Bad Company 2 and BF3 are now backward compatible

Comments

• xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3872 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    But nothing on ps4?

Need to talk to Sony about that
  • rock1obsta
    3813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1000% yes. Both total different animals and they have their own feel. It's still Battlefield but a great change of pace. If BF 3 has been added I will be all over that.

Hell yes. Me too. Im pickin em both up tonight at work & jumpin back into BF3 tonight. I am so amped for this.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    Let us know how the player counts are

Seeing as we can play with those on Xbox 360, and there's still a healthy population on the Xbox 360, there'll be no issues with the population. Unless you plan on playing the DLC, of course. I wish EA would make Battlefield 3's free and a mandatory update for all players.

Oh well. The vanilla maps are very enjoyable and will do. :)

Well I only asked because the nostalgia bug got me and I got world at war when it went backwards compatible. It was awful and very few players playing even with their increased sales due to going backwards compatible
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I had to go to xbox.com to get the vip pass for BC2. Since it only gave me 6 downloads when clicking the old digital from games with gold. At first xbox.com said pay then after clicking buy it sent me to that old 360 pay screen on xbox.com then said free since it remembered me. So don't go through the console cause the game store it self wont remember ya. So go to xbox.com if you had the disc for vip pass. Also typing in the old vip pass doesn't work since ya used the code on 360. As for lobbies sizes seems about 6vs6 at most so far. Probably more once people find out.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    are they still stuck on 30fps 720p?
  • rock1obsta
    3813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But nothing on ps4?

Nope, sorry man. Xbox only.
  • Lowlandnutria92
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    why isn't multiplayer working for 3? someone help I nstalled all the upadtes and dlc
  • arrionshadow
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    THERE IS A GOD! And he Is good!
  • Lowlandnutria92
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Okay why don't multiplayer work for bf3 or bc2
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NAM was a blast. 7vs7. I'll install BF3 tomorrow.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    NAM was a blast. 7vs7. I'll install BF3 tomorrow.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tried popping in my copy of BC2 Ultimate Edition and it won't let me install it. You would think MS would support all revisions of the game?
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tried popping in my copy of BC2 Ultimate Edition and it won't let me install it. You would think MS would support all revisions of the game?

I have the standard version on disc and it says this game is not backwards compatible. Might be a disc problem not a edition problem.
    Has anyone installed it via cd? Or has everyone store bought and downloaded this game?
  • CosmicStriker
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    because of the games with gold Bad Company 2 i just searched it on the game store, installed that, then installed the VIP ran the game, went to the ingame store clicked on all the add on dlcs, Onslaught mode, Vietnam, and all of the VIP maps, then exited the game, then went to the game & apps , ready to install, installed all the DLC addons , once that was done, started the game, and my level 50 profile was there, Joined a Vietnam game that had players, and later after friends dusted off their game, we played some BC2 conquest, and some RUSH.

now i know what RUSH was great in BC2 because the end of the round it was about score not Kill Death, KD never mattered it was always about the win of the round.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    I had to clear out clips and screen shots cause my xbox live storage was full last night. So didn't get to record my rpg taking down that circle straffer on that desert map. It might of recorded on my HDD then just have to re-share it as a upload to live.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How are player counts?
  • Professor_RAWR
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hey how is the 2 games doing? Are both still active?

I was really happy about the news but still concerned about the player count. In Bad Company 2 still active? Do you think it can last for a few more months? Not sure if i should buy it or not. How about the DLC's? Are they still active?

I know for a fact that basically all DLC's in BF3 are dead.. I still have BF3 on PS3 and all the DLC's are dead except for gulf of Oman. rarely other maps in Back in Karkand were active.
  • crusam7
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    sony plzzzzzzz , it's sad to not see bf3 on ps4 , do something , bf3 best competitive battlefield ..
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I own the PS4 pro and have been thinking about getting the MS Scorpio (or whatever it is called) and I think this made up my mind to buy it for sure. I can't wait until that beast of a console comes out and I am sure that BC2 will be my first game on it. AWESOME
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    But nothing on ps4?

Buy a PS3 or get an X1.Thats your solution.Emulating PS3 games on PS4 is near.damn impossible cuz of the cell