"The Server Has Expired" - DICE/EA's way of saying "We don't want your money."

Antivanity
98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Today, we got our server full at 64 players, a new round starts and everyone is booted from our server with "The Server Has Expired". Now, i get it if the customer (us) hasn't paid for the server. But you give us no GOD DAMN option to pay you guys early. None. Nada. We work hard to promote our server and in turn, we are promoting YOUR GAME. However, it feels like you are bending us over with every blockade possible to keep server owners from running a smooth operating server. I and may other communities are getting tired of your BS. The 20 player start, cant renew until server expires, server browser doesn't work, cant admin our server, no private servers.. etc..etc..etc.

Its no wonder that a lot of communities do not support Battlefield1, (EGO, XTG, ADK, MIG, just to mention a few..) all large communities have given up on your game, DICE. Right to Rebel, a 10 year old community with 200+ members, has been a very long time supporter of the Battlefield series.. Please don't make us leave Battlefield 1.

Comments

• Sym5150
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can't renew it, "renew" is not in the little menu like last month. Bet it is a glitch due to the 31 day month caused by poor code writing.
    Went to Origin help for technical support, says I have a 799 min (13 hrs) wait for a call back. Hmm that would be tomorrow, making it Sunday. If remember correctly they are closed on Sundays.

It's not that they don't "...want our money." ,they just want us to know that they think of us as condoms by treating us with such disregard.

Is this incompetence? Greed? Disrespect? Hostile to Clans/Communities?

I'm not sure why I even bother posting here, going to EA/Dice with issues is Digital **** with no pay off.
  • Sym5150
    Instead of 13 hours it was Three.
    They "fixed" it by adding 3 days to the server he said. It no longer said "expired". Got 20 people together and fired it up, all got kicked once the game started with a "expired server" message. it's midnight and of course Sunday so we are screwed.

This is a triple A game? Indie game devs on green light are doing a better job with multiplayer platforms, and that is not hyperbole.
  • Jabaariyn
    316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would be looking for an apology at minimum..
  • LightHammer02
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Myself and several of my XI Clan mates were in there when it crashed... it sucked!

We have our own server, but like you said, with the needing 20 peopple to start the damn thing... it's ridiculous! We're talking about ending our server until they get this straightened out!!
  • Axlerod1
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We got rid of ours back in November. All RSP is right now is a waste of money. We had 2, one was hardcore and was was regular. It does not look it will be better until March.
  • Sym5150
    Started it up today and more of the same. Once it started it kicked all for "expired server" .
    This is a RSP program? No one **** soul around to do anything on Sunday? Why?
    EA went forward with a RSP program ( GREEDY MONEY GRAB FROM OUR GSP's) with almost no support staff except for some tool in India I can't understand.....and NONE on SUNDAY.
    And some EA/DICE nimrod thought it was good idea? Diminished returns is what your going to end up with.

BTW ARMA III just had a great update!
  • CrashCA
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And Squad works quite well. Meanwhile EA is " improving the player experience "
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Today, we got our server full at 64 players, a new round starts and everyone is booted from our server with "The Server Has Expired". Now, i get it if the customer (us) hasn't paid for the server. But you give us no GOD DAMN option to pay you guys early. None. Nada. We work hard to promote our server and in turn, we are promoting YOUR GAME. However, it feels like you are bending us over with every blockade possible to keep server owners from running a smooth operating server. I and may other communities are getting tired of your BS. The 20 player start, cant renew until server expires, server browser doesn't work, cant admin our server, no private servers.. etc..etc..etc.

Its no wonder that a lot of communities do not support Battlefield1, (EGO, XTG, ADK, MIG, just to mention a few..) all large communities have given up on your game, DICE. Right to Rebel, a 10 year old community with 200+ members, has been a very long time supporter of the Battlefield series.. Please don't make us leave Battlefield 1.

