AA Truck - Operations - Massive Problem

Comments

• WonikerFiend00
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Moose309 wrote: »
    I think people are missing my point already.

I didn't say the AA Truck was op I was saying that it's unfair that ground troops cannot get to it in order to support the air forces.

There is no reason why in operations a truck should be allowed to camp so far beyond a sector that infantry cannot access with the sole purpose of trying to destroy planes. It is unfair on the opposition and it also unfair on your teammates.

Giving some opposing ground troops access to the possibility of being able to take it out would surely encourage better game play in operations?

What about the Scouts that do the same on the defending team, or the fixed AA and other guns positions that are sometimes 2 or 3 sectors away when your Airship arrives as attacker. Or the turret guns on Monte Grappa.

As I've said before.

Snipers can be stopped and AA guns can be taken out.

Turret guns can be destroyed too.

AA Trucks are impossible to kill when they hide away.
  • WonikerFiend00
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I thought there was ground vehicles on both sides? I noticed on day one that Operations was just a mode for 1/3 of the teams to play and for the rest farm kills, never came back.

That's the issue.

It isn't a matter of defending vs. attacking. It isn't even about pilots vs. infantry.

Both sides suffer with the AA Truck.
  • THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I feel as if people forget what AA actually is...

As in AA is there to clear the skies of enemy aircraft and make it safer for the ground forces?

I agree.

But surely the opposing ground forces should be able to challenge and destroy the AA in order to make it safe for their teams aircraft?

Who said they want it to be safe for aircraft? If a teammate chooses the aa truck over a tank Im hoping they can clear the skies
  • WonikerFiend00
    Creasie wrote: »
    I agree with the OP but not with the solutions. I don't have any ideas right now how to fix it though.

That is fair enough.

I don't have good solutions but I'm happy to know I'm not alone in my concerns.
  • WonikerFiend00
    I thought there was ground vehicles on both sides? I noticed on day one that Operations was just a mode for 1/3 of the teams to play and for the rest farm kills, never came back.

That's my biggest issue that it doesn't matter if you attack or defend. The AA truck makes it awful for everyone when it is used to hid away and spam the air.
  • Evil_Barabbas
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree with the OP but not with the solutions. I don't have any ideas right now how to fix it though.

That is fair enough.

Like I said before it's kind of hard to force players to PTFO. Good luck EA/DICE on reaching a healthy compromise.
  • WonikerFiend00
    THAGURT wrote: »
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I feel as if people forget what AA actually is...

As in AA is there to clear the skies of enemy aircraft and make it safer for the ground forces?

I agree.

But surely the opposing ground forces should be able to challenge and destroy the AA in order to make it safe for their teams aircraft?

Who said they want it to be safe for aircraft? If a teammate chooses the aa truck over a tank Im hoping they can clear the skies

So you don't want balanced game play?

So it's only fair for the AA truck to challenge the planes and infantry but not for the planes and infantry to challenge the trucks?

That's what we have at present.
  • WonikerFiend00
    TK-Demise wrote: »

That is fair enough.

Like I said before it's kind of hard to force players to PTFO. Good luck EA/DICE on reaching a healthy compromise.

It is hard to force people to play the objective but one of the ways to do it is to constantly kill those that aren't.

This can be done with snipers but not with AA trucks. If opposition have just one way of killing the camping truckers we will have better balance.
  • MotchiMoose
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I will only use an AA truck if the enemy planes are just farming k/d but the times I've used it the biggest threat has come from the bombers. You have to let your gun cooldown 2 or 3 times to bring down a bomber alot of the time. A direct hit from the bombs is 1 shot kill from them.
  • WonikerFiend00

I will only use an AA truck if the enemy planes are just farming k/d but the times I've used it the biggest threat has come from the bombers. You have to let your gun cooldown 2 or 3 times to bring down a bomber alot of the time. A direct hit from the bombs is 1 shot kill from them.

This surely can't be on operations.

I've seen friendly and enemy bombers constantly succumb to the well hidden AA Trucks.

They hide in a spot, take down a plane and move to another spot. Before a bomber can respawn and find them they're already dead.
  • MotchiMoose
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2017

I've seen friendly and enemy bombers constantly succumb to the well hidden AA Trucks.

They hide in a spot, take down a plane and move to another spot. Before a bomber can respawn and find them they're already dead.

Yes it was on Operations, I'm not sure if their team had worked together, but a Scout Flare will pinpoint you on the map for mortars too and make it easier for the bombers. Of course there's a certain amount of cat and mouse to it, but that's where the fun is imo. I got him once, he got me about 4 times over the Operation. He was a good pilot.
  • TullusHostilus
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This may (ironically) attract a lot of flack.

