Gamemode Request - BF1 - PRISONERS OF WAR (Similar to Rescue)

jmottone
43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited January 2017
I am not sure if you guys are planning on a game mode such as this, But I know that it would be greatly appreciated by MANY players, especially those that played Rescue in BFH. There is something about a small 5 man elite team rushing in to extract a prisoner or tactically positioning your squad to take out snipers set up in a tower overlooking the prisoners. Rescue was such a fun game mode. You just have to come up with a POW mode for Battlefield 1!!! The community would LOVE IT! You could even go as far as to make it a several step process, like the team trying to extract must acquire a key from a randomly selected opponent before attempting to rescue the Prisoners. Or perhaps an option to do a 10 vs 10 or a 5 vs 5....Or to make things more exciting, you could even have an option for a more realistic and challenging option where only 5 rescuers must take on a 10 man team that holds the prisoners. I dont know the exact specs, but I know it sure would be a fun game mode addition!

I SHYNE I

Post edited by xxxCoOlBr33zExxx on

Comments

• CosmicStriker
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Star Wars Battefront has a game mode like that, you might want to go play that if that is the game mode you want.
    it's called 'extraction'
    but in WWI there was more prisoner exchanges and some escapes.

the 1937 French film 'La Grande Illusion' dramatizes a WWI prisoner of war escape.

youtube.com/watch?v=hctrYzVYmfM
  • jmottone
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I appreciate the feedback, however, I despise Battlefront, even though I am a huge Star Wars fan, I just don't like the game. I played it for a couple of months, then removed it. I have not checked out any of the new DLCs though. But even still, there were like 7million POWs in WW1. That was when the Hague came up with all the laws governing POWs. There probably wasn't many POW rescues, but there were as you said escapes from the hundreds of huge camps. The game mode doesn't have to be strictly about rescuing POWS, more or less just a concept of a small team reaching a goal and having to extract that goal to a point on the map... It could be stealing an ammo cache, or sabotaging a vehicle, or stealing an enemy tank...anything with the concept of a small team extraction based objective... And I know there is Rush, but its just not the same.

All I know, is I have a clan of over 40+ people that all played Rescue religiously, and a lot of them(not all of them) would rather play BFH than BF1 because there is no comparable game mode, and not only my clan have expressed their wishes for a comparable game mode, but all the other clans we used to battle in BFH Rescue have expressed their feelings about it too. I'm just saying, that a game mode that resembles this will draw a lot more people to BF1... I myself play every BF1 game mode and have a super fun time on all of them (Operations is my favorite and it is epic!!!). The game is spectacular and I love what the devs have done. I don't want you to think that I am downing the game or anything, because I definitely am not. I am just throwing out an idea on how to get a larger group of people to play the game that otherwise would rather play BFH because of the lack of a comparable game mode. BF4 had one, BFH had one....It seems logical to make one for BF1...Its ok if anyone that reads this disagrees, but It's just an idea.
  • jmottone
    edited January 2017
    How about this...A 5 squad team...in a POW Camp...Cut scene where the 5 team members overtake some guards and steal their weapons...And the Escape is on!!!! Escaping Team tries to make it to the point on the map outside of enemy occupation. 5 escapees versus either 5 or 10 Guards OR MORE...

Of course on the opposing side If you were a guard, your task would be to stop the escapees from feeling the POW Camp....

@mischkag any word of a game mode that could be similar to this (rescue or escape or extraction based objective)????
  • TarmacOak
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wow, you guys are all asking for a tactical game mode? Not going to happen. Dice is not listening.
  • jmottone
    TarmacOak wrote: »
    Wow, you guys are all asking for a tactical game mode? Not going to happen. Dice is not listening.

I think that Dice is listening... In fact, this is the first forum that I have ever been on, where I see numerous replies from devs with the sole purpose of demonstrating just that. That they are listening and they are trying to improve the game. What you could do, is Vote Up if you would like to support MY EFFORTS to get a game mode like this. If not, then why even post on this thread?
  • SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Completely off topic but...@jmottone aka SHYNE did you by chance play a free to play pc game called Operation 7 back in 2009ish?
  • jmottone
    edited January 2017
    @SupremeEpidemic , no, wasn't me. Ive never been a big PC Gamer. I stick to console gaming.
  • SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jmottone wrote: »
    @SupremeEpidemic , no, wasn't me. Ive never been a big PC Gamer. I stick to console gaming.

Cool.
  • Indigownd
    37 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE
    Hey guys!

I completely agree that a game mode where team play and strategy really gets put to the test is awesome. We're always discussing different game mode ideas within the office walls, some small and some large, and even asymmetrical modes where a small team takes on a bigger one. As per usual I can't give any ETA or promises that we will actually use this idea, but I really appreciate you sharing it.

