AA Truck - Operations - Massive Problem

Comments

• WonikerFiend00
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TK-Demise wrote: »
    I think people are missing my point already.

I didn't say the AA Truck was op I was saying that it's unfair that ground troops cannot get to it in order to support the air forces.

There is no reason why in operations a truck should be allowed to camp so far beyond a sector that infantry cannot access with the sole purpose of trying to destroy planes. It is unfair on the opposition and it also unfair on your teammates.

Giving some opposing ground troops access to the possibility of being able to take it out would surely encourage better game play in operations?

Rocket gun? Tanks? Team work?

On Operations you can't.

You can only access the sector your attacking/defending and the sector where you spawn. Your enemy can't enter your spawn sector or else they will die.

AA Trucks therefore camp right at the back of the spawn sector making it impossible for players to even get near them with a tank or rocket gun.

On conquest it's fine. In operations it's game breaking for both teams.

I misunderstood, I thought you meant the AA truck was on the border of the current sector. I've seen that plenty of times but never on the previous sector that far back.

Why are you flying over the previous sector? At that distance the AA Truck should have a hard time being accurate if your flying in the current sector. Maybe you need to learn how to do evasive manuvers in the planes? How is it unfair when the opposing team can utilize the same strategy?

On some of the objectives you have no choice. So for example on Monte Grappa (the third sector) with objective B at the top of the hill.

Your enemy is attacking/defending the objective and you need to provide air support. Not just bombs but flares too. You fly in, drop the load and have to fly forwards a little but by then it is too late as the AA truck is parked behind a crevice and just obliterates the sky. You can maneuver but then you can't support that objective anymore knowing you can't kill that truck.

As a ground troop I would see this and I would want to help my pilot friends by trying to take out the AA truck, but I can't because it's parked right at the back of a sector I can spend 10 seconds in before dying.

So the pilot isn't supporting me as they are forced to go to another objective, we have a truck that can't be killed spamming the sky and then we have two sets of troops receiving no support whatsoever from pilot or truck.

Monte Grappa is an example but it's the same on most other maps!

Try a fighter plane (trench) and not the attack plane. Sounds like the issue you are having is on that particular map only. Maybe the boundaries on that map should be tweaked.

Sorry I don't wan't to continually disagree with you but I did state it isn't just that map.

It is the same on all the maps with aircraft but that was the most recent example I had of the issue before I came to write this thread.

The problem with the anti-trench bombs is they are good for killing infantry but they cannot take out an AA truck. Hardly any of the aircraft can except maybe the bomber. But that is far too slow to be able to win that fight.

The only option is ground troops. But they can't get near enough to the truck making it nearly impossible to kill.

This subsequently has all sorts of consequences. It means that the team using the AA truck has no access to other vehicles for the duration of the game because it cannot be destroyed and therefore cannot respawn. It means the opponents can't support certain objective from the air because the AA truck is parked nearby and is unstoppable. It then just becomes an infantry battle on the ground where tactics go out of the window and whomever can spawn their players in the quickest wins that point.

It is literally unstoppable. The air cannot stop it, the ground cannot stop it. The enemy can't kill it and the team doesn't benefit from it.

It is purely for players wanting to be selfish and sit there for 30+ minutes shooting the sky for points. A lot is said on this forum about things being OP, but none of those things ruin the game for all parties as the AA truck in operations when it is parked miles away just spamming.

• Evil_Barabbas
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Creasie wrote: »
    I constantly see pilots go 60-0... I also see some go 40ish-5ish...
    Yeah right. And I constantly see AA truck drivers go 100-0, constantly.
    Try shooting down a fighter plane in that AA truck, it's very hard to do and doesn't happen often. Attack planes and bombers are more susceptible and need to be piloted more cautiously, meaning avoid flying over or near the AA truck. It's up to the tankers and assualt (rocket gun) to take the AA truck out. It's called team work.