However, I think there is a massive issue with the AA Trucks on Operations that need to be fixed.

The second idea is to attach a couple of hire powered anti truck bombs to all planes so that there is an equal chance that a plane can attack an AA truck and take it out before the truck destroys it.

Isn't that the purpose of the tank hunter plane(or one of the bombers)? Why not just use one of those?
  • WonikerFiend00

Yes it was on Operations, I'm not sure if their team had worked together, but a Scout Flare will pinpoint you on the map for mortars too and make it easier for the bombers. Of course there's a certain amount of cat and mouse to it, but that's where the fun is imo. I got him once, he got me about 4 times over the Operation. He was a good pilot.

But this doesn't make sense when the truck is miles away from the objective in an area that infantry (flare or not) cannot access.
  • WonikerFiend00

However, I think there is a massive issue with the AA Trucks on Operations that need to be fixed.

The second idea is to attach a couple of hire powered anti truck bombs to all planes so that there is an equal chance that a plane can attack an AA truck and take it out before the truck destroys it.

Isn't that the purpose of the tank hunter plane(or one of the bombers)? Why not just use one of those?

Because the truck hides away and is impossible to attack when it's far behind enemy lines just spamming the air.
  • ArmordSaint001
    133 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OP stop farming infantry for 2 minutes and up a bomber and gib the Arty truck.... or cry for nerfs, your choice
  • TullusHostilus
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Because the truck hides away and is impossible to attack when it's far behind enemy lines just spamming the air.

Are the AA trucks also attacking infantry on operations? If they 100% focusing on air I can see that being pretty tough, but I would think they must get distracted and give you an opportunity to sneak in for a kill with a little luck.
  • ColonelCuckold
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So your first paragraph you say that you fly with impunity sometimes and this is fine

Your second paragraph you say you fly in order to rain hell on the enemy and when you can't, that its unfair

....you see what im getting at here?

Life isnt fair. A game with as many factors and ways to die as battlefield isnt going to be fair either...but this is one area where nothing is broken. AA doesnt do so much damage that you cant get away if you react quickly. If the AA is giving you problems and you are in a plane that cant deal with it, then ask your team to deal with it. Thats what i do and it's actualy kind of amazing how many people will be happy to go kill the AA truck causing problems
  • BreakYourseIf
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So in short you want the AA truck to be removed from operations so you can, and I'll quote what you said "Easily avoid getting shot down like in conquest"
    I mean will people never be happy?
    They nerfed the stationary AA guns to the point the point where they're nearly useless and now you want away with the only saving grace that the ground troops have.
    I tell you what, let's just make planes invincible shall we?
    Then people can just go around racking up kills without a care in the world.
    That would be great wouldn't it?
  • I-ron1n-I
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Are the AA trucks also attacking infantry on operations? If they 100% focusing on air I can see that being pretty tough, but I would think they must get distracted and give you an opportunity to sneak in for a kill with a little luck.

If the AA truck was the ONLY thing shooting at you in a bomber...sure, that would be doable.

Except the very existence of the AA truck, means there's a high likelihood that they also control the skies and that your bomber is spawning out solo....with no backup, against probably at least one or two attack planes/fighters.

Add to that potential stationary AA as well, and you will just get shredded before you can even figure out where the truck is, let alone line up a perfect bombing run on it.

People **** about pilots farming don't seem to get, that the way they actually do get to farm is because their side has an AA truck. In a normal balanced game, the best pilots will get short windows of time to hit the enemy. The rest of the time you're contending with their aircraft and them with yours etc. AA truck completely breaks this equation.

• Evil_Barabbas
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I-ron1n-I wrote: »

If the AA truck was the ONLY thing shooting at you in a bomber...sure, that would be doable.

Except the very existence of the AA truck, means there's a high likelihood that they also control the skies and that your bomber is spawning out solo....with no backup, against probably at least one or two attack planes/fighters.

Add to that potential stationary AA as well, and you will just get shredded before you can even figure out where the truck is, let alone line up a perfect bombing run on it.

People **** about pilots farming don't seem to get, that the way they actually do get to farm is because their side has an AA truck. In a normal balanced game, the best pilots will get short windows of time to hit the enemy. The rest of the time you're contending with their aircraft and them with yours etc. AA truck completely breaks this equation.

Seems equal. I think pilots are just mad that they can't farm kills. When I get killed by the same pilot 3-4 times in a row that's when I get the AA truck.... But what should they expect? No resistance? Anyways I've seen operations where neither side spawns in a AA truck nor do the planes engage each other...