Should dice get rid of giants shadow

Comments

• TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    How about instead you just take yourself out of the rotation.

I love the map. If you are having trouble getting around that is your fault. Don't run around towards every flag aimlessly.

"Don't PTFO on this map, and you'll like it"
    - @MonkishOnion , 2017.
  • the-frag-artist
    432 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    The problem isn't the map, it's the low IQs and inability to change play styles that lead the constant tears about this map.
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love the maps with Back to basics mode
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The problem isn't the map, it's the low IQs and inability to change play styles that lead the constant tears about this map.

Level 10 with all classes.

Can pull top score in a server with any class.

I'm telling you - it's the map.

• captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have no issue with the map. It's designed to be open. You know what works well to get around on it and not get shot by scouts? Vehicles, armored cars and motorcycles are very important to moving long distances in this map and staying alive. Once I started utilizing them I stopped getting killed so much trying to cross the open areas.
  • the-frag-artist
    TickTak77 wrote: »

I come from Socom 2. Where maps always had massive disadvantages. The problem is the user and not the map. Sorry but that's just how it is.

Good job on all that whatever you listed.
  • TickTak77

I come from Socom 2. Where maps always had massive disadvantages. The problem is the user and not the map. Sorry but that's just how it is.

Maybe that's why you are struggling to comprehend the issue - I notice you don't have a huge background with the Battlefield series.

I do.

I know what this community does when you give them lopsided, open, cover-free maps.

Which is the same thing this community did on Altai Range.

Which is the same thing this community did on Bandar Dessert.

Which is the same thing this community did on Rogue Transmission.

Which is the same thing this community did on Sinai Dessert.

Which is the same thing this community did on Empire's Edge

Which is exactly the same thing that this community is doing on Giant's Shadow.

I tweeted about this after playing just 3 matches on this map.

Why do I, an Average Joe Gamer, see this sort of stuff, but the game developers don't?
  • the-frag-artist
    edited January 2017
    I didn't read all your post. Instead I came here to inform you I've played every battlefield except for 3/4. 3 was awful and 4 fell flat on its face the first month. Now I'll read it. Yea, waste of time again.
  • Shawt1e
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Add to conquest ! Another conquest map would have been nice , bored now with 4 maps
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Y'all make it sound like youre getting mowed down by snipers on every inch of the map. The only spot with any issue with snipers for me is E because of that big hill surrounding it and it's immediate vicinity to D. You can almost guarantee your going to lose E after D falls and the enemy team comes pouring down that hill. Its just not defendable. Especially if enemy armor camps that hill.

But that don't break the map. You just plan around it.
  • PaintedFanatic
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    God I hate that map... And the pointless crossbows... I know they didn't HAVE to give it to us, but I just feel like it's DICE covering their @$$ because of the late dlc's.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate that it's unbalanced towards the Germans and for some reason every time I play this map I get put on the Brits side...

The map has potential and it seems that DICE are looking to make changes to improve it, so I'm hoping it'll be fixed next patch.
  • PaintedFanatic
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Maybe that's why you are struggling to comprehend the issue - I notice you don't have a huge background with the Battlefield series.

I do.

I know what this community does when you give them lopsided, open, cover-free maps.

Why do I, an Average Joe Gamer, see this sort of stuff, but the game developers don't?

DUDE I LOVED ROGUE TRANSMITION. Especially on rush. It was so great
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it.

That's all I got.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Removal will never happen so not worth discussing.
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Level 10 with all classes. Service Star with every primary.

Frequently top scoreboard with any class.

I'm telling you - it's not the map.
  • MAADDEE
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes, they should.
  • wrghjkv
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rank 10 for all classes

I'm telling you - this map is fun
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's an awful map, which was lazily designed by map designers who fail to understand / comprehend the way this community plays their game. You can't give this community a map with extremely long lines of sight, and little cover, and expect the map to flow.

In a shooter that has Empire's Edge & Suez, the fact that GIant's Shadow stands out as the worst map in the game really highlights how poorly designed it was.

You can't just "Don't Like It, Leave it" with Giant's Shadow - not when there are 10+ of us in a server and it shows up. On Xbox One also, it takes so damn long that it's often quicker to sit through a ridiculously lopsided match on this map rather than quit and try to regroup your entire multi-squad.