Try flying a fighter plane when there is an AA truck parked somewhere. You are basically doing nothing. You can't attack the AA truck in your fighter plane so you have to rely on your teammates who don't give a **** about you in your fighter plane in the air and the AA truck that is not attacking them. So all you can do is avoid it but since Operations and Rush are not played on huge maps but just parts of it there is not much to do when SAA or MAA is controlling the air. You can try to do quick bombing runs and then back off again to repair but it's a pain in the **** and most of the time a waste of your time.
    Flying is aweful except for maybe in conquest, I don't really know because I don't play it that much. Yesterday a fighter plane tried to destroy my fighter plane so what I did was keep flying in circles and avoiding him for 2 minutes or so and when I lost him I repaired. Then I tried to attack him and we ended up flying in circles for several minutes again. It was a complete waste of time and utterly frustrating and boring. I'm sure there are pilots out there who are much, much better than me who can deal with it better but after 13 days and 17 hours played in total and 1 day and 9 hours spend in fighter planes you would think someone would be able to fly a plane properly and not be countered by someone who is just flying in circles all the time. It's extra super fun when after you dealt with the enemy planes and AA you see a new enemy plane in the air already or you get shot at by a sniper or LMG which do ridiculous amounts of damage (basically every support player has a mobile light AA weapon, people just don't realize it because they have no clue about flying).
    Planes are only OP when you let them be. Nobody goes 60-0 when you actually try to kill them.

Pilots do it all the time bud although it usually closer to 40-50. I'll have to snap you some screen shots on PS4 next time I'm on. I never seen an AA truck go 100-0 though lol...
  • Tr34
    257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    I agree, planes should actually do some serious damage to them. If it camps at attacker base, no one can kill it.
    They stay out of range for assaults or other counters.
    There's no way a defender tank will rush to attacker redzone just to kill the camper. They don't care anyway, their goal is to protect the objectives.
    That play style has nearly no practical counter which makes it unbalanced.
    Instead, attackers should have stationary AAs with an ability to respawn, which is still counterable. Plus these guns also don't waste a crucial tank slot for attackers.
  • WonikerFiend00
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HerakIinos wrote: »

I didn't say the AA Truck was op I was saying that it's unfair that ground troops cannot get to it in order to support the air forces.

There is no reason why in operations a truck should be allowed to camp so far beyond a sector that infantry cannot access with the sole purpose of trying to destroy planes. It is unfair on the opposition and it also unfair on your teammates.

Giving some opposing ground troops access to the possibility of being able to take it out would surely encourage better game play in operations?

Rocket gun? Tanks? Team work?

On Operations you can't.

You can only access the sector your attacking/defending and the sector where you spawn. Your enemy can't enter your spawn sector or else they will die.

AA Trucks therefore camp right at the back of the spawn sector making it impossible for players to even get near them with a tank or rocket gun.

On conquest it's fine. In operations it's game breaking for both teams.

Cant planes get out of sector to repair too? Remove this feature then. Also give the assault players jetpack so they can reach the planes and destoy them.

You clearly didnt read the OP.. You cant compare the aa truck to a aircraft. We arent talking about leaving the sextor to repair. They CAMP out of the enemy sector and use the truck to snipe. Can a aircraft do that? No? Gotcha.. nice try though

Yes I did. I am just **** tired of pilots complaining because someone ended their precious 50 kill streak in a operations game. I nerver said that before but git gud.

I'm not a pilot if you'd like to read my original post. I am more of a scout that at times likes the challenge of piloting.

I'm not saying this so I can get more kills, I'm saying this to bring balance for all players.

The fact you have to tell others to git gud means that you are likely the campers we speak off and are now in full blown panic mode because someone at DICE might just think 'you know what he has a point'.

When an AA truck is camping far out of the reach of ground and air on operations it becomes an indestructible killing machine that neither supports or helps their own team. It doesn't play any objective, it just sits there spamming the air.

That's fine if you want to do that but surely in terms of fair play I should be able to stop you?

lol I've never used any kind of vehicle.

If that's the case what then gives you the right to comment on others getting good at something that you never use?

I already said. I am tired of pilots going 80-2 in operations. Its way too easy to farm kills there and there is almost no counter to it. The air x ground balance is completely **** up in that game mode and thats one of the main reasons a barely play it anymore.

But that's down to your team and not planes being OP.

If it's me and a plane is bombing the life out of my team I'm straight on the AA gun or into a plane to challenge those pilots.

