Weekly Debrief

Battlefield 3 Backwards Compatibility

Comments

• thekiller199365
    3821 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad they finally made it backwards compatible. I Miss this game. lol
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jovasi wrote: »
    Both BF3 and BC2 are now backwards compatible for XB1!!!

Have you tried it?

Just had 4 games of rush I was rubbish at first but soon remembered what to do. Got a repair tool kill on a tank which was very nice
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I cant get it to work, insert disc and says this game is not backwards compatible.
  • thekiller199365
    3821 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hold the power button on your Xbox until it fully shuts off. Then turn it back on and it should work, that's what I had to do.
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hold the power button on your Xbox until it fully shuts off. Then turn it back on and it should work, that's what I had to do.

That was the first thing I tried. Good to see its working for you though, gives me hope ;)
  • thekiller199365
    If it still don't work you should get ahold of EA support.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

They can help you better.
  • CurleeToes
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why can't i download Battlefield 3 from the store?
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I still had my old disc so I'm not sure if there is a problem with Xbox store
  • thekiller199365
    CurleeToes wrote: »

It's disc version only for now.
  • CurleeToes
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CurleeToes wrote: »

It's disc version only for now.

Thanks that sucks i bought and downloaded bad company 2 no problem
  • JAU1973
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    It was never offered in the Xbox live marketplace which is why it's disk only, and it has to be installed from the MP disk. On another note, has anyone noticed an issue with the graphics? I played BC2 last night and considering it's 7 years old it still looks great, but BF3 looks rough.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know when BF3 came out there was an option to install an HD content pack. I'm wondering if they left that out?
  • hunterkillertank
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Would love to be able to down load whole game of Battlefield 3 so we don't have to use disk all the time but I am glad it is out for Xbox one and will the first bad Company ever make it on backward compatibility
  • thekiller199365
    Would love to be able to down load whole game of Battlefield 3 so we don't have to use disk all the time but I am glad it is out for Xbox one and will the first bad Company ever make it on backward compatibility

I didn't think they would of made bf3 or bc2 backwards compatible so they probably will in the future.
  • hunterkillertank
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF3 is now backwards compatible
  • BA2VGT
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    jovasi wrote: »
    Both BF3 and BC2 are now backwards compatible for XB1!!!

Have you tried it?

How are the graphics? Xbox 360 style or better?
  • Wolfie8041
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Now that battlefield 3 is backwards compatible I have a few complaints. Main one being that I can't play online because it keeps telling me I need an online pass even though I've already submitted it on 360 and have become a colonel on it and I can't re put the code in cause it says it's already been used and when I try to re-buy the code it tells me I can't get it cause it's not available in the stores.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Go to xbox.com and look up BF3 and check for online pass while logged into your gamertag. It should remember you and say free. I had to look for the BC2 VIP pass before I could play that. I'm installing BF3 right now but its like 33GB and doubt that includes all the premium DLC either. Not sure I wanna wait now. I might abort and play some BC2 instead. Also DICE nerfed like all the weapons on BF3.
  • Vespervin
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Wolfie8041 wrote: »
    Now that battlefield 3 is backwards compatible I have a few complaints. Main one being that I can't play online because it keeps telling me I need an online pass even though I've already submitted it on 360 and have become a colonel on it and I can't re put the code in cause it says it's already been used and when I try to re-buy the code it tells me I can't get it cause it's not available in the stores.

On the Xbox One go to My games & apps and press the Select button on Battlefield 3. Under Ready to install make sure you install the Online Pass and any other content sitting there.
  • xOutLaw2k
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    any comp players running bf3 lets back too it !!

best Battlefield EVER