Dynamite users

SaintBrandon88
1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I like using dynamite, but I run into problems with it all the time. Let's take Ballroom Blitz for example. You can't throw it into those windows on the hallway. It just bounces off, regardless of whether you bust them out or not. Got me killed today because my team was trapped in the halls and I tried to flank to take a few out. I think you should be able to throw dynamite a little higher in general. Sometimes it's tough to get it over a short wall.

Comments

• Charly0871
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bounces on walls, teammates, windows and pretty much everything. Every time I equip dynamite on my loadout I'm resigned to a suicidal mentality most of the time LOL.

To be honest they could improve the height of the throw (not the distance for balance purposes) just a litlle.

Dynamite is not even close in this game to C4 in previous versions of BF.
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Charly0871 wrote: »
    Bounces on walls, teammates, windows and pretty much everything. Every time I equip dynamite on my loadout I'm resigned to a suicidal mentality most of the time LOL.

To be honest they could improve the height of the throw (not the distance for balance purposes) just a litlle.

Dynamite is not even close in this game to C4 in previous versions of BF.

Lol, I hear you. I at least try to take a couple with me if I'm gonna die. Yeah, it's very tough to throw at times. Throwing through a window should be fairly simple.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Should be sticky as well
  • WackoJecko
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its definitely BS ye. You can throw a grenade for 30 meters but you cant throw dynamite ( which is about the same weight, maybe more, but not superheavy ) for 5 meter
  • Bossman1794
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's a pretty awful gadget. Because it doesn't stick and you can't throw it far its use against vehicles is limited, and other than that it just functions as a glorified trip mine.
    I never use it anymore, I prefer the flexibility of the AT gun and grenades.
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think it's pretty terrible as well, it just has no utility compared to other gadgets, I only use it on Operations when I need it for a medal.
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The reason they gimped it some is that they didn't want it to be like C4 in BF4, which was a very powerful grenade. That's why there is also a small delay in your ability to switch to dynamite and deploy it.

I use it quite a bit, but mostly for demolition purposes. If there's a bunch of dudes hunkering in the top floor of a building, why risk yourself going up the stairs after them? Put dynamite in a room below them and get an easy multi-kill. It's also great for unaware camping vehicles.
  • MATT-CHEW82
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Charly0871 wrote: »
    Every time I equip dynamite on my loadout I'm resigned to a suicidal mentality most of the time LOL.

This 100%. Dynamite doesn't "stick" like c4 did in precious Battlefields. It is IMPOSSIBLE to throw 3 dynamite sticks on a moving tank and get away to safety and blow it because the tank has moved far enough away to only take some damage.

Because the c4 doesn't stick, any halfway decent tank driver will just take off before you have time to both throw the dynamite and get far enough away to safety.

DICE, you REALLY dropped the ball with dynamite. I loved C4 in previous Battlefield games but dynamite in BF1 is only good for suiciding tanks or bunker/doorway trolling on Argonne.

• disposalist
    8480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's an awesome demolition tool and already gets used in unrealistically useful ways.

I don't think it's unreasonable to not be able to throw it around like C4. In the realism department, you shouldn't be throwing and remote detonating at all, you should be carefully placing, inserting caps, unspooling and trailing a wire being careful not to trap or kink it, connect up the plunger terminals, charging the plunger, etc, etc.

Ok, so we're not talking realism or what we should 'expect' from it, we're talking balance... It's still fine ;)
  • superteds
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    run + jump + throw
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i love dynamite and the jihadist mentality it brings to some players :D
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I basically only use dynamite for blowing up buildings that snipers are hiding in. It's not too great otherwise unless you plan on laying a trap and waiting I suppose. I've done that once against a Villar Perosa sentry that I knew would be taking a certain path. It's not really worth doing against regular soldiers though unless they're grouped up.
  • superteds
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I basically only use dynamite for blowing up buildings that snipers are hiding in. It's not too great otherwise unless you plan on laying a trap and waiting I suppose. I've done that once against a Villar Perosa sentry that I knew would be taking a certain path. It's not really worth doing against regular soldiers though unless they're grouped up.

it's great to throw around corners in bunkers etc, or in conjunction with a scouts flare to set up traps on stairs and so on.
  • plain_ole_pain
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I believe their thinking was to avoid the possibility of dynamite vehicle jihadist which was highly abused in BF4.
  • ColonelCuckold
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I waa playing on sinai yesterday and came across a stick of dynamite in the doorway of one of houses near C.

I took a step back and shot it

Triple kill

I'm sure his friends were grateful for the trap he had set
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Playing with the dynamite is a risky choice. I also struggle sometimes with the throws and them bouncing off things. Feels like their hit box is a lot bigger than the model.
  • Destrodelphia
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    I was playing Calvary on Suez last night, and while trying to flank hard to the end of the map, I ran across an assault who saw me coming from a long way off. I had plenty of time to keep him lined up, and he had plenty of time to gun me down, however I noticed a tiny black splotch pop into existence about 8 feet in front of him. I laughed audibly and swung wide, avoiding his dynamite. As I made another pass, the guy ran towards his own dynamite (still without firing his gun), hoping to draw me in for the kill. Instead I just ignored him all together, swept wide and went to the objective. I gotta hand it to him — the guy did his very best to fool me, and had I not been sitting closer to the TV, I'd have probably rode into his kill zone.
  • luke3026
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    9 times out of 10 when trying to use dynamite, I'm killed before I can push the plunger. I totally suck at using that stuff, but it is quite fun to get kills with it. It'd be nice to be able to throw it just a bit further. Not as far as a grenade, but a little further would be nice.
  • SaintBrandon88
    luke3026 wrote: »
    9 times out of 10 when trying to use dynamite, I'm killed before I can push the plunger. I totally suck at using that stuff, but it is quite fun to get kills with it. It'd be nice to be able to throw it just a bit further. Not as far as a grenade, but a little further would be nice.

It's very deadly. I don't necessarily think it needs to be able to be thrown further, just higher and easier to throw in windows. I've taken out quite a few tanks (solo) with it and at grenades. Also love taking out horses with it. Fun stuff. But I've died many times trying to toss it in an open window, only for the guy to notice me, and I usually end up killing myself and only if I'm lucky, taking him out, too.
  • Mike_V1987
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wish it would stick to vehicles, that's about it.