CTE for Battlefield 1 - Would you like it to Exist??

AFROSRB
317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited May 2016
Everyone who took part in the BF4 CTE - like me on the Xbox One - knows how awesome and important this experience has been.
The CTE has been a huge improvement for BF4 regarding Netcode, Server Tickrate, Balancing (OK, I know there is still a big dispute among some soldiers, like MAA :D , so don't rost me lol) etc., so a CTE for BF1 should also exist, not only for issues if they occur but also for other community maps and improving 55hz Tickrate Server Gameplay with 64 players. Playing on a 55hz Server was unbelievable great!

What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=****59iafaXKo

Post edited by AFROSRB on

Comments

• ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    CTE was made because BF4 was broken.... I kind of hope CTE isn't needed at all
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2016

TRUE! I do like the idea of a Sandbox type environment though. concept testing etc.
  • Bohunk_l
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would like if DICE launched CTE early in the games life and once bugs and brokenness where down to a minimal, used it to play test DLCs

I don't think it should be used as heavily for game balancing though... More like a giant ongoing beta test for new add-ons and patches(that may or may not include weapon balance changes)
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Every MP Game with many players will have some issues sooner or later. But like I edited, it's not only because of fixing issues
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    I do like CTE, but if the game works fine, I would rather see it used like BF2142 did and beta test patches a week or two prior and early test ideas devs have
  • orangesmoothiee
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CTE is amazing, a lot of other companies use it to test for bugs/balancing and everything else.

It gives the community a chance for constructive critical feedback. I love BF4 and still play it everyday, and I'm glad they used the CTE to improve it.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2092 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 CTE was nice to beta test the new maps and the old maps turned night time. But the community got very small fast. Barely had a full servers when I was playing.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I do like CTE, but if the game works fine, I would rather see it used like BF2142 did and beta test patches a week or two prior and early test ideas devs have

Agree.
  • Crispy_Pinguin
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

TRUE! I do like the idea of a Sandbox type environment though. concept testing etc.

then you making a version of BF that what many asked for, modding with the community !
  • TheWarLeaf
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    CTE maybe for the beta and release a working client for the retail release.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2092 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd still love a map editor of our own on consoles. But with Frostbite that be hard to pull off without community maps published and being buggy. Far Cry 2 map editor was awesome.
  • DoubleTap_13th
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'd like closed Beta for couple weeks then open beta for a month Pryor to launch.
  • AFROSRB
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    BF4 CTE was nice to beta test the new maps and the old maps turned night time. But the community got very small fast. Barely had a full servers when I was playing.

Tru that, it was barely full, only at the beginning on Xbox, but this was due to the requirements of BF PREMIUM+PREVIEW PROGRAM.
    It should have been at least without premium possible to join CTE.
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Meh. Never seems to port over to console well.
    Post edited by iSpyRecon on
  • Eroticus
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep, CTE was awesome idea and every next BF should have it...
  • Jiraya83
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The CTE wowuld be good to test new ideas before been released in game ! not only to fix or improve
  • MacheteroKiller
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    AFROSRB wrote: »
    Everyone who took part in the BF4 CTE - like me on the Xbox One - knows how awesome and important this experience has been.
    The CTE has been a huge improvement for BF4 regarding Netcode, Server Tickrate, Balancing (OK, I know there is still a big dispute among some soldiers, like MAA :D , so don't rost me lol) etc., so a CTE for BF1 should also exist, not only for issues if they occur but also for other community maps and improving 55hz Tickrate Server Gameplay with 64 players. Playing on a 55hz Server was unbelievable great!

What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=****59iafaXKo

• II-Katyusha-II
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Necro!!!
  • BAZgoodwill897
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yes BF1 needs a CTE for it so thers no glitches
  • jmottone
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ive got it on a pretty good source that there WILL DEFINITELY BE be a CTE for BF1...