This Week in Battlefield V

Whats your age limit on gaming ? Im 38

Comments

• MATT-CHEW82
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm 34, my wife is 31.
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    onkruid26 wrote: »
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »
    I'm 33 and I destroy teenagers all day. Trust me teenagers may have fast reflexes but theyre dumber than a turkey in a rainstorm.

The thing with teenagers and people in their low twenties is indeed there lack off thinking things trough :-)
    kaliyl777 wrote: »
    I'm 42, my eye hand coordination is for the birds at this point too, but I still have fun.

Well i'm 42 and i still finish top 5 in alot of games i play,, nothing to do with age.. Have to do with practice
  • DonutSarge
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    that's what im talking about ! lets just have a garbage platoon, like bad news bears lmao !
    I'm 42, my eye hand coordination is for the birds at this point too, but I still have fun.

• kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    fortress66 wrote: »
    onkruid26 wrote: »
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »
    I'm 33 and I destroy teenagers all day. Trust me teenagers may have fast reflexes but theyre dumber than a turkey in a rainstorm.

The thing with teenagers and people in their low twenties is indeed there lack off thinking things trough :-)

Well i'm 42 and i still finish top 5 in alot of games i play,, nothing to do with age.. Have to do with practice

True, this is my first battlefield, and I am getting better.
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DonutSarge wrote: »
    that's what im talking about ! lets just have a garbage platoon, like bad news bears lmao !

LOL! The bad news Battlefield Bears!" We may not be able to hit the side of a barn, but were still havin fun young bucks!!"
  • Mikex2112
    1016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    42 here and can stomp the hell out of other players half my age.......With ease
  • xLordVaderx12345
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm 38 and been playing since Coleco vision and NES original days. Owned about every system but am Xbox guy now. Nothing wrong with gaming as an adult as long as your keeping up with life's responsibilities. I work raise three kids and game at night from like 9 to midnight later on weekends. Wake up go to work. Still do other things all day. Gaming is my down time to enjoy.
  • Petedawg508
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if it were up to my wife my limit would be today!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13061 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    NES.

Ahhh yes, The old NES.

1985 I believe?

I had one when I was a kid, How I enjoyed the games on that.. Besides having to take out the cartridge and blow the dust out of them on occasion.
  • boutneus
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There's an age limit? Hell I'll be gaming till I'm 90 if I get that far lol. Could use a minimum age though
  • Petedawg508
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NES.

Ahhh yes, The old NES.

1985 I believe?

I had one when I was a kid, How I enjoyed the games on that.. Besides having to take out the cartridge and blow the dust out of them on occasion.

what? no way!
    You had to blow into the cartidge, then open the latch and blow into the NES itself, then when you put the disk in you had to put it in where when you pushed down it clipped the edge of the openeing...only way it would work :)
  • Charly0871
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    45 and still kicking.... Top 5 on every match I play even on the losing side of the match and always PTFO!

When will I stop? Just never. Gaming keeps your mind fresh and active, the lack of smooth reflexes and reaction times are compensated by experience and smart playing.

My old man is 80 and he has the greatest Funko Pops collection I've ever seen (Over 3000). He's been collecting comics since the early 60's as well. As you can see it's not a matter of age, it's a matter of heart and personality.
  • LeesSummit09
    364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just turned 65 earlier this month. Been playing BF since #1 on PC.
  • AbyssMessiah
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    38 here also. Playing since I was 6. Wife is telling me I`m getting old for playing from time to time. I always reply I should start drinking alcohool and chase underaged girls in parks, wearing only my birthday suit under a rain coat. She always tells me gaming is just fine shortly after :)
  • II-Kronan-II
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    It's amazing to me that people somehow still believe in the myth that teenagers have better "reflexes".

The reason that the average teenager reacts faster than an average adult when playing an FPS game is because they have much more practice - the brain automatically reacts faster to inputs if it has had many hours of repeating the same tasks. Many teens get home from school and sit in their rooms for 4-6 hours or more, just gaming the **** out of what's popular at the moment. That's why you're getting destroyed.

Take driving for example. Studies have shown that adults in their 30s and 40s have faster reaction times in traffic than newly minted, younger drivers. Once again, the brain builds on practice.

I'm around 30 and my stats are above average. I have no trouble playing together with kids and twitching shots when needed, and my skills have certainly not declined a bit. Why? Multiple hours of consistent practice every day, as PC gaming is my main indoors hobby.

Have fun playing and enjoy what you enjoy!
  • bleachee
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm 41 and I plan to quit the day after I die.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There's lots of father/son duos on consoles. Dont think there really is an age factor.

You have nothing to worry about.
  • TwinWoIf
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    I take extended breaks here and there, but I think I'm going to be gaming 'till I die.

24 btw.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm 48 and still enjoy it, when I was on world of tanks ,someone did a poll and it turned out the most common age range on that game was 45-50.i once met a guy on there who was 73 .told me he was retired still in good health and had nothing better to do. cheers to him . and to all of us long-toothers who still enjoy something that we enjoyed growing up. I may not be very good at this game ,but i'll kick your azz on pac-man.(the original)
  • Mikex2112
    1016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm 48 and still enjoy it, when I was on world of tanks ,someone did a poll and it turned out the most common age range on that game was 45-50.i once met a guy on there who was 73 .told me he was retired still in good health and had nothing better to do. cheers to him . and to all of us long-toothers who still enjoy something that we enjoyed growing up. I may not be very good at this game ,but i'll kick your azz on pac-man.(the original)

I was really good at Defender and Missile Command
    I miss Pac-Man *sad face*