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Draven2711 wrote: »
    Not noticed that yet but I frequently spawn into a vehicle at the beginning of a round without the ability to repair it

Thats like saying " No, I have not tried that type of cheese, but I hear that Spain is a nice place to visit ".

i.e. Just a random thing to say with no meaning to the post.
  • Sneakyofsneaks
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Kexlar wrote: »
    Draven2711 wrote: »

Thats like saying " No, I have not tried that type of cheese, but I hear that Spain is a nice place to visit ".

i.e. Just a random thing to say with no meaning to the post.

What cheese was it? and yes Spain is nice to visit if you stay away from the touristy bits
  • knitewhosaysnee
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Screenshots:

Before round started - 1 Death on scoreboard before round starts
    BEFORE

After getting mortared:
    AFTER
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Screenshots:

BEFORE

After getting mortared:
    AFTER

Did you pick redeploy?
  • knitewhosaysnee
    Screenshots:

BEFORE

After getting mortared:
    AFTER

Did you pick redeploy?

Nope, the BEFORE screenshot, as I said was before the round had even started. The timer was still ticking down.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bruh. pick your battles. it's **** I know but it's like, it happend one time. if it keeps happening, record and then tell us. but as of now... you are kinda coming off as, you know.
  • knitewhosaysnee
    full951 said:

bruh. pick your battles. it's **** I know but it's like, it happend one time. if it keeps happening, record and then tell us. but as of now... you are kinda coming off as, you know.

So you've nothing to contribute? You're kind of coming off as, you know..

It has happened more than once, this was the 1st time I bothered to capture it.

I've also captured several instances where the scoreboard at the end of round does not match the scoreboard shown on the End of Round screens, but you know..

Toddle off back under your rock and while you're there take some time to research homonyms, sentence structure, the correct uses of capital letters and puntucation and educate yourself. Thanks for playing.
  • ggSmoothOp
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It happened multiple times to me as well.

Would love to get an explanation or this dumb bug resolved.
  • Lethal0ne
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So I was playing Rush the other night and a while the next game was loading I was looking at the players on the scoreboard. The scoreboard had been reset ready for the new game but I was showing as already having 1 death, the game hadn't even started and was still waiting for a player or 2 to join. I'd assumed this would correct itself when the lobby filled and the game started.

It didn't. 1 kill in to the game I get mortared and the scoreboard showed me as 1 K 2 D. I grabbed a couple screenshots of the scoreboard before and after, which I can post when I get home.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm going to be keeping an eye out and see if it happens again.

Yeah I See This Alot In domination.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Who really cares but try hards?
  • TheBrain1976
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same problem. Especially when playing with a full party squad some of us is constantly getting one death before the game even started. Its happening mostly in Domination...
  • redline706899
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen this a few times lately. Before the game even starts or has the ability to spawn in, someone on each team already has a death. And it's always one person from each team. Didn't think to grab a screen shot or video tho, will do next time I see it.
  • Fas7Eddi3
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup happened to me to me as well. I figured its some sort of handicap for the other team because the game knows im about to whoop their ***.
  • Marine663
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This has happened to me as well. I thought it was a one-off event but it has since happened a few more times. Still very rare and I don't know the cause. But it's definitely before the game even begins, so no mistaken redeploy possible.
  • xRivercurse
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2016
    I had this for the first time today. Spawned in, killed a guy, got an assist, then checked the scoreboard and was 1-1.
    I check scoreboards pretty frequently and I know for a fact that I was dead at the end of the previous round, might even have been the final guy killed, and i'm not sure that registered on the scoreboard as a death. I put it down to some kind of carry-over, even though that would be odd.
    I'd forgotten all about it until I saw this topic, but yeah, it happened to me today and hasn't ever happened before.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's been happening a lot, just get 20 kills and don't die and it's still a 20 kd
  • JesusHytler
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yes hapends to me alot , wtf ? i noticed when dieing first time in round and guess what 2-0...
  • THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There have been a few posts about this. Maybe you died in your last match and weren't revived so the death didn't count until your next spawn-next match? Just guessing now.

Some people think it has to do with vehicle health where if your vehicle should have already died or you get out and it blows up you still get a death...doesn't sound like that could be the case here unless again it Carried over from a previous game