If it was removed, would people really complain?

Map is sound and quite enjoyable. Unfortunately you can't directly control the other 63/19 players on this game so others are having 'issues' with it.

It's the linear mindset. Instead of using the ample transport vehicles and cavalry to flank (hell even a tank) players just march in straight lines into areas like lemmings. The lack of common sense to address any and all flanks severely hinder teams too. Countless times as the Germans I've had to pull back to Apples and Butter only to find myself and maybe if I'm lucky another teammate. On that same coin countless times back capping F is meant with fierce resistance.

Player mentality is what makes or break a map not the actual map itself. I'm sure plenty of us have witnessed being all cap as the Germans on Amiens and having teammates scattered everywhere but objectives except maybe one guy on Freddy who just gets wiped soon after he starts to burn it.
    Same thing for each and every map; play like lemmings expect a significant lose.

Now the things the Giants shadow is complaints about snipers and planes but then also crying about the fog if it rolls in. Kek. The fog is dynamic cover; if you just take it a little slower and be more cautious you'll be suprised how easy it is to pick off headless chicken running around everywhere. It pays to be more aware; I know that hard for some which equates to get good. Adapt and overcome not sulk and whine.

The map has ample cover if one just uses the tiniest amout of grey matter and it can flow quite well but that depends on the players (which also applies to every single BF map ever). When people want to camp and not bother with objectives; even kill people on or from objectives, then the map suffers. Always has and always will.

I mean how many people do you see on top of the airship or on the metal skeleton? They can get one kill before they are toast if they are lucky and they aren't even attacking the objective; just sitting above it sticking out of dogs bollocks. Sure a Squadmate could get lucky/unlucky and spawn on them but if they aren't paying attention; splat or pew pew.

Trouble with the battlefield community is they've become so complacent with liner corridor sims and small maps that when you put them on decent size map they freak out or try and play it like a liner corridor. Do we forget the open sandbox map concept?

Empires edge is a solid map and has the exact same flag layout as Sinai (Just Edward isn't so far away and it's on the water). The Jesus Hill is just free dog tags and quite avoidable; no different to the cliff face in Sinai

Suez is a classic example of a good map ruined by player mentality. You have the armoured car/horse? Go to Charlie. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 warbonds. The team that take Charlie first have a significant advantage.
    One only needs to ride around as cavalry to find out why some in the community dislike this map (for reasons we can't explain). Course you're gonna hate this map is you sit on the sand dunes sniping all day and a cavarly comes along and tramples you. Course you're gonna hate this map if you can't work as a team and ptfo. Course you're gonna hate this map if you don't address back caps then come screaming onto the forums to cry about how unbalanced the map is and you always get spawn trapped.

Well if you are allergic to peanuts do you keep eating them? If people would swap servers when a map they didn't like showed up I'm pretty sure people would be a lot happier on both sides of the coin; or they could grow a set and play the map and adapt to it and how it's flowing. Plenty of maps I don't like but I power through it all the same. I only quit because of incompent teams (only after matches unless it's that bad) or if real life needs attending.

Again; if YOU don't like it take action by not playing the map; is the rotation that hard to learn? For every person that dislikes a map there might be 4-5 people that do like it. Everyone has their likes and dislikes which also transfers to weapons and classes.

If they remove the map (which no; no they wouldn't) I'd be one of the first people to come on the forums to complain about. Hey I don't like the BAR; should they remove that even though it's rather popular? See how ridiculous that logic is?

Oh and it's fine to quit a match on xbone. Takes 30-45 seconds, sometimes even quicker. If you can sit through loading a map you can quit a map. Do you just sit there anxiously tapping your controller waiting to quit or something? You press that quit button it will quit to the main menu; nothing else is gonna happen. Xbox isn't gonna catch fire, games not gonna wipe your profile, it's not gonna drain your data. Hell browse the forums whilst you wait; it's what I do
  • TickTak77

I do.

DUDE I LOVED ROGUE TRANSMITION. Especially on rush. It was so great

Not saying you shouldnt love it.

Just pointing out that if you look at maps in the past that have borrowed from the typical, exposed, wide open map design, the gameplay is always bogged down and the same - you lack flow.