I recently brought up this with Ali. He seemed unaware this was an issue. He is looking into making it a subscription option ... like it should have been.
  • Tr3adst3r
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I learnt this the hard way. to avoid this issue i purchased a server early in the morning, as at that time no one is typically on it, so when the renew time came, it would be relatively pain free
  • Sym5150
    I learnt this the hard way. to avoid this issue i purchased a server early in the morning, as at that time no one is typically on it, so when the renew time came, it would be relatively pain free

So did I. The last time I renewed it was early AM. I believe it was caused by the 31 day month and incompetent coding.
  • Sym5150
    I'm on the phone with some guy in India talking to some guy in the US (where the servers are) who know NOTHING ABOUT GAME SERVERS. This tool thinks theses servers just fire right up, easy, just turn it on . What a bunch of MORONS. This is the replacement for GSP's like NFO?

The RSP program is nothing but a con job preying on the gaming community to make it look like they did something to the share holders. The **** part is that any of the writers and bloggers that are read enough to get the story out won't touch for fear of not getting access next time EA releases a game.
    The only thing I've seem written recently was about players getting what they claim are false bans from FairFight. Like they are responsible for the hacking situation in BF1.

BTW, I'm still on with Tech support going on 45 mins.......like I don't have anything better to do like work.
  • Sym5150
    53 mins on the phone with some dude in India and he has to pass it off to the studio?!?!?!? I can't rename the server, can't shut it down. So players go there and wait for us to seed the server, further damaging our traffic built up and players confidence in our servers.

Disrespectful, arrogant, incompetent, greedy...................we were somehow supposed to be better served by the program of tech support in India that is closed on Sunday.

Prediction; They fix it by replacing the server. There by giving us a new GUID. Just show us how CLUELESS they are and just how much they don't care.
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    last time i mentoined EAs helpdesk is outsourced into the India:
    Sawtooth75 wrote:
    Your comment in the following thread is borderline racism/discrimination. I strongly urge you to not post such comments on this forum

look forward to hearing from multicultural volunteer admin soon :hushed:
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing racist about pointing out failures in CS. It's a proven fact language barriers hamper Customer Service departments. This is why MANY IT firms are replacing CS reps with US based CS groups. It's what the customer wants. To have rental servers and not provide 24/7 support is just another failure.
  • -rTr-Souperhero
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NetRngr wrote: »

I recently brought up this with Ali. He seemed unaware this was an issue. He is looking into making it a subscription option ... like it should have been.

"Unaware" God that's so embarassing on their part. What kind of organization/company are they running?
  • NetRngr
    I say unaware because I mentioned it in the Twitter thread he has asking for suggestions and he though it was a great idea. I was like WHAAAAA? I then realized that its not what he deals with and EA actually rents the servers not DICE. I just hope having someone on the inside to point out this will help.
  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is pretty terrible, honestly imagine if domain names work like that...can't renew a domain until after it expires. All websites would have to be shutdown first before you could renew it and bring it back up. Oh the outcry, that would never have been acceptable.

I also don't know how the guy who's responsible for RSP is unaware of this pretty big issue.
  • Antivanity
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, the APEX DLC for ArmA3 is a blast.
    NetRngr wrote: »
    I say unaware because I mentioned it in the Twitter thread he has asking for suggestions and he though it was a great idea. I was like WHAAAAA? I then realized that its not what he deals with and EA actually rents the servers not DICE. I just hope having someone on the inside to point out this will help.

What a giant cluster duck.
    Post edited by Antivanity on
  • Antivanity

!!! UPDATES !!!

EA passed us on to DICE for support and we have to wait for them to call/email back. So, while waiting for DICE to fix our problem, the server is now gone. The system has deleted the server and with it the GUID. EA support doesn't understand the gravity GUID holds for servers. The amount of work it takes to populate servers and get players to favorite your server. All this work is down the drain and we start over.

EA support acted like we were children with our little toys and seemed to have very little care in the actions they take upon our servers. At this point, I am holding back every expletive for fear of being banned by the MODs. I truly wish EA/DICE actually read there own forums. I might as well go **** into the wind...
  • NetRngr
    Sorry about that Anti.