Planes are not indestructible. A well hidden AA truck is. That's my complaint.
  • r0nin_Ts
    1410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    *Deleted*
    Post edited by r0nin_Ts on
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    Lets have the AA guns respawn then or maybe there are some maps that could do with having a few more. I've been in operations games where the attacking pilots can go pretty much unchallenged by anything except small arms fire. That in my eyes is the poor balance.

You mean the defending pilots? Because defenders always start the first sectors with stationary AA. The attackers can use that same stationary AA after they capture the sector.
    Most people make the mistake to call operations unbalanced and then point at one sector but overall the 40 player operations are not that unbalanced. DICE said the W/L ratio is pretty much 50% which means they are actually balanced.
  • Evil_Barabbas
    Masqerader wrote: »
    I constantly see pilots go 60-0... I also see some go 40ish-5ish... Try shooting down a fighter plane in that AA truck, it's very hard to do and doesn't happen often. Attack planes and bombers are more susceptible and need to be piloted more cautiously, meaning avoid flying over or near the AA truck. It's up to the tankers and assualt (rocket gun) to take the AA truck out. It's called team work.

Sorry but AA vs fighter is a no contest for truck. At least in planes you need to engage the enemy.

AA you can camp out of bounds and fire away.

It's very hard for a AA Truck to take down a GOOD pilot in a fighter plane. They are so fast and maneuverable...
  • Evil_Barabbas
    edited January 2017
    repeat
  • I-ron1n-I
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The problem with the AA truck isn't the fact it kills you in the plane. If you know where it is, sure you can avoid it.

The problem, is that it gives the enemy team automatic air dominance for the entire round. Even if you get behind an enemy plane, all they have to do is scream 'SANCTUARY' and fly toward the friendly AA truck and there's literally nothing you can do but peel off and stop chasing.

So to the morons screaming 'meh planes just don't want something stopping their kill farm'.

No. We just don't want something that ALLOWS the other side to kill farm with no pressure whatsoever.
  • Evil_Barabbas
    edited January 2017
    repeat
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Masqerader wrote: »
    I constantly see pilots go 60-0... I also see some go 40ish-5ish... Try shooting down a fighter plane in that AA truck, it's very hard to do and doesn't happen often. Attack planes and bombers are more susceptible and need to be piloted more cautiously, meaning avoid flying over or near the AA truck. It's up to the tankers and assualt (rocket gun) to take the AA truck out. It's called team work.

Sorry but AA vs fighter is a no contest for truck. At least in planes you need to engage the enemy.

AA you can camp out of bounds and fire away.

It's very hard for a AA Truck to take down a GOOD pilot in a fighter plane. They are so fast and maneuverable...

Disagree, The AA can tear through fighter in seconds. If the pilot is running trench they are gonna be exposed. I have had 0 issues taking down pilots good/bad with AA.

In other new stationary vehicle damage is dumb. lol
  • WonikerFiend00
    wrote: »

Bombers are too slow my good sir and will easily be taken out before they can locate and destroy the trucks.

I understand your frustrations on snipers but that's another reason it's good to have decent pilots on your team to take them out when they are camping.

Trust me, I'm not a person that lives and breathes piloting. It isn't a beloved attack plane. I'm not saying these things to go 82-0. If I wanted to do that I'd camp with a tank rather than fly in a plane.

I'm saying this because every other infantry class or vehicle is destructible or at least can be challenged on Operations. The AA Truck cannot when used improperly.

That is not fair. That's why I think we should have an overall commander who can kick people out of vehicles because it's inviting play that is of no benefit to anyone other than the person in the truck. It isn't just about PTFO, it's about being able to stop those that don't.

I can shoot a sniper that's camping, I can rocket a tank that's spamming, I can take down a plane that's bombing but I can't stop an AA Truck that's hiding.
  • Evil_Barabbas
    I-ron1n-I wrote: »
    The problem with the AA truck isn't the fact it kills you in the plane. If you know where it is, sure you can avoid it.

The problem, is that it gives the enemy team automatic air dominance for the entire round. Even if you get behind an enemy plane, all they have to do is scream 'SANCTUARY' and fly toward the friendly AA truck and there's literally nothing you can do but peel off and stop chasing.

So to the morons screaming 'meh planes just don't want something stopping their kill farm'.

No. We just don't want something that ALLOWS the other side to kill farm with no pressure whatsoever.

