Battlefield 1 - Top 5 issues or improvements

Comments

• GloriousLeader73
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Additional suggestions:

6.) Run faster with pistol or knife.
    7.) Add squad join back.
    8.) Add more medals and allow users to select any metal at any time.
    9.) Add legendary mode.
    10.) Add more class ranks.
    11.) Fix revive glitch. I mean, seriously, it has been in the franchise since bf3.
  • rpmurphey
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    the sound needs to change for the enemy. I hear shots in front of me but they are behind me. also for the mini map, have enemy show up when they shoot

have the medal system like it was in BF4, BF3, BF2, BFBC and so on
  • Arnotts_Biscuits
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. Chat box for PC is too small. It's not that I can't read. Only about five lines can fit inside, unlike Battlefield 4 which about seven lines could fit inside. Either decrease the font or increase the chat box or add a chat box re-scale option in settings.
    2. Lack of weaponry; though this game is set in WW1, players have argued that there are still more weapons not featured in this game. I'd like more weapons in future DLC.
    3. End of round chat for PC. Not sure if this is a bug. But I feel sad not having enough time to say "GG" and "your team is trash".
    4. Fix custom servers; I have yet to play my first Hardcore match.
    THIS IS ALL I ASK FOR NOW; THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.
  • tru2dgame420
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2017
    1. Revive bug - on PC at least you have to switch to secondary then back to primary for it to allow firing of primary. Often times if you are revived out of cover, you die because of this bug.
    2. Weapons. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.
    3. Gas is out of control. At least have it not go through walls. Friendly gas weapon sway is a hinderance but not game breaking
    4. Customize loadout on options screen and allow purchasing of kit items from menu
    5. Unable to deploy even though when you selected vehicle/squad mate while icon showed available. This was bad and then got better and is now worse than Beta.
    6. Fix the horrible Operations intro experience. Movies that don't play with the audio or subtitle text and then freeze make player smash the skip button. It is HORRIBLE. Just remove them until a fix is in place (offload the videos to client side?). I thought at first it was my PC, then I upgraded to a completely new rig including a m.2 SATA SSD and GTX1070 and it is still an issue. I feel really bad for the gtx660 players out there. . . They may have never even seen the intro movies because of lockups.

Honorable Mentions:
    1. Clans
    2. Standard Issue Rifles should be included in DICE servers. I've yet to be able to play a match on it (PC) because you simply can't find any
    3. For that matter any of the custom game modes are basically unplayable unless you already know the exact name of the server. This is a cumbersome system and degrades the customer experience.
    4. Automatico seemed to get buffed quite a bit last patch. It is now all you see now that Hellriegel got weakened. Shotguns are OK now IMO.
    5. Player customizations. First and foremost - fix ethnicities. This may be 2017 but the game is not even close to period relevant in terms of forces. I'd like to see more realistic ethnicity representation. I'm all for including African American soldiers/French etc. but not for German snipers...
  • WoIfclaw
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1. Fix Cavalry. Since the December update cavalry and the horse take much more damage than before the update. I don't recall seeing anything about reducing cavalry health in the update log only a supposed fix to horse rubberbanding, so I assume the extra damage cavalry are taking is a bug.

2. Suez Conquest. It's still a one-sided cluster****, maybe even more so since the two flags were added. It might even be a better map without tanks.

3. Amiens Conquest Invisible players. I'll admit this has only happened to me 4 or 5 times and I think always when wearing either the Sentry Kit or Flametrooper kit. I don't know how much this has been reported but I can provide video evidence if necessary. Basically what I've seen happen on those occasions is while wearing one of those kits eventually I'll run into an enemy player who is literally invisible. I witnessed one guy throw a medpack out of thin air as he was standing right in front of me.

4.In the December update there was supposed to be a fix to pilot classes spawning on horseback, or tankers spawning in planes. Still happens.

5.Medals. Sometimes the system doesn't seem to know which medals I've obtained and which ones I haven't.
  • ManOfTomorrowH
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    1-The ancient revive bug! In some cases when you are revived(started to happen very often recently), your soldier's weapon is either not visible or not shooting until you swap to a different weapon/gadget.

2-Operations' matchmaking is horrendous. I don't know why, but every time i select an Operation series, the game connects me to empty servers all the time. The only way around is to join through quickmatch, which is not ideal as I can't choose the player count(40 or 64 players). My suggestion is whether to add it to the server browser(PLEASE!) or try and find a fix. Also add a skip option in the settings to auto-skip Operations' intros. Watching the same cutscenes over and over and over and over gets really dull and aggravating.

3-Soldier tripping/stumbling when mantling or vaulting over objects. In very very common situations, whenever you jump over an object(rocks for instance), your soldier is unable to get over it. The animation plays, but the execution of the function is faulty. I think you fixed it for BF4 in the CTE, can't you just port over the fixes?

4-Not all servers are showing. I've my server region filtered to Europe, soooooo...I should be seeing UK, German etc servers, right? Not in this game. I am only able to see French and Irish(?) servers. UK and German servers give me the lowest ping. Also, can you add the option to remove the 50 servers result limit?

