BUG - QUIT BUTTON AFTER MATCH causes infinite loop and never returns to Main Menu

jmottone
43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
After the 11152016 Update, we finally received a "Quit" button after a match which was much needed. However, when clicking on this new Quit button, the wait spinner just spins while cycling through a few different screens, sometimes just a black background, and other times a random Battlefield backdrop, but all the while, the spinner keeps spinning and never actually returns the user to the Main Menu. A "hard quit" must be performed to get out of the infinite loop.

Platform: XBOX ONE
CURRENT AS OF: 11/16/2016

Comments

• Flyjetandkill
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Me too its very annoying because i have to quit the game with the task manager.
  • theREALPicLD
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same on PC. Really takes you out of the fun and makes me not really want to play since it's not completely consistant
  • Beukiiie
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    yep... it worked for me once! that was the first time i used it, because i was eager to test it..
    guess i was so fast on using it it worked,
    after that i started looking at my aftermatch stats for a while and then tried to quit... kaboom, jammed...

platform PS4 btw...
  • Kommando-Jorma
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just made another thread about this. I have the same problem. Infinte loop or sometimes you get back to the Main Menu after waiting minutes.
  • young_dersey
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same.
  • wizzle22
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here. I have noticed this on xbox after 1st use
  • sR_Z_R_S_H
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same, worst then ever
  • Znowen
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same, PC.
  • mbfacefirs445
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same for me - poor PS4 fan tries to make it fly!
  • jmottone
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, nothing has changed so far with the quit button on Xbox1. If you hit quit after a match, you might as well just restart the whole game, because you will be sitting there a LOOOONG time waiting for it to actually quit... @mischkag Any word on when and if this will be fixed soon???
  • zimslur
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I get one of three results:
    1) It actually quits (~10%)
    2) It acts like it is quitting so I wait and I just get thrown back into the game I was playing. (~15%)
    3) It spins longer than it takes to start a match in Siege so I escape to dashboard, quit the app, and start over (75%)

I can understand these systems are really complicated (been doing asynch cloud development for a couple of years), but I sure hope they can fix this.
  • GTA_Kid386
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    jmottone wrote: »
    After the 11152016 Update, we finally received a "Quit" button after a match which was much needed. However, when clicking on this new Quit button, the wait spinner just spins while cycling through a few different screens, sometimes just a black background, and other times a random Battlefield backdrop, but all the while, the spinner keeps spinning and never actually returns the user to the Main Menu. A "hard quit" must be performed to get out of the infinite loop.

Platform: XBOX ONE
    CURRENT AS OF: 11/16/2016

Happens on PS4. A guy on another thread told me that your actually still in the match for about 5 mins until you get returned to menus with a disconnected from server error.
    So be patient.
  • sR_Z_R_S_H
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Infinite loop for me on ps4, 95% of the time
  • jmottone
    @mischkag After the previous update, the Quit button does work a little better, however there is still about a 4+ minute wait time in some situations where the Quit button does not take the player back to the Main Menu, and sometimes not at all...It is sad that is faster to Hard Quit the entire game and come back to the Main Menu before the Quit Button does as it is supposed to.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same on PS4. Happens maybe a quarter of the time. Other times it eventually works taking me back to the server browser, but then the ping rates are trashed for every server. Fortunately closing app fixes it.
  • jmottone
    Yeah it seems like the universal fix is to just Hard Quit the entire game just to get back to the main menu. This should be addressed REALLY QUICK, because there is no sense in a quit button not working. As a senior software developer myself, it is not very hard to implement a quit / exit button...
  • mischkag
    214 postsMember, Developer DICE
    There are some states where it can take a while to let you quit to the menu (or are you talking about completely quitting the game?). What platform are you talking about? What was the state you were in when you experience the 4+ minutes delay?
  • jmottone
    Xbox One...In-game, press Start > Quit....or after game during the summary/waiting for the next match to load. If user presses designated quit button at the bottom of the screen, 90% of the time, the user experiences extremely long delay getting back to the main menu. A HARD QUIT (pressing xbox home button, then pressing start(menu) button, and selecting quit), then restarting the game is faster than the in-game quit buttons.
  • iDuffin
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Noticed that if you press quit in the After Match screen, it usually dont even attempt to quit before the timer has ended, then comes the gamble. Tried to promote the game to a friend showing the different modes. Yay...