Weekly BF

ISSUE- HARDCORE - Delay on Friendly Detection

jmottone
43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
With the release of Hardcore, many people I have played with are displeased with the fact that you actually have to aim at a person to see if that person is on your team or not. There is a bout a 1 - 2 second delay before the green or blue icon appears above a teammates head., which results in one of two things....Either you accidentally kill your teammate because they have no blue or green marker or you hesitate because you dont want to teamkill, and the person in question is in fact an enemy and guns you down. A player can sometimes judge by the uniform if the player in question is close enough, but this is a really confusing dynamic that should be addressed. Friendlies should be marked at all times just like in all other previous battlefields so that you can be aware of your surroundings and know where your teammates are at all times, at least in close quarters.

Comments

• Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just played hardcore for the first time to night and i was running in the same problem. I killed two team mates because of the delay of the icon.
  • jmottone
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @mischkag Any word of an update to fix the friendly detection in hard-core? Is this delay by design or is it indeed a bug? I do know, that it is still present after the previous update.
  • mischkag
    214 postsMember, Developer DICE
    Thanks for bringing the issue up. We tried to reproduce it but never faced any issues. It always responds immediately. Is there a chance you can upload a video showcasing the issue? Thx.
  • jmottone
    Yeah I can record a video next time I play HC, but I, and my platoon, have just not been playing it due to everyone experiencing the same behavior. You have to ADS most of the time for the icon on a friendly to appear, and even then, it is most definitely not immediate. It is the same with everyone I have spoken too that has tried hardcore. All have the same complaint. But next time I play HC, I will try to capture some video of the issue.
  • jmottone
    @mischkag

Here is a link to the video....

You can see at about 19 seconds, my teammate runs through the door and the icon appearance is delayed....The he shoots me, because the same thing obviously occurred on his side. Then, at 40 seconds, you can see another teammate where is icon appears then disappears when he is right in my frame of view...I understand in this case, that I KNOW HE IS MY TEAMMATE, but this happens very often, especially with teammates running through doorways or around objects, where the icon is just delayed or does not show up at all unless your weapon is pointed directly at the teammate....This video might not be the perfect example, but it does show what I am talking about somewhat....
  • mischkag
    214 postsMember, Developer DICE
    Thanks a lot for your video. I brought this up to our designers and we will try to improve how this works in the future.
  • jmottone
    Thank you, kind sir!