5-The Gas grenades, DICE! Reduce the amount of held Gas grenades to 1 and please prevent them from piercing through walls and roofs.

-An additional request, can you bring back Battlelog as a complementary option to the system in-game? Not that I was fond of it, but it's better than the current in-game system. It's smoother and more coherent. The in-game server browser and player stars(and such) seems like they are in an experimental phase. I wouldn't mind if it was a carbon copy of BF4's, just consider it.
    Post edited by ManOfTomorrowH on
  • sushant_phantom
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Some other bugs I am experiencing are
    1. I am in a server queue and if I change the server then it leads in to infinite reserving slot condition.
    2. If I am in menus and restarts my modem because of bad ping then game menu freeze and only exit option is working even when you are logged in origin after modem restart.
    3. Increase the first spawn time of planes when a map starts because everyone who have plane just running toward first enemy objective to farm free 10 kills by bombing the infantry.
    4. BF1 became plane vs infantry combat. Very few pilots are fighting other planes, others just farming kills by bombing here and there.
    5. A suggestion for this problem is u can give a limited amount of bombs to a plane and after using that there will be a long bomb reload time, like in real life situation in which you have to refill ur ammunition at base.
  • Kingorian666
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well first of all, great game. This comment will be for playstation 4.
    1. Try to put some pressure on Sony regarding the modded controllers. There must be a way they can track it at ban them. I see that a lot on Battlefield 1 where players have automatic firering with guns that only can fire single shots. Very anoying.
    2. Too much lag for some players. I have 100/100 connection but sometimes i am being shot before they enter the door. They lag as hell. Is there someway you can see the connection speed of all the players the same way you can see it for PC version.
  • Noctalus9
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    1. Fix "revive bug" that requires a weapon switch to be able to use the primary weapon again
    2. Sometimes when you go prone and immediately start aiming the AT rocket gun, the soldier gets up by himself instead and in most cases ends dead because the tank is shooting at him
    3. Medal system rework; either all weekly medals receive progress while playing or make all requirements available at the same time and not one by one, which forces a lot of players to play like the medal requires it instead of playing like the team or oneself playstyle requires it (playing the medal instead of PTFO)
    4. I like to use gas grenades but two is too much and it is spammed everywhere; either reduce the gas duration or the amount of carried grenades. The incendiary doesn't burn that long and you can only carry one at a time, which makes it a less useful and non comparable alternative in my opionion
    5. A lot of places have hidden walls where it is impossible to shoot through. e.g. Monte Grappa first tunnel at A on Operations either side inside the tunnel blocks grenade throws or shooting towards the attacking enemy. You have to almost walk into the middle of the road to be able to open fire at the enemy or otherwise your bullets will hit a transparent wall or your grenades/flares/AT rockets/etc. will bounce off and land on yourself instead/immediately explode right in your face
    6. Please rework the automatic queuing which is a pita if you enter a game that is already lost and you only see the scoreboard where you are in the losing team; add some sort of rejoin penalty to players that quit 10 tickets prior to the end of the round and don't let others take their place
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yet again the attackers, despite having 2 spare attacks when they reached the last sector of Amiens, got a Behemoth to help them in the final sector.
    These guys had won every sector until then over 2 maps and still had 500 tickets ... did they really need an Armoured Train?
    I spawned, died, and in the 25 seconds I waited for a revive the final sector was lost and the game ended.
    I think no one should ever get a Behemoth in the final sector.
  • BaNsHlE
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can we get FairFight turned back on? Seems over run with hackers at 250+ pings
  • Rigor_morti5
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Switch all bullets to K-bullets to all classes.
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Medics do not get rewarded enough for revives.
    Simple as that, it needs to have a much higher point reward, as it stands now, unless you like roleplaying as Mother Theresa you have no incentive to play as a healer / reviver.
    You might argue that it helps the team, but when you go down and no one revives you, or you stop playing as Medic and lay there for 25 seconds as dozens of Medics run over you, stand on you, use your dead body as cover and then run off again, you will realise you cannot do it alone.
    In Operations it's vital for Medics to revive, but they don't.
    You know why?
    Last night I finished with a big BEST next to revives at the end of the round.
    I came 24th on the scoreboard.
  • _LittlePaul_BR
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. Operation at brazilian servers: we have a lot of server running full of people on conquest, but if you try to play some operations you get in a empty server or in an american server with a high ping. If there was a server browser in operations, just as you have in other game modes, i'm sure that there would be a lot of people playing.
    2. Tanks are OP: seriously, it's almost impossible to destroy a heavy tank if there's a good player in it. These days i scored 65/0 in Monte Grappa, but i didn't feel like i played well or something. There is no fun using tanks right now, it's just too easy.
    3. Gas grenade: There are too many gas grenades in this game, i think it would be a good idea to decrease the amount of gas to 1 instead of 2.
    4. The medal system
    5. The score system: the way it is right now forces the player to hide while capturing a point instead of going search and kill the remaining enemies in the point. I usually go to kill enemies and sometimes you get killed after killing 3 or more enemies, and you get just some few points, while the people who got hide while switching the point get some 700+ points.

