Weekly BF

Striterax: A response. Please read. Civil Constructive Comments Only

Comments

• CrashCA
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree with Axelrod1 completely.
  • FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What can be said that hasn't already. We have a genuine need for the kick/ban. I just posted about about a couple of scum bags just emptied our RSP server.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/82223/hackers-killed-our-server#latest

In this case even a PING kicker would have gotten rid of them!
    And now it looks like the PASSWORD protection of the server is being worked on!? Sure it's needed, but KICK/BAN would make everyone a lot more happier. That's what we need the most right now.

Nothing is more frustrating that seeing OVERLY offensive language and nothing you can do about it. .. and If you actually say something it gets worse!.... they know you can't do anything.

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    4ntithesis wrote: »
    Why have DICE all of a sudden felt the need to reinvent the wheel? its costing them time, money and customers while destroying entire communities with their grasp at total control. Its certainly not slowing the rate of aimbotters and extremely toxic players.

QFT!!!

Because they are trying to consolidate the code base so they dont have as much coding to do thus reducing overhead. This makes good business sense if you do it correctly.
    Unfortunately they chose to try and move everything down to a console level instead of worthing with the console manufacturers to increase the consoles abilities. All consoles are based on PC architecture now, albeit a lower end tech, and while not identical in the way they function they share a lot of the same qualities. alliances with MS and Sony to boost performance of consoles and to support a more robust architecture would be a benefit to all as they would be able to get more robust features while not fundamentally crippling PC Gamers versions of the titles and would foster a more uniform platform. You should always tailor your product to support all platforms equally. make the base product support a more minimal texture pack, lower system resources and then those who have higher end systems will benefit from higher end textures , more system resources etc. however, the opposite was done with BF1. They went for making the high end graphics and large amounts of system resources the norm and then dumbed it down and IMHO this is what is causing a lot of the graphics/performance issues people are seeing.
    AAs far as the RSP issues it's obvious that this wasn't a focus during development and even though it hasn't been outright stated was not in concurrent development with the game. As MadTurnip has stated it is also obvious they have a version of mod tools already available based on the fact they have already been used. It is apparent that all that was done for RSP initially was to take an Official DICE server image and add a basic configuration front end on it and market it as an RSP server. Basicly all you are doing renting a server is buying a VM that uses the same image and has a basic config loader on it. With third party hosts this was their bread and butter. They limited the number of VMs on the physical servers and if you wanted to pay enough you could have a dedicated server for multiple instances.
    While I haven't seen the server farm, I'm positive EA is doing something similar however I'm pretty sure they aren't limiting the servers as much as the 3rd party hosts do and you have no option for a dedicated box. These are mistakes made by someone new to the hosting game. I have no doubt it will all get worked out eventually but I hate that they chose one of their biggest titles to start doing this. Battlefront and BFHL should have shown them all they needed to know yet there seems to be a huge disconnect between the non-gamer management at EA and the communities that make their games a success. My fear is that by the time they get it worked out it will be too late. At this point I'm done with preorders. I ordered both the game and season pass so I'm stuck at this point. Water under the bridge and all and hasn't affected me financially any but I will not be jumping in with both feet again. Im hopeful this will be a learning experience for EA/DICE but at this point and after the last two titles I remain unconvinced. I had hope when BFHL was delayed that they had started listening to their customers but Battlefront and BF1 have proven this is not so. Where we go from here is up to them. Lets hope its in the right direction.
  • CrashCA
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DO NOT hold your breath on this. Did preorder on this also, last time.
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    For those not to lazy and really want to know more about what is going on, Follow Ali on Twitter. He has some good stuff going on and you can see the ban he got by fairfight LOL. He had a server to play on for testing. If you are using these forums for your only source of info, then you are behind.
  • Remiflop
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    For those not to lazy and really want to know more about what is going on, Follow Ali on Twitter. He has some good stuff going on and you can see the ban he got by fairfight LOL. He had a server to play on for testing. If you are using these forums for your only source of info, then you are behind.