Depends on types of planes. I've seen one team only use fighters and was dominating our team because players only chose to use bombers and attack planes. Fighter plane is kind of OP in that regards.
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    Try shooting down a fighter plane in that AA truck, it's very hard to do and doesn't happen often. Attack planes and bombers are more susceptible and need to be piloted more cautiously, meaning avoid flying over or near the AA truck. It's up to the tankers and assualt (rocket gun) to take the AA truck out. It's called team work.

Try flying a fighter plane when there is an AA truck parked somewhere. You are basically doing nothing. You can't attack the AA truck in your fighter plane so you have to rely on your teammates who don't give a **** about you in your fighter plane in the air and the AA truck that is not attacking them. So all you can do is avoid it but since Operations and Rush are not played on huge maps but just parts of it there is not much to do when SAA or MAA is controlling the air. You can try to do quick bombing runs and then back off again to repair but it's a pain in the **** and most of the time a waste of your time.
    Flying is aweful except for maybe in conquest, I don't really know because I don't play it that much. Yesterday a fighter plane tried to destroy my fighter plane so what I did was keep flying in circles and avoiding him for 2 minutes or so and when I lost him I repaired. Then I tried to attack him and we ended up flying in circles for several minutes again. It was a complete waste of time and utterly frustrating and boring. I'm sure there are pilots out there who are much, much better than me who can deal with it better but after 13 days and 17 hours played in total and 1 day and 9 hours spend in fighter planes you would think someone would be able to fly a plane properly and not be countered by someone who is just flying in circles all the time. It's extra super fun when after you dealt with the enemy planes and AA you see a new enemy plane in the air already or you get shot at by a sniper or LMG which do ridiculous amounts of damage (basically every support player has a mobile light AA weapon, people just don't realize it because they have no clue about flying).
    Planes are only OP when you let them be. Nobody goes 60-0 when you actually try to kill them.

Pilots do it all the time bud although it usually closer to 40-50. I'll have to snap you some screen shots on PS4 next time I'm on. I never seen an AA truck go 100-0 though lol...

Sure bud. I am on PS4 too and it is very likely I have played way more than you. A few screenshots isn't "constantly". Got to love the exaggerations on these forums. Btw, I was being sarcastic about the AA trucks going 100-0 CONSTANTLY.
  • WonikerFiend00
    I've come up with a new solution that can benefit everyone and DICE can have this idea for free.

We should have another sentry that is able to go behind enemy lines.

Think of it like a SAS soldier that has the primary objective of killing camping snipers and vehicles.

Increased speed and durability. Low powered primary weapon but lots of anti-vehicle weapons. And being spotted doesn't last for as long as ordinary players.

Problem solved.

All I want is a chance to kill the truck. If the team doesn't take that chance then fine. But at this present time there is no way to stop it.
  • MotchiMoose
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

What about the Scouts that do the same on the defending team, or the fixed AA and other guns positions that are sometimes 2 or 3 sectors away when your Airship arrives as attacker. Or the turret guns on Monte Grappa.
  • Evil_Barabbas
    edited January 2017

Sure bud. I am on PS4 too and it is very likely I have played way more than you. A few screenshots isn't "constantly". Got to love the exaggerations on these forums. Btw, I was being sarcastic about the AA trucks going 100-0 CONSTANTLY.

No sh..it lol. I get you were exaggerating but I'm not. There always one pilot with at least 40 kills on 1 of the 2 teams. Like I said sometimes more.
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    I-ron1n-I wrote: »

Depends on types of planes. I've seen one team only use fighters and was dominating our team because players only chose to use bombers and attack planes. Fighter plane is kind of OP in that regards.

Planes can still die and are in combat zone. AA truck doesn't have to move

Put it this way.

Last D of Blitz I had 64 kills with AA sitting on road camping the doorway of what would be C. I couldnt be hit I was out of bounds to ground. Only thing that could get me was behemoth . And we shredddd that
  • Major_Pungspark
    1489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought there was ground vehicles on both sides? I noticed on day one that Operations was just a mode for 1/3 of the teams to play and for the rest farm kills, never came back.
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    I agree with the OP but not with the solutions. I don't have any ideas right now how to fix it though.