Rent a server feature feels empty with very little control.

caleblayne414
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I really feel like the rent a server program is just short of what it could, and ultimately really should be. It just doesn't seem worth it really unless you have a WHOLE bunch of friends to play with, which I keep my friend base small so for me that is no option. Here are some things I really feel you guys should implement, or at least consider:

1. Editing after purchase

I rented a server unaware that you cannot edit it after you purchased it. I ended up with a refund so I can rent a new one, but, it just seems like you would save some time and heartache for both parties involved. Say I forgot a feature to include/remove and rented the server. Well, I'm either stuck with it the way it is or I have to ask for a refund. That takes time both parties could be using to other issues.

2. Adding a kick/ban feature

I understand that sometimes people will abuse this feature as I may also unintentionally abuse it as well, but I joined a server earlier with an obvious hacker, but sometimes players are just so good, to people with a lesser skill will abuse it. Regardless, there are also those teammates who are just complete jerks, such as purposely standing in front of a mounted gun, AA gun, etc. because they wanted it, but someone else beat them to it, and there are other reasons I'm sure I'm missing, but for the sake of keeping this short, I will just leave it at that.

3. You should be able to remove each weapon/gadget/grenade/vehicle/etc. separately, not just an entire type of weapon, or all land vehicles, and all air vehicles.

Me, I hate shotguns. HATE them, but some people don't mind/like the pump action, but not the auto shotties. Yes, I know, unpopular opinion, but I hate shotties. If I am given the power to rent a server, I should get my full monies worth, not just what feels like a quick job that really left renting servers deemed, as not worth it as I've seen by many people.

4. Please, PLEASE, add in a server list for custom games.

The whole, quick join feature really leaves it as a gamble with your money as if its going to be worth spending your hard earned cash for. What if people just click quick join and never join your server. I loved the server browser feature for BF4, and I feel like it shouldn't have been changed. Leave the official server how they are, and make a similar more accessible server browser for custom games, or, do like you guys did with BF4 and add them all in the same list.

These are of course just my thoughts and opinions, as everyone's opinions differ, I'm not saying my ideas are just the best in the world, but I certainly believe it would make players feel like they got their moneys worth and could ultimately up your sales. Please consider it DICE!!!!

Comments

• PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    have you read this forum, we have said it times before....
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome to the party ;)
  • CrashCA
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A little late, but welcome
  • caleblayne414
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    have you read this forum, we have said it times before....

No actually I haven't. I normally stray away from forums, but that's upsetting to know.
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hmm I never even noticed. especially with all the previous reports and threads about this.

Thanks for pointing this out. I never made the connection.
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome to the club of pissed off clans/communties and (potential) server owners/admins.