Question: How many games have you been in where the behemoth changed the outcome of the game?

2»

Comments

• Ronin0ni
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin0ni wrote: »
    Whether you had the behemoth on your side or the opposing side. How many games can you recall where you really saw a your team or again the opposing team come back to win or make it a close game because of the impact of the behemoth.

Maybe 15% of the time?

Less than 25% probably... but it really shouldn't be higher than that TBQH. If it was a auto game flipper it'd break balance. It's just supposed to give the losing team a chance and help keep the game closer to reduce blowouts.

By even getting a behemoth, the teams are shown to be somewhat imbalanced in the first place, so unless there was a player shift (quitters and joiners) it's unlikely to actually make the team play better.

Functioning as intended.

I agree, I don't play operations as much as conquest but it does help in operations mode however, in conquest mode it seems to be just meh. Hardcore conquest it has little more impact I have found not much though.

Some maps have more effect than others.

St Quentin Scar, Sinai Desert, Ballroom Blitz I think are the maps I've seen the most impact.

Argonne Forest it flips the C point easily, and a decent but losing team can capitalize on that. (rarely see it though)

Suez it locks down the railway side of the map for flank route to back cap. Nobody bloody back caps for whatever reason though... but it gives the team an easy route to if they'd pull their heads out their rear end.

In the mountains AA can take down the Behemoth pretty quickly, so that it doesn't make as much impact.

Dreadnaught often fails to do much in CQ in my experience. Unlike Operations players are spread out more, so bombardments killing 10+ players per left click is much much less common.
  • Trokey66
    8169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't quantify it but I have lost to and won because of the Behemoth on numerous occasions.

Let's not forget, the Behemoth is not a guaranteed winner, just a potential boost for a losing team that can capitalise on it if they try.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Out of my 156 ingame/inserver hours, I'v only seen the behemoth help attackers on operation, and by help, I mean give some breathing room until the next sector. I'v yet to see a behemoth make it further than 1 sector without getting annihilated. For defense, behemoths are only a distraction that buys a couple of minutes and that's it. I don't think behemoths are the issue in this game mode, it's more about the placement of the flags and/or maps significantly favoring one side over the other (namely oil of empire = free win for defense unless they sleep/go full [email protected]).

In conquest, I'v seen maybe a total of 5 comebacks allowed because of behemoths. If they want to allow good comebacks in conquest, they have to make it so the later in the game you are, the more points the flags give. This would give the chance for the losers to bring their stuff together and manage to turn the game around if they get the majority of the flags. Right now, once the winning team has a decent lead (about when the behemoth spawns, which is something like 150 points difference I believe), the winners can take the time to switch about all their attention to the behemoth to deal with it swiftly and then resume flag capturing. They can allow themselves to lose almost all flags while taking care of the behemoth (the winning team's lead will be enough to still be ahead even if the losing team captures almost all flags while the behemoth is still "alive") and then just recapture a total of 2 or 3 flags and they'll win, making the game decided in the first 10min about 99% of the games.
  • plain_ole_pain
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Let's not forget, the Behemoth is not a guaranteed winner, just a potential boost for a losing team that can capitalise on it if they try.

I don't want it to be that way either but right know like many have said here on conquest it's almost to the point of being ignored. I would like to see when it comes in on conquest to be more of concern like the way it feels in operations.

• Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah as an update to my post I should make it clear that I've only seen it make a different a handful of times in CONQUEST which I mostly play.
    Operations is a completely different kettle of fish.
    It hasn't exactly altered the tide because the attackers were winning already, but I have been in two Operations in the last week or so that ended with the Attackers getting an Armoured Train in the final sector of the 2nd map. Once in Amiens and then again in Argonne Forest.
    Both times it was just adding insult to injury.
    In one case the final sector was the only one in which they had been defeated, they had blazed their way across both maps up until that point. When we (the Defenders) finally held them off just once, they got rewarded with an Armoured Train. The sector fell and they won the game in around 60 seconds. I can't see how they needed that. We were crushed already.
    They have a far greater impact on Operations because often there are only two Objectives to conquer and the Behemoth can solo one of them. In Conquest with the Objectives spread from one end of the map to the other, they have a far weaker impact.
  • Trokey66
    8169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

I don't want it to be that way either but right know like many have said here on conquest it's almost to the point of being ignored. I would like to see when it comes in on conquest to be more of concern like the way it feels in operations.

One player, the driver, can determine whether the Behemoth becomes an asset to the losing team or a mere annoyance to the winning team.

I am not a fan of 'vote to kick' in vehicles but for the Behemoth, I would seriously consider making an exception.
  • chawktrick
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    So glad someone started this thread as I just commented about it in another.

I only have a little more than 45 hours of total gameplay, almost entirely on Conquest, and the Behemoths are relatively useless in this game mode IMHO. I see people with multiple times more gameplay hours than me are experiencing this, too. The Behemoths either show up when the deficit is too large to overcome or they show up when the winning team already has a substantial advantage and is close to victory.

I think the team with the Behemoth should earn slightly more points for the length of time they have it, i.e. if you have Y amount of flags and are earning X amount of points per second, perhaps increase that integer by .25. This would give the enemy team a reason to focus attacks on it and it would give the losing team a better chance to decrease the score deficit.

Getting a Behemoth when you're down 250 points really doesn't do anything, nor does it do anything when you've got 700 points and the enemy is already up to 825 (which has happened).
  • MonkishOnion
    354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's happened a handful of times, usually when it's the airship.

But who knows really if it was the airship or players quitting which let better players join.
  • TheGamingGabe345
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think maybe twice, they are just so easy to kill especially the airship and when you have a bad crew
  • Prep768
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It has happened, how many? A fair few tbh

Last one was today actually but at the risk of posting proof that would include my gameplay
    @ 16mins in 480 - 640
    @ 21mins in 715 - 820
    @ 26 mins 1000 - 997 B)

even on the losing team I love it when it's that close
  • A_warped_mind
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    About once in 177 hours worth of conquest play.

Last night I saw something i'd never expected to see on Fao fortress the enemy had the Dreadnought at 700 or so tickets after about 5 mins whoever the pilot was (he managed to beach the thing inbetween flags A and B I think he was trying to get it through that tiny waterway lol.

Yes he actually beached the Dreadnought first time i'd ever seen it that close .
  • bran1986
    5590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    had it happen a yesterday on ballroom blitz. I have seen it happen a dozen or so times on conquest.
  • kbj1972
    259 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have been playing some maps lately where the other team knew how to use the behemoth to their advantage and turn things around.
  • dcs500
    1387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Amiens, last objective. Once the attackers get the train it can cover both objectives with the right crew and is pretty much the instant victory for the attackers.
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Completely steamrolled an enemy team last night. They were on 80 tickets when they got their Behemoth, never seen one that early before. Needless to say it didn't turn the tide.
  • plain_ole_pain
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    Amiens, last objective. Once the attackers get the train it can cover both objectives with the right crew and is pretty much the instant victory for the attackers.

For me the train is the easiest behemoth to take out as individual.