Weekly BF

Clan advertising in rented server

Pekema
3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hello,

Our clan rents a BF1 server and we would like some bot to tell people it's ours and to visit our website.
Since the last update it's possible to spectate a game and to chat with the players so:

Is it allowed to write a bot that will join the server when a player joins the server and whom's only function will be:
- Move once every 4 mins to avoid being idle
- Say some lines like 'This is a ****** server - check our website at ******'

kthnx

Comments

• TESTEFY-HD
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    lol... you are the type of person that has ruined having servers we can rent. Asking to have a bot in a server and specifics on how to keep the bot in the server is wrong. I believe it also against the EULA to have macros.

I have run some of the top BF3/BF4 servers in the world and never had to have a "bot" advertise my clan so people join it.
  • Pekema
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Unfortunately in BF1 there's no other way.

I'm aware of the ban on macro's.
    But since the bot would be in spectator mode it can't really do harm..

• PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    but i like the idea, how would you make such a bot?
  • Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wait... I have not played in spectator mode, but you can chat while your in there? That leaves things open for people to be trolls and let other people know where people are at on the map. I can see a few of these new clans abusing that having one member in spectator and calling everything out on TS / vent / discord to their team mates.
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wait... I have not played in spectator mode, but you can chat while your in there? That leaves things open for people to be trolls and let other people know where people are at on the map. I can see a few of these new clans abusing that having one member in spectator and calling everything out on TS / vent / discord to their team mates.

Well to clarify, chatting in-game is possible in BF4 and BFH too from spectator. That's why we made spectator whitelisted in BF4 to keep it for admins only to track possible cheaters etc.
  • sembatocus
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pekema,would you like to have friendly scrims with my clan (Vendetta Gaming). I also rent a weekly server,which can run a 5v5 Domination,or 10v10 conquest. Let me know or go to vendettagaming.org and schedule a match at bottom tab of our site...thanks, hope to play you guys soon.
  • TESTEFY-HD
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

There is a 10-20 second delay when watching in spectator. The delay is to not allow exactly what you typed above.
  • Pekema
    but i like the idea, how would you make such a bot?

Depends on what will be allowed and what we want...
    I think I'll write something in C(#/++) and if needed a PHP backend to remotely adjust the functionality of the bot.

Nothing too complicated tho.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty sure you need to have an API for that and one hasn't been released to the public for BF1 yet... if ever. To the best of my Knowledge BFTracker has limited access and provides an API to the info they get. That's really all there is to the best of my knowledge.
  • Pekema
    Bumb?