I hope you understand
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sindari wrote: »
    Yet again the attackers, despite having 2 spare attacks when they reached the last sector of Amiens, got a Behemoth to help them in the final sector.
    These guys had won every sector until then over 2 maps and still had 500 tickets ... did they really need an Armoured Train?
    I spawned, died, and in the 25 seconds I waited for a revive the final sector was lost and the game ended.
    I think no one should ever get a Behemoth in the final sector.

This happened to me last night. My team got wrecked up until the last flag. Then we somehow defended the last sector, and of course the good enemy team got an airship, and we lost almost instantly. That's bs.
  • CptDuffy
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My main issue in this which I love seriously you guys nailed this game but when you nailed the new mode operations (best idea ever btw) you made it hard to access.
    People don't want to wait guys. I've posted this a few times but Operations needs to be in the server browser.
    It's already a long mode I've had games go up to an hr and I don't want to wax 20 mins of my life waiting for a server to fill.
    Everything else really is small potatoes.

1 thing don't nerf anything, I hate snipers but they're part of the game I've come up against some top snipers and I just change my strategy. You have made the support to powerful but again if the other team has a lot I switch up my game play.

The game is as fair as it can be and if you're any good you just switch up tactics.

Really great work get that mode on the server browser and pls don't f with the game mechanics you nailed it!
  • WeHaveATechnical
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    May be repeating some things... so apologies in advance but not crosschecking 55 pages of thread...

1) some form of autobalance (tired of joining games 8 men down and a loss before you even spawn)
    2) enable mousewheel for weapons AND gadgets like previous BF's
    3) cavalry seems way to OP... a headshot to rider should at least take him off the horse if not kill him
    4) still kill farming seems to get high scores... and people PTFO seem worse off
    5) tanks are too powerful... or rocket guns and anti tank grenades are too weak...
    6) Battlelog after tweaks was way better than this interface, without going into specifics

Thanks
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    May be repeating some things... so apologies in advance but not crosschecking 55 pages of thread...

1) some form of autobalance (tired of joining games 8 men down and a loss before you even spawn)
    2) enable mousewheel for weapons AND gadgets like previous BF's
    3) cavalry seems way to OP... a headshot to rider should at least take him off the horse if not kill him
    4) still kill farming seems to get high scores... and people PTFO seem worse off
    5) tanks are too powerful... or rocket guns and anti tank grenades are too weak...
    6) Battlelog after tweaks was way better than this interface, without going into specifics

Thanks

Lol, I was reading a thread yesterday where someone was claiming tanks were too weak. Let's be honest here. It's fine as is. A bad driver will get taken out very fast. A good driver can get taken out with a couple of guys willing to destroy it. I've gone 40-0 in a tank, and I've also blown up plenty of tanks on foot by myself.
  • Natboogy
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Most of the reactions are pretty precise in naming all the flaws of battlefield.. stil there is one thing i've missed.

On the ps4 i hear a lot of complains about the aiming mechanics, its like there is glue in your joystick according to a lot of players. The deadzone adjustment is a Great improvement but i think that there is still a lot of room to improve the mechanics

Bf4 felt way more natural in comparison with bf1

Maybe sommting to look in to

why isnt there a game type i can filter out players who use aim assist, i have never used it i play console and 85% of the time im number 1 or 2 on the scoreboard with a positive kill death ratio, i dont believe you can have an aim assist option and call it a competitive game. unless it was not an option everyone had it or no one had it. i just wish there was a no aim assist mode with 200% damage. the patch made to hardcore mode made my favorite game to play the most frustrating unplayable game in my stash now for everyone wants to be sniper for the one shot kill that no other gun has even with a head shot. for real its a bullet in your skull i dont care if its a pistol a sniper or a high cal. machine gun it should all be one head shot per kill hardcore mode. i play the mode bc it makes every gun effective as they would be in real life a bullet is a bullet. but now everyone plays scout for the one shot kills and the play style for scout as a whole is to not play the objective. its made hardcore matches extremely one sided there are almost never close games anymore and the desert maps the whole server empties out almost every time. hardcore was the beez kneez and now i can barely stand battlefield anymore.
  • MrAngryBates
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    WoIfclaw wrote: »
    3. Amiens Conquest Invisible players. I'll admit this has only happened to me 4 or 5 times and I think always when wearing either the Sentry Kit or Flametrooper kit. I don't know how much this has been reported but I can provide video evidence if necessary. Basically what I've seen happen on those occasions is while wearing one of those kits eventually I'll run into an enemy player who is literally invisible. I witnessed one guy throw a medpack out of thin air as he was standing right in front of me.

Happened to me at Amiens too, but not with one of the special kits. Just with one of the basic classes, guess it was assault. The enemy players disappeared and then killed me out of nowhere. As I remember, this happened just in one game so far.