One thing I am struggling to solve/figure out is how to make a small game mode feel and play like a big game mode, with the familiar chaos of Battlefield. Generally we see that most players prefer the diversity that Battlefield offers, with vehicles and infantry. Can that be integrated in the POW-idea? Do you have any thoughts on that topic?

Thanks!
    Jojje "Indigow(n)d" Dalunde
  • kaner619
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Indigownd wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I completely agree that a game mode where team play and strategy really gets put to the test is awesome. We're always discussing different game mode ideas within the office walls, some small and some large, and even asymmetrical modes where a small team takes on a bigger one. As per usual I can't give any ETA or promises that we will actually use this idea, but I really appreciate you sharing it.

One thing I am struggling to solve/figure out is how to make a small game mode feel and play like a big game mode, with the familiar chaos of Battlefield. Generally we see that most players prefer the diversity that Battlefield offers, with vehicles and infantry. Can that be integrated in the POW-idea? Do you have any thoughts on that topic?

Thanks!

I think it would be cool for it to be a possibility for like the escaping team to hop in a car but to get the car they would have to wire it and the wait time would be like a rush bomb. About 5-20 seconds max. If unlocked, the enemy team would also get use of a car or vehicle. I think this would be a cool game mode especially if the defending team was put in the center of a map with the only notion known is that there are 5-15 attackers coming to get the prisoners. It would be very interesting. Thanks for your time and I hope you consider the points that myself and the rest of the forum has made.
  • reddharing
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Indigownd wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Thanks!

Yes, actually. If I were going to be rescuing prisoners, I would plan to take a truck to load said prisoners into. Working in that rescuers have protect and drive a truck to and from the point would be just the thing. Aircraft too, as a bomber disabling the truck would be possible.

Not perfect, but a start.
  • jmottone
    @Indigownd I definitely understand the desire for vehicles.

The way I envision this game mode, would be an initial join similar to Operations....Where the squad could select a small 5 man option or a larger 10 man perhaps, which would bring the total players up to 20 if multiplayer...or a 5 man squad could take on a wave of a selected number of AI guards.. MORE OPTIONS ARE ALWAYS BETTER!!!

If 5 man, the 5 escapees will overtake a few guards as a coordinated strike, seen as a cutscene. This is where they would acquire their weapons....OR have the 5 overtake a guard shack containing ammo and weapon crates where the escapees could arm themselves with a weapon of their choice from any of the four classes and other types of gear, like gas grenades, etc. At this point, the 5 escapees would study the map of the Prison Camp on the wall (or desk) with some type of cut scene. They would have about 20-30 seconds to look at the map and strategize their escape. This whole exchange should be under one minute or so. A truck could be seen on the outer edge of the map and be an option for escape to the final extraction point(unoccupied area), but should be more difficult to access than just a straight up escape. At this point there are several options....The escapees could free other prisoners, perhaps, that would not be actual players, but just AI POW's. By freeing those prisoners, this would most likely complicate your escape due to the fact that those AI's could draw attention to your escapee squad and set off the sirens...But would also result in more points being scored for your squad. There would be towers with spotlights that could spot your squad mates and rescued POW's, and alert the Guards with WW1 type sirens, which both the lights and the sirens could be shot out by the escapees to make detection more difficult for the guards. The truck, if you chose to implement it into the game mode, would be pretty far on the outskirts of the camp, because I don't think POW's would have easy access to vehicles within a camp. But this truck could aid in the progression to the final extraction point, which can be reached by each of the escapees, which more points would be scored if all players reach extraction, and would be an unoccupied area of the map. SO, this is the escapee side...Lets try to flesh out the guards role in this....

You could have guards that start off on the opposite side of the map from where the escapees spawn, on towers, or on the ground based on where the guards chose to spawn(a spawn option should be presented in pre-game). Once the escapees rescue some POW's OR leave the guard shack after arming themselves,, the guards should be alerted to their presence and free to give chase. Of course, if the escapees make it to extraction, or kill all the guards, they win...If the guards prevent extraction, by killing all the escapees, the guards win. We can further flesh out some more ideas if you would like. There are so many options. Take a look at Battlefield Hardline - Rescue for a foundation, but this game mode "ESCAPE", I feel would be much more epic and much more tactical. So many options, and so exciting to think of a game mode like this. I am sure that you guys can come up with something that will draw many players to this game mode due to the strategic and tactical nature of escaping from a heavily guarded camp.

I don't think I would implement any aircraft in this mode, due to the more intimate setting...

And this could also be implemented as a more challenging wave type mode where it could be seen as a co-op type mission that could be played against real people OR waves of AI guards, which can also be selected as an option for the escapee squad. I would absolutely love to have 4 of my squad mates and myself taking on about 20 AI guards. Challenging and super fun! Please feel free to hit me up and we can bounce some ideas off of each other, if you have some time...

Thanks,
    Shyne