He got banned by FairFight?
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Read about it LOL
  • Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Read about it LOL

Not that it's anything against you... However, he might like to post some of his updates here. He can lock it ... This is the official forum after-all. Or they should stream his twitter feed to a forum or blog.

• Remiflop
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Read about it LOL

You have link for it or something? After all the latest FairFight drama this would be quite funny.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Now that's funny. Im sure it for testing and all but yeah hahaha.
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    He had a server to play on for testing.

Yeah they were testing the password function and in a classic DICE move broke the end of round scoreboard.

• Axlerod1
    I understand where you are coming from Madturnip.
    At least he is letting us know. It may not be on the BF forums but he is letting us know.
    If you really want to know what he is working on, follow him on twitter.

If you are not interested in admin a server then I would not follow him. I know what is getting down in the testing server he has. You actually had to put in a password to join it. I think that was a feature some players wanted.

He was banned by an admin? What? We can't do that. Oh wait, it's his test server.

But hey, I help run a clan and servers so it is important to me. So I follow it on twitter. People ask questions and he answers them. It is pretty cool if you want to be informed.

If you or anyone else choose to remain ignorant, then that is on you. Go to the official section and wait until March. They posted the official statements. That is all they post in here.

I guess that is where I am different. I do not choose to wait for information to be posted. I go and talk to the devs that are actually making the changes. See the difference? I refuse to be one of the silly people crying and asking the same question repeatedly expecting a different answer. That is just insane some one would be that way. Again, I guess I am different.
  • mintmind32
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I guess that is where I am different. I do not choose to wait for information to be posted. I go and talk to the devs that are actually making the changes. See the difference? I refuse to be one of the silly people crying and asking the same question repeatedly expecting a different answer. That is just insane some one would be that way. Again, I guess I am different.

we dont need another non-mod moderating in here Axlerod - please get rid of your behaviour.

Sometimes its faster to ask someone who already knows the answer than looking through forums and twitter hour after hour.

I get your point man but common its not like the RSP Forum is in heave use. And its not your job to moderate it.
    We are all on the same boat.

But hey i guess you are different.

Btw: i dont think its "great" that he replies to questions - this is a given thing. Many devs across the huge gaming world reply to questions and they are even going further than just replying "soon".
  • Jabbajaws77
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Another thing to note is this is classed as the official forum and communications relevant to the game should be on here not just twitter.

When I have spoken to EA via webchat and it is something to do with RSP or game issues, like not being able to set 125% damage, they have every time advised me to head to these forums and post my question/concern here so the DEVS (in their words) and not moderators will be able to see and reply and fix the issue.

I rarely see this happen, there are moderators who do a great job that post what they can but are in no way responsible nor able to give updates to the individual concerns raised, however this is where EA direct us to go to notify the DEVS directly.

I think being "THE" BF1 forum this is where all game related posts should be along with twitter etc but here as the first priority.

Jabbajaws77
  • brengun05
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Something has to be done soon to allow Admins to kick/ban.
    I was playing on the BLS server in Australia tonight, the server is 1 of the best hardcore setups for a rented server and they do a great job in trying to keep it running with VERY limited control thanks to EA's oversight in this offering of a rent a server.

Tonight 1 player from overseas on a high ping (Which you also can't control as an Admin) decided it would be funny to keep tking the tanks.
    Eventually he gets kicked after keeping tanks from being useful and he got enough tks but then he just rejoins and continues on where he left off.
    Next map, another player decided to do the same thing which detracts from gameplay and destroys the server for the people paying for it.

EA's excuse for why Admin have such little control is complete rubbish.
    This sort of thing will kill the game quicker than the reasons you give for not allowing complete Admin control.

While the game has been designed really well, the graphics are fantastic, game play is very nice, this 1 small feature which should be standard is going to kill the game for many.
    By the time you add Admin control for ban/kick if you ever do, most people will have left the game for something else.
    This will be the last game I support for EA if this isn't sorted out.

