Battlefield 1, Hardline part 2

MegaTurtlebeta
86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Honestly this new bf reeks of hardline. Very fast movement, an awful setting for a bf game, no teamwork, everyone running assault class.

Its ww1 but its trying to be ww2
Its an alt timeline ww1 but it doesnt look at all like ww1

Worst of all. The only class with access to the bolt action rifle, which is THE most iconic weapon type of ww1, is only in the hands of the class i find most annoying and wastes the most server slot: The Recon class, i mean the scout class.

I am disappoint dice. I really am. I resent all these battlefield fanboys that add to the hype of this game. The same people that most likely dismissed hardline when it was shown off.

Comments

• crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Video Game" - Life
  • Peccath
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    First and foremost it's a Battlefield game. Secondly, its setting (some might say "skin") is WW1. If you expect it to be the other way around, you'll be disappointed. As it is, it actually looks like a good game. However, it's not even close to classic games such as BF2/2142...
  • TheAllFatherOdin
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    If youre worried about no teamwork, then squad up with your friends. Ive seen alot of videos and guys arent running just assualt class. Its an alpha so theyre trying out everything. Idk what era you wanted the game to be but futuristic type games like CoD are absolute trash. Bf4 and hardline were pretty lame. I know most people are afraid of change, but i look forward to it
  • shermansghost
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have you played it? Because there is very little influence from Hardline when I have. There is a bit of battlefront in the game (menu, font, a few weapons, UI) but I not seeing much hardline in this game.
  • Bladescorpion
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
    Honestly this new bf reeks of hardline. Very fast movement, an awful setting for a bf game, no teamwork, everyone running assault class.

Its ww1 but its trying to be ww2
    Its an alt timeline ww1 but it doesnt look at all like ww1

Worst of all. The only class with access to the bolt action rifle, which is THE most iconic weapon type of ww1, is only in the hands of the class i find most annoying and wastes the most server slot: The Recon class, i mean the scout class.

I am disappoint dice. I really am. I resent all these battlefield fanboys that add to the hype of this game. The same people that most likely dismissed hardline when it was shown off.

Agree. They should have just made a wwii game, as that is what they pretty much made it class wide in the end.

Based on YouTube vids from level cap and the e3 stuff, Everyone just runs assault, bolt action rifles are honestly worthless outside of sniping at range, and there is honestly no point in using them. I get that they are making it casual friendly, but bolt action should at least get 1 hit kill at medium and close range to offset the assault abuse. Or at least make assault's very inaccurate except at close range.

It looks like it also plays like a cross between hardline and battlefront, and I don't mean that as a compliment.

They did get air combat right, though. And the gas mask is a nice feature. Good job on those!
    Post edited by Bladescorpion on
  • defender465
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I thought hardline was fun. I don't understand why it get's all of the hate.
  • GeneralKyle7
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have you played it? Because there is very little influence from Hardline when I have. There is a bit of battlefront in the game (menu, font, a few weapons, UI) but I not seeing much hardline in this game.

Gunplay is the exact same as Hardline, Which i actually enjoy. But BF1 Overall does play more like Hardline as Oppose to BF4.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    I thought hardline was fun. I don't understand why it get's all of the hate.

It had a lot of small issues, and the theme went in a different direction. It also had a lot of good ideas as well, but sadly the bad tend to outweigh the good.
    -
    I only played it a little bit after it launched... but from what I remember, the reloading system was changed. The actual reload lasted for almost as long as the animation itself. On certain weapons, you had to wait until your characters arm went firmly back on the barrel of the weapon before you could start shooting again... if you did anything prior to that, switch weapons, drop ammo/health, then the reload would be cancelled. Casual players only ever had 4 primary weapons to choose from at any given moment, since syndicate weapons and weapon licenses had ridiculous challenges. Incendiary grenades would go through walls.
    -
    For me at least, problems like those pushed me away.
    Post edited by A_Cool_Gorilla on
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    It seems a number of people feel the same as you do, OP.
    I'm interested in seeing for myself when the open beta comes. I like both BFHL and BF4 so it's all good to me.
  • DrVeloxcity
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Good for you, don't play it then.

In fact, I'm glad it took aspects from Hardline. :)
  • Peccath
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Gunplay is the exact same as Hardline, Which i actually enjoy. But BF1 Overall does play more like Hardline as Oppose to BF4.

The little I played Hardline on its demo (aka "beta"), the gunplay was guns with ROF of thousand rounds per minute with 3 bullets to kill. BF1 is not like that at all.