It only takes 1 person to ruin the game for 63 other players.
    Give Admins full control.
  • NetRngr
    This has long been one of my greates annoyances since bf3. The official forums are normally the last place to find things out. My own opinion is it should be the first place to find out.

Star,
    I think we can all agree on that and I've stated than many times myself but until EA makes it an official policy that the forums will be the place to discuss game related issues then it is what it is. Until this whole fiasco I had no Twitter account nor a Reddit account. Now I have both. Progress? I think not but as I said it is what it is.
    IMHO anything game related should be posted here and if Twitter is desired a tweet pointing here is what should be used. Same with Reddit posts. Why this isn't a corporate policy is beyond me but It is... nevermind you know the rest.
  • NetRngr
    brengun05 wrote: »
    I was playing on the BLS server in Australia tonight, the server is 1 of the best hardcore setups for a rented server and they do a great job in trying to keep it running with VERY limited control thanks to EA's oversight in this offering of a rent a server.

Tonight 1 player from overseas on a high ping (Which you also can't control as an Admin) decided it would be funny to keep tking the tanks.
    Eventually he gets kicked after keeping tanks from being useful and he got enough tks but then he just rejoins and continues on where he left off.
    Next map, another player decided to do the same thing which detracts from gameplay and destroys the server for the people paying for it.

This sort of thing will kill the game quicker than the reasons you give for not allowing complete Admin control.

While the game has been designed really well, the graphics are fantastic, game play is very nice, this 1 small feature which should be standard is going to kill the game for many.
    By the time you add Admin control for ban/kick if you ever do, most people will have left the game for something else.

I haven't played any meaningful BF1 in a week since we spun back up our BF4 server. It has been amazing playing and just having fun. Being able to have chat on to do a little friendly smack talking is refreshing. The last night of BF1 I played we had a guy doing the exact same thing. May be the same dude. I won't name him due to rules and whatnot but after he blew up my second tank I issued a server wide KoS order on him. soon after he was no where to be found. Also reported him as we were instructed to do but we all know that can take weeks to months to be done.
    BF4 seems to be making a comeback, at least as far as PC players go, to be honest it may already be too late for PC gamers. a good portion of the clans have either moved on or just become so frustrated they flat dont care any longer. I hope this isn't the case but it seems like this is happening.
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    brengun05 wrote: »

I haven't played any meaningful BF1 in a week since we spun back up our BF4 server. It has been amazing playing and just having fun. Being able to have chat on to do a little friendly smack talking is refreshing. The last night of BF1 I played we had a guy doing the exact same thing. May be the same dude. I won't name him due to rules and whatnot but after he blew up my second tank I issued a server wide KoS order on him. soon after he was no where to be found. Also reported him as we were instructed to do but we all know that can take weeks to months to be done.
    BF4 seems to be making a comeback, at least as far as PC players go, to be honest it may already be too late for PC gamers. a good portion of the clans have either moved on or just become so frustrated they flat dont care any longer. I hope this isn't the case but it seems like this is happening.

I agree with many in the community going back to BF4 or other games. many in my clan went back to rainbow six siege and BF4. and a handful of other clan leaders on console have told me their guys went back to BF4 for the time being but are nervous the game won't make a comeback after servers are finally sorted.

sad but still remaining hopeful.

this is a big screw up. the bean counters at EA truly need to fire the RSP team.

• FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I agree with many in the community going back to BF4 or other games. many in my clan went back to rainbow six siege and BF4. and a handful of other clan leaders on console have told me their guys went back to BF4 for the time being but are nervous the game won't make a comeback after servers are finally sorted.

sad but still remaining hopeful.

this is a big screw up. the bean counters at EA truly need to fire the RSP team.
    I agree completely, but I'm stubborn and i'm trying to keep with BF1. Although I did the same with BFH and that didn't work out so well either.
    Not to derail; but BFH actually turned out not so bad after they fixed the huge issues they had - but it took to long to fix and too many people left it for dead.

There some quote about history repeating itself.. somehow seems appropriate :) (sarcasm implied)

This